Ohio State QB’s and Us.- Update Haskins cut!

FireChans

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

I think Douglas knows better and he will keep Darnold and trade the 2nd pick into multiple picks.  The Jets already have 2 additional 1st rounders due to Adams trade.  I seem them getting better very quickly via FA and Draft.   

Miami also has multiple picks from Houston that will allow them to get good players.

I agree... it’s not Darnold fault.  They should look at trading down for an RG3 level haul

• Like (+1) 2

How the heck did Washington not get anything for this guy??? I understand the he has sucked and has shown red flags off the field recently but you just release him for nothing after spending a first round pick on him not long ago??  I would be pissed if I was a Washington fan.  He was a first round quarterback and has good arm talent, some team would take a flyer for late round pic.  Did they not try and shop him around?  Could they not get like a 5th or something for him?  I'm at a loss for words.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, vtnatefootball11 said:

How the heck did Washington not get anything for this guy??? I understand the he has sucked and has shown red flags off the field recently but you just release him for nothing after spending a first round pick on him not long ago??  I would be pissed if I was a Washington fan.  He was a first round quarterback and has good arm talent, some team would take a flyer for late round pic.  Did they not try and shop him around?  Could they not get like a 5th or something for him?  I'm at a loss for words.

Considering the Trade Deadline long passed. 

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Fields is far better than Haskins. He is as good a thrower as Darnold ever was. Darnold can't throw under pressure and it was evident at USC. Fields reminds me most of DeShaun Watson. Fields is a better passer than Jackson but nowhere near the runner. Herbert is a much more polished passer with some run ability but not much. I'm still surprised how well he has played. I would not take Fields at #2. If I'm Joe Douglas I trade down and see what Darnold does with a better supporting cast around him. I still see him as a game manager type QB but in the right setting he can be good enough.  No need to waste another pick on a QB so early. Now that said if they trade back and a QB is available later in the first round it would not be a bad idea to draft another QB. 

I wanna see what happens with Fields when he's in a bad situation that he can't walk away from. Decommited from Penn State, transferred out of Georgia when he didn't win the job, now he's going to be stuck on a bad team or sitting behind a veteran.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

They tried to trade him before the deadline and their were no takers.

No one wants to be stuck owning money to a problem child...he will get claimed by someone thinking they can fix him....good luck.

Edited by JMF2006

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I haven't really studied Fields yet but based on my tv exposure to him I don't like him anywhere near as much as I liked Darnold coming out. Not even sure Fields ends up as the second QB taken.

Zach Wilson might be the 2nd QB taken and if so he’s someone with insane potential.

2 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

They tried to trade him before the deadline and their were no takers.

No one wants to be stuck owning money to a problem child...he will get claimed by someone thinking they can fix him....good luck.

"Get ready Sam, Dwayne is coming for your job." ~ Adam Gase

Adam Gase eyes: Jets coach doesn't know what a meme is - Sports Illustrated

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

Maybe it was this?

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

Of course, but why not wait until the offseason and try?  If no takers then fine cut him then.

Well considering he is trash, not following rules and risking the team. Time to move on. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

Not sure what’s confusing. The trade deadline has passed. The kid sucks and looks like he doesn’t really care about being a good pro. 

I hate the phrase arm talent. One of those meaningless buzz phrases people use.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

Of course, but why not wait until the offseason and try?  If no takers then fine cut him then.

I think Riverboat is trying to instill the culture there and cutting him now shows the rest of the team that there are no sacred cows.

Fly right or fly away.

Edited by JMF2006
  • Like (+1) 2

In all honesty you have a first year coach who was diagnosed with cancer before the season began. He goes through treatments and still gives all he's got to his team, trying to build a culture they obviously haven't had in quite some time. Haskins blows his opportunity as a starter initially. Alex Smith comes in and is the comeback player of the year. Alex gets hurt opening the door for Dwayne to attempt to right his wrongs. Instead Haskins plays like crap, gets busted maskless at a stripper event b-day party violating current league protocols, gets stripped of his "Captain" status, fined $40,000, proceeds to come out and play crap again, and gets benched. In all of this the only thing I saw him say was he needed to pray and get his life right. He better make the most of his opportunity, if he even gets another. The NFL life isn't college where you can get away with things because of the talent you're facing on a weekly basis or because of all the 4 or 5 star recruits around you. Johnny Manziel can explain that to him.  

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

You seem to be missing that the WFT couldn't "shop him around" at this point until the start of the next league year.  Trade deadline passed back in early Nov.

Seems pretty clear there was an aspect of "sending a message" involved.  "We'd rather have your space than any contribution you might make to the team at this point - Just take your $14.4 M guaranteed, and Go"

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You seem to be missing that the WFT couldn't "shop him around" at this point until the start of the next league year.  Trade deadline passed back in early Nov.

Seems pretty clear there was an aspect of "sending a message" involved.  "We'd rather have your space than any contribution you might make to the team"

I'd say he underestimated how much he pissed people off breaking covid protocols like that on a team who's HC was being treated for cancer throughout the season.

• Like (+1) 1