Ohio State QB’s and Us.- Update Haskins cut!

FireChans

2 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

The bringing hookers to the team hotel on the road kicked it off, his lack of interest on the sideines then the party getting his Captaincy stripped then the post game media snub finally did it........... plus he sucks.

Riverboat Ron has seen enough and I don't blame him

According to Archer...well, they are technically call girls.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

Of course, but why not wait until the offseason and try?  If no takers then fine cut him then.

Likely because they are releasing him due to actions and easier to file claim that he has broken contract rules so guarantees do not need to get paid.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

haskins as backup next year for pgh or saints?  

just hold him till offseason then.  in face, the further from “the party” incident the higher his likely value.   def could get a 5th for him.  

Sometimes a firm message that if you don't fit the culture here you will be cut is more important to an organization's health than a 5th round pick.  Cutting your first round pick in season 20 months after drafting him sends that message loud and clear.  

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

haskins as backup next year for pgh or saints?  

just hold him till offseason then.  in face, the further from “the party” incident the higher his likely value.   def could get a 5th for him.  

Lol. You’re basing this idea on what exactly? 

The sad thing is, Jay Gruden basically lost his job over this P.O.S. Haskins and now it’s revealed that Gruden was right all along. He didn’t want to draft him when he was head coach but was overruled by the front office and ownership.

Gruden wasn’t a bad coach and is known to be a fairly decent guy. Hopefully he’ll get a shot to coach Lawrence next year.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Fields is a better prospect than haskins.  haskins might be the slowest qb of all time. you gotta be able to move at least a little bit.  plus the wft has not done him favors with the o line and weapons.  

the jets have some picks and have started to put together a decent o line.  get the qb some weapons and solid coaching.  

I agree.  Fields has a lot to work with.  He’s not a finished product but he is accurate and has the skills to be a quality NFL QB.   Not that a team like the Jets couldn’t ruin him though.  OTOH I never got the love for Haskins.  I’m a lifelong Buckeye fan and watch pretty much every OSU game.  I never saw it with Haskins.  He wasn’t that good of a college QB and really didn’t fit the Read Option offense at all.  I see it with Fields.  He would be getting a lot more love if his WR hadn’t slipped at the end of the Clemson game last year.  

40 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Miami hired him too.  They did OK after firing him.

That is excusable, though. The only thing we knew about Gase then was that he was highly touted by Peyton Manning and had good offenses. He showed his truly terrible tendencies as head coach with the Dolphins.

5 hours ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

How the heck did Washington not get anything for this guy??? I understand the he has sucked and has shown red flags off the field recently but you just release him for nothing after spending a first round pick on him not long ago??  I would be pissed if I was a Washington fan.  He was a first round quarterback and has good arm talent, some team would take a flyer for late round pic.  Did they not try and shop him around?  Could they not get like a 5th or something for him?  I'm at a loss for words.

Take all of what you just said and imagine you were a GM, what would you give for him?

1 hour ago, MJS said:

That is excusable, though. The only thing we knew about Gase then was that he was highly touted by Peyton Manning and had good offenses. He showed his truly terrible tendencies as head coach with the Dolphins.

He was 10-6 with a playoff trip his first year in Miami.  They were 6-10 the year before.

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He was 10-6 with a playoff trip his first year in Miami.  They were 6-10 the year before.

And? He showed his propensity to throw his players under the bus. He was a terrible leader there.