Ohio State QB’s and Us.- Update Haskins cut!

FireChans

51 minutes ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

How the heck did Washington not get anything for this guy??? I understand the he has sucked and has shown red flags off the field recently but you just release him for nothing after spending a first round pick on him not long ago??  I would be pissed if I was a Washington fan.  He was a first round quarterback and has good arm talent, some team would take a flyer for late round pic.  Did they not try and shop him around?  Could they not get like a 5th or something for him?  I'm at a loss for words.

I believe the incident last week was the tip of the off field problem iceberg. 

No team was going to give up anything for a guy who hasn't proven he can play and who has proven he can't behave.

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I'd say he underestimated how much he pissed people off breaking covid protocols like that on a team who's HC was being treated for cancer throughout the season.

I hadn't considered that aspect of the situation, but that's a point.

Seems like it was the "misunderstanding" about being interviewed after the game may have been the final straw for Riverboat Ron, though.   "Let's review our QB situation, Haskins: we have 0 faith in your ability to win us our final game.  We have a former playoff QB, Alex Smith, whose toughness is beyond question, ready to return.  We have a 27 yr old career journeyman who managed 137 yds and a TD on the last 2 drives of the game with the same players you couldn't get into the EZ.  And we have a QB Rivera knew and liked in Carolina who has played reasonably when he's had the chance, Kyle Allen, on IR and ready to come back next season.  What exactly do you see as your role here, Son?  Embarrassing our PR folks by leaving without an interview and breaking Covid protocols?  You can do that elsewhere, just Go."

• Like (+1) 2

haskins as backup next year for pgh or saints?  

58 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Considering the Trade Deadline long passed. 

just hold him till offseason then.  in face, the further from “the party” incident the higher his likely value.   def could get a 5th for him.  

4 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

haskins as backup next year for pgh or saints?  

just hold him till offseason then.  in face, the further from “the party” incident the higher his likely value.   def could get a 5th for him.  

Johnny Manziel played way better than this clown and had exactly zero offers after being cut.

Sometimes, its best just to move on. If someone claims his contract, call it a win

Regarding Jets talk: watch out for Trey Lance. They could pop back a bit and get him in the 5-10 range. 

as for Haskins: it’s helpful for a new administration to not have to ho-hum about if the young, High pick QB is the guy. Haskins doing them a solid by being trash on and off the field. 

1 hour ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

How the heck did Washington not get anything for this guy??? I understand the he has sucked and has shown red flags off the field recently but you just release him for nothing after spending a first round pick on him not long ago??  I would be pissed if I was a Washington fan.  He was a first round quarterback and has good arm talent, some team would take a flyer for late round pic.  Did they not try and shop him around?  Could they not get like a 5th or something for him?  I'm at a loss for words.

So bench him, hold him until after the season is over, let him hang around and continue doing the wrong things and then hopefully get some pick for him next year Which anyone is foolish to give after all his off the fie mistakes?  

im not sure what the point is. His problem is his attitude and work ethic. That’s least coachable. 

36 minutes ago, H2o said:

Haskins blows his opportunity as a starter initially. Alex Smith comes in and is the comeback player of the year. Alex gets hurt opening the door for Dwayne to attempt to right his wrongs. Instead Haskins plays like crap, gets busted maskless at a stripper event b-day party violating current league protocols, gets stripped of his "Captain" status, fined $40,000, proceeds to come out and play crap again, and gets benched. 

Okay, but apart from that...?

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I'd say he underestimated how much he pissed people off breaking covid protocols like that on a team who's HC was being treated for cancer throughout the season.

You can't underestimate something you never cared enough about to estimate at all. 

Reasons why Haskins wasn't traded (a summary of what is above):

• the trade deadline has passed
  • nobody wants him and nobody is willing to give up an asset (ANY asset) for him
  • the team wants to send a message to him and to everyone else - they are trying to build a culture, and hanging on to a problem child in hopes of maybe scoring a late-round draft pick after the season is not even close to worth it
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

Google “2020 NFL trade deadline” and report back.

He might get a crack in someone's camp next year,  But then again maybe not.  A guy like Chad Kelly actually looked kind of competent on an NFL field and he got barely a sniff... a cup of coffee at best.  Dwayne didn't look any better from his first game to his last.. like he learned absolutely nothing.

Edited by zow2