Ohio State QB’s and Us.- Update Haskins cut!

FireChans

So now that Dwayne “he’s different” Haskins has all but flamed out, I think a cause for celebration is in order.

Not only are the Jets going to miss out on Lawrence, but if they trade their bad QB (Darnold) and draft Fields (who will also be bad), we will get to watch the fireworks first hand twice per year until he’s an eventual backup for the Saints.

This is awesome.

update: HASKINS IS GOOOOOONE GO BUCKS 

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 1

I would be so happy if they draft Fields.  

Wilson is boom or bust, and I have no idea how he translates when not throwing to wide open people at BYU. 

If they keep Darnold and draft Sewell, as so many seem to advocate now, that's great until 4 years from now, both Becton and Sewell want record breaking LT contracts. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think Douglas knows better and he will keep Darnold and trade the 2nd pick into multiple picks.  The Jets already have 2 additional 1st rounders due to Adams trade.  I seem them getting better very quickly via FA and Draft.   

Miami also has multiple picks from Houston that will allow them to get good players.

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I haven't really studied Fields yet but based on my tv exposure to him I don't like him anywhere near as much as I liked Darnold coming out. Not even sure Fields ends up as the second QB taken.

I can see Wilson climb over him for the second QB taken for sure.

I watched the BYU vs. Coastal Carolina game (admittedly, my only exposure to him) and was not impressed with Wilson that day. The circumstances didn't help him, but he was nothing special that night. . . . I've watched Fields a few times, and again, nothing special. I think either is an upgrade on Darnold and I don't see the Jets drafting either.

Fields is a better prospect than haskins.  haskins might be the slowest qb of all time. you gotta be able to move at least a little bit.  plus the wft has not done him favors with the o line and weapons.  

the jets have some picks and have started to put together a decent o line.  get the qb some weapons and solid coaching.  

• Like (+1) 1

• FireChans changed the title to Ohio State QB’s and Us.- Update Haskins cut!

Fields is far better than Haskins. He is as good a thrower as Darnold ever was. Darnold can't throw under pressure and it was evident at USC. Fields reminds me most of DeShaun Watson. Fields is a better passer than Jackson but nowhere near the runner. Herbert is a much more polished passer with some run ability but not much. I'm still surprised how well he has played. I would not take Fields at #2. If I'm Joe Douglas I trade down and see what Darnold does with a better supporting cast around him. I still see him as a game manager type QB but in the right setting he can be good enough.  No need to waste another pick on a QB so early. Now that said if they trade back and a QB is available later in the first round it would not be a bad idea to draft another QB. 

being an Ohio State fan ive watched every snap of Fields' college career.    What ive learned is,  nothing.    He plays with top talent at nearly every position.    The 2 games he struggled in,   one,   im not sure what his problem was,  the most recent BigTen championship game,   he hurt his throwing thumb rather early.   

I get the hate for OSU QBs,   they dont pan out in the NFL,  ever.    Its probably more about system and the talent around them.   Id take a kid from a pro system who struggled but has the measurables  (Allen) over the guy who had the best of everything and comes from a non thinking system  (Spread).   thats just me tho.     

Is Fields bad?   hard to tell.   Is Lawrence great?   nobody really knows.

I do take issue with the "media"  being all in on Fields one week,  then throwing him in the trash heap the week later without mentioning his injury and how it affected him.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, wjag said:

I hope he had a great time at that party.

The bringing hookers to the team hotel on the road kicked it off, his lack of interest on the sideines then the party getting his Captaincy stripped then the post game media snub finally did it........... plus he sucks.

Riverboat Ron has seen enough and I don't blame him

• Like (+1) 1