Playoff Matchup Probability

cv05

3 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Assuming win tonight:
Win next week, play Indianapolis or Miami, host Divisional, potential to host AFCCG
Rest/lose next week, play Baltimore or Cleveland, road Divisional, less likely to host AFCCG

Frankly, I can't believe people are even contemplating resting.

Steelers are having the same conversation, and the betting line seems to indicate they are resting players.  We still get the 2 with a win tonight and both us/pitt losing next week.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Artem Lipatov said:

In all sports, When a team lose intentionally for choosing easier opponent in playoffs it almost always finishes badly. Don’t be afraid of anybody. Just win every opponent. It’s the process of building of winning spirit inside the team.

this !

10 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Assuming win tonight:
Win next week, play Indianapolis or Miami, host Divisional, potential to host AFCCG
Rest/lose next week, play Baltimore or Cleveland, road Divisional, less likely to host AFCCG

Also energy/momentum/winning attitude entering playoffs - and ask the Titans about how fun it is to travel to cold weather sites this time of year.

People also seem to be forgetting the bold above - for an awesomely untouchable unbeatable team the Chiefs have had a lot of games recently they could have lost 

image.thumb.png.c3010f227efbff4671635dac321a069e.png

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Assuming win tonight:

Allen gets hurt and where do you end up?

20 hours ago, RiotAct said:

could you imagine Tua throwing more than 8 or 9 yards downfield on a cold, windy day in Orchard Park?

After the Fitz Magic performance this past weekend, I don't want the fish.  Tuo is a kid who could go wild, Fitz could heave the ball 40 yards with a DE hanging off of his facemask.  Give me a known quantity.

Edited by CodeMonkey

27 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

After the Fitz Magic performance this past weekend, I don't want the fish.  Tuo is a kid who could go wild, Fitz could heave the ball 40 yards with a DE hanging off of his facemask.  Give me a known quantity.

you have a point. I just feel like as long as we can contain Gesicki better than we did in our first matchup at the beginning of the season, we win fairly easily.

3 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

You can't live that way. That's like Dick Jauron playing not to lose, not playing to win.

That is true if there is a point to winning the game like a higher seed.

You don't want him rusty either so a little play is good.  But I'm thinking coaches, players, owners, GM and fans all want this to be a "statement" game on the national stage against a hated team and head coach.  

4 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

I'm playing not to lose the starting QB.

We could lose Allen or anyone to injury tonight as well. No one is suggesting sitting starters tonight. Next week is no different when a potential #2 seed is there for the taking. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, cv05 said:

Update:

(5)Dolphins 10 5 0 40% 40% X
(8)Colts 10 5 0 22% 22% X
(6)Ravens 10 5 0 21% 21% X
(7)Browns 10 5 0 10% 10% X
(4)Titans 10 5 0 7% 7% X

Ravens matchup chances have gone up. 1 in 5 chance... 

I really think the Steelers are going to waive the white flag to the bills and rest their starters given the issues they have had. Colts won't lose to the jaguars for a second time the wild card to me is what the Texans can do to the titans. After what jj watt said after last week I think they play inspired and might clip the titans. Also ravens won't lose either 

On 12/27/2020 at 6:24 PM, singlezero said:

yes i think  the best thing is  to make  sure  we knock  the  dolphins  out . we let them  win        with  resting our starters and it  might  bite  us  in  the  rear  in the first round

Dolphins are probably the 7 seed still if they lose...they move up to the 5 if they beat us most likely

Idk about you guys but I do not want to slip to 3 and see Baltimore in round 1...id much rather get them after the titans beat them up a bit

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

The "if we win" week 16 chart looks a whole lot better then the "if we lose" week 17 chart.   

Now if you tell me the Steelers are going to lose bc Ben won't be playing then fine.  I'll take backing into the 2 seed. 

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, CodeMonkey said:

Horrendous playcall/execution by the raiders on that play.  That offense does look much more effective with fitzpatrick I can't believe Tua is seeing any playing time at all..he just holds the ball too long 

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

The "if we win" week 16 chart looks a whole lot better then the "if we lose" week 17 chart.   

Now if you tell me the Steelers are going to lose bc Ben won't be playing then fine.  I'll take backing into the 2 seed. 

this tells me our odds are much better at avoiding Baltimore in the 1st round if we play to win week 17.