I may be in minority here but I say we put the dolphins down next week...

Hebert19

33 minutes ago, NewEra said:

We certainly didn’t tear up man defense vs the chiefs

I thought the everyone made a big deal about the Titans and Chiefs doing something different in those games? That it was a new type of coverage that Allen saw? I don't think it was strictly man to man like the Dolphins played in week 2. Or was that narrative made up?

This all starts with us beating New England tomorrow night. Gotta do it, and come out healthy. 

From there, can start to get a better idea of seeding and opponents. 

Personally, I’d rather play Miami on wildcard weekend than Baltimore. And if we’re able to lock up 2 seed by tomorrow night, I’m in favor of testing the starters, starting Fromm, and running the most vanilla game plan of all time. Then play them a week later and show them who we really are. 

But so many different things could happen.  

Just now, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I thought the everyone made a big deal about the Titans and Chiefs doing something different in those games? That it was a new type of coverage that Allen saw? I don't think it was strictly man to man like the Dolphins played in week 2 in the Chiefs game. Or was that narrative made up?

A wise man once said "YOU PLAY ... TO WIN ... THE GAME" and I agree. IMHO the Bills should play at their best to win each and every game they are in and let the chips fall where they may.

The only exception I would consider is that if the Bills were playing the Dolphins the last game of the regular season, and were certain that they were going to meet them in the first game of the playoffs, installing a pure vanilla game plan on both sides of the ball thereby not giving the Dolphins "practice" against what they may unleash on them to start their playoff run.

Then again there IS something to be said about coming out that last game and playing like their hair was on fire to absolutely CRUSH the Dolphins thereby demoralizing them for the upcoming week.

The Bills should be concentrating on wining football games, NOT playing silly little games to effect the final standings of the league or potential seeding positions. I don't particularly fear any specific team in the playoffs, however I generally fear every team in the playoffs, they're all good teams, they all have their strengths and weaknesses, and on any given Sunday Yadda Yadda Yadda. 

Edited by Gen2
spelling error
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I thought the everyone made a big deal about the Titans and Chiefs doing something different in those games? That it was a new type of coverage that Allen saw? I don't think it was strictly man to man like the Dolphins played in week 2. Or was that narrative made up?

The titans sat back in a zone the entire game. The chiefs manned up a lot and brought the heat.  Complete opposite defenses from my recollection

4 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

Turn the page.

Progress by Josh Allen

Read the quote I was replying to.  Context my man.  Context 

22 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Josh has owned the Dolphins. BUT, I feel like this Dolphins defense is not the same defense we faced in week 2. 

Looking long-term, I rather not give the Dolphins any confidence at all that they can come to Buffalo in January and win, regardless of whether that is against mostly back ups or not. I agree with the OP. Beat the Dolphins with starter or back-ups whichever it may be and let the chips fall where they may. There is still a decent chance anyway that we can beat the Dolphins week 17 and eliminate them while at the same time the Ravens could finish with the 5th or 6th seed. In either of these scenarios we would match up with either the Browns or the Colts in the first round. For this to happen the Steelers just have to win one of their final two games. As bad as the Steelers have been I can  see this happening. Hard to lose 5 straight.

On a side note, I think the Ravens should be on upset alert today. Giants have a scrappy defense and i could see them shutting Jackson down. Just not sure the GIants can make enough plays on offense.

I respectfully disagree.

I do think the Steelers lose out (Colts, Browns).

And the Ravens shall destroy the Gints.

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The titans sat back in a zone the entire game. The chiefs manned up a lot and brought the heat.  Complete opposite defenses from my recollection

Read the quote I was replying to.  Context my man.  Context 

I hear you. 

Just don't expect the same performance.

If rather just send the Dolphins home for the off season as they continue their rebuild with their weak armed but accurate QB. Dolphins are a very lucky team that plays to the level of their opposition. As they've shown against the Rams and 9er's, if they get a quick lead from a turnover or special teams play they get super hyped and usually hold on FTW regardless what the stat sheet looks like. That can be dangerous against a QB like Josh that on occasion will turn it over. And anybody who thinks Fitz isn't going to play the finale and possibly the playoffs? C'mon man! 17 years and no playoffs ever. He'll be super amped to play his old team in the postseason and play his best football. Sure he hasn't beaten the Bills as an opponent when it mattered, but he has made them sweat. I'd rather sweat against the Titans or the Chiefs, not the Dolphins. A loss to the Fins in the playoffs would be devastating. 

1 minute ago, billsbackto81 said:

A loss to the Fins in the playoffs would be devastating. 

This. In terms of trying to avoid the absolute worst possible scenario we want to end Miami's season next Sunday. A loss to Miami, and possibly back to back losses to Miami in Buffalo in January would potentially have consequences for the next 10 years. Don't give them an ounce of confidence that they can hang with us in January. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

The OP might have a point.

There is no guarantee that Flores starts Tua in the playoffs. What if Flores starts Fitzpatrick in the playoffs? Are we sure that's an easier matchup than the Ravens? I'm not sold.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a more dangerous Playoff QB than Lamar Jackson. He can pull off wins like last night. You're actually worried about Fitzpatrick beating you with his arm in spectacular fashion. In a 1 game elimination scenario, Fitzpatrick can actually be scary to face.

Edited by JoshAllenReceipts

14 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

The only problem with that is if one of our irreplaceable guys (JA, Diggs,White, Beasley, Poyer, Milano)goes down and it compromises our chances to win playoff games, makes it a bad gamble with little to be gained. 

They are football players ... playing football is what they do.

We are football fans ... worrying about injuries is what we do.

I am no more worried about one of those guys getting injured in the next two weeks than I was worried about them having a season ending injury on the first snap of our first game (or any other play up until now). I'm no more worried about them getting injured in the next two weeks than I am about them getting injured on the first snap of our first playoff game. Unfortunately injuries are part of the game, and the team has to deal with them on a constant basis. If the team wants to rest a dinged up player because he's not 100% and they want him more healthy for the playoff run ... I'm all in, but resting a perfectly healthy player .... ahhh ... I'm not sure.

1 hour ago, Nineforty said:

Did you watch last night? Curious. Watching that game cemented it for me that the dolphins are not that good. Decent. But do not scare me.

Fair point about how it would suck to "let them in", so to speak and then lose to them. But shouldn't change one wanting to still face easiest opponent, which I happen to believe is by far Miami.

Good thing bad mojo isn't a real thing.

I agree. If not for Gruden trying to be "smart", the Raiders won that game and this talk about the Dolphins wouldn't even be occurring. I think of all the potential teams to play in the first round, the Dolphins are the one I want to see the most, unless somehow the Steelers are knock all the way back to #7, which I'd love to see!! But, we match well with the "fins and have plenty of tape on them and experience playing them. Plus, it's in Buffalo! As Steve will tell ya, "It might be chilly!"

• Like (+1) 1

Just win out... there’s to many variables right now to say we’d get Miami or Baltimore. 

Just do the playoff machine... I’ve seen where Miami wins week 17, Pittsburgh loses to Indy etc and however else it plays out and we still get Baltimore. 

Im just hoping we win out and Pittsburgh wins out. That leaves us Indy at home.... 

DF350AF7-2804-47AC-85E4-71B7D1B80C3F.jpeg

Edited by CEN-CAL17

33 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

I respectfully disagree.

I do think the Steelers lose out (Colts, Browns).

And the Ravens shall destroy the Gints.

I hear you. 

Just don't expect the same performance.

I don’t. I’m just not immune to the thought that a great defensive game plan, either zone or man, can’t slow us down.  Every QB can be confused and is susceptible to having a down game

2 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Just win out... there’s to many variables right now to say we’d get Miami or Baltimore. 

Just do the playoff machine... I’ve seen where Miami wins week 17, Pittsburgh loses to Indy etc and however else it plays out and we still get Baltimore. 

6E92316B-4DC5-49E3-8666-38618BE3C8E6.jpeg

Im just hoping we win out and Pittsburgh wins out. That leaves us Indy at home.... 

I want no part of Indy in our first playoff game.  I’d rather play any other team tbh

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

DF350AF7-2804-47AC-85E4-71B7D1B80C3F.jpeg

33FE251C-BF0D-4695-A9DB-D8040CDEC843.jpeg