I may be in minority here but I say we put the dolphins down next week...

Hebert19

Its happened a few times in NFL history when you let the team in by resting starters and you end up losing to that team.  The fins are riding a lot of momentum and a ton of luck.  I'd rather take my chances on the ravens who aren't playing great D and are 1 dimensional on offense.  

Play the starters crush the fins and let the chips fall. 

Curious of everyone else's thoughts.  

• Like (+1) 8

I would rather play the Dolphins. They just don't match up at all with the Bills. Allen shreds them throughout his career through the air and on the ground. They play man defense and that is not a recipe for success against us...well...neither is zone anymore. I guess it's kind of good luck with teams against us now...

• Like (+1) 1

Im torn. I agree that letting the Fins in with some momentum by resting starters may have an impact. However Tua is so bad that I actually think our backups can beat him. Does Flores repeat the benching again next week if they are losing?  It can't be good for the culture. I am also concerned about the Ravens. We are a much better team this year but Lamar is a wild card and has something to prove after 2 years of choking in the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mailman said:

Im torn. I agree that letting the Fins in with some momentum by resting starters may have an impact. However Tua is so bad that I actually think our backups can beat him. Does Flores repeat the benching again next week if they are losing?  It can't be good for the culture. I am also concerned about the Ravens. We are a much better team this year but Lamar is a wild card and has something to prove after 2 years of choking in the playoffs. 

Said this to phins fan last night.  They could lose to our backups with Tua. 

If the Dolphins win next week they have an 8% chance of being the #7 seed.  If they lose they have a 39% chance of being the #7 seed.

I 100% agree its looking like its going to be beneficial for the Bills to win next week.

We will obviously have a better idea after today's slate of games.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Estro said:

If the Dolphins win next week they have an 8% chance of being the #7 seed.  If they lose they have a 39% chance of being the #7 seed.

I 100% agree its looking like its going to be beneficial for the Bills to win next week.

We will obviously have a better idea after today's slate of games.

Did you mean the reverse?

4 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Its happened a few times in NFL history when you let the team in by resting starters and you end up losing to that team.  The fins are riding a lot of momentum and a ton of luck.  I'd rather take my chances on the ravens who aren't playing great D and are 1 dimensional on offense.  

I guess it would depend on what the Steeless Curtain win or lose. If we need starters to get the 2 seed then we'll play em. 

4 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

I get your take but they also create turnovers, run the ball well and have one of the best special teams units in the league. 

Creating turnovers isn't a game plan and the Bills have improved their run defense.  As for STs, the Bills are right there with them.

11 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Put me down for putting the Dolphins down. We do for us, not other teams, especially rival teams. I keep seeing stupid sh*t saying Tua is the heir apparent. The heir apparent has already arrived. And up to this point, he still owns the Dolphins 

If josh and diggs play, I dont think we can lose to them very easily. Like the announcers said last night, they live and die by playing man to man defense. All season we have torn apart the teams who try to play man against us. They arent built for a shootout, even with Fitz, so I think the matchup favors us in a huge way. 

I look at it like this. If the Dolphins are the 7 seed. Great the Bills get to bounce them in the first round. If they are the 6 seed maybe Pittsburgh gets them and the Bills get to host the Steelers in ths 2nd round. I look at that as a win-win. Keep one of: Titans, Browns, Ravens out of the playoffs

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Mailman said:

This would never happen but it would be hilarious if the backups are beating Tua so Flores trots Fitz out in the second half and, as a counter move, McD puts his starters in for the 3rd to put the game away before bringing the backups back out for the 4th.
that would be a fun game of “one-upsmanship.”

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

If josh and diggs play, I dont think we can lose to them very easily. Like the announcers said last night, they live and die by playing man to man defense. All season we have torn apart the teams who try to play man against us. They arent built for a shootout, even with Fitz, so I think the matchup favors us in a huge way. 

The chiefs played mostly man and Josh had his worst game of the year

22 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Nope... don’t want nothing to do with Lamar Jackson in the playoffs. I still think the Bills would win but I think Jackson is always an X-factor that can’t be game-planned for. If he makes 2 or 3 crazy plays it is the difference between winning and losing a playoff game.