I can see NFL Sunday Ticket go to Amazon Prime

Draconator

I loved the option of switching to different audio commentary.  The regular announcers were trash, but the "scouts" commentators were actually really good.  They knew football, talked Xs and Os, and generally brought far more candid insight than what you normally get during any NFL broadcast.  More importantly, though, they were having fun, which made their banter a joy to listen to.  It was like watching the game with a few buddies.

If the NFL goes this route, it would be a no-brainer to make home and away radio coverage available as listening options, too.

I always see people wanting “their team only” and assuming they will get some great discount if that is an option.  By and large that is exactly what you pay for with directs.  Out of market fans ARE the Sunday ticket customers.  Yeah you get the other games but how many people watch them?   All the available games are in two time slots so who would pay for a second 1 pm game anyway?   Yes there will probably be changes to how you can watch the bills but it won’t be cheaper.   The other thing is the ticket is more valuable to a secondary performer like directv than say amazon.  Amazon has their customers so they don’t need some lost leader to attract and retain cumstomers  like dtv does.  That is why a lot of people get discounts or free ticket each year.   And the pirate options will always be there too so someone has to subsidize those guys. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, notwoz said:

• DirecTV’s exclusive deal to carry the NFL Sunday Ticket expires after the 2022 season;

I wasn't able to get the 49ers/Cardinals game on Sunday Ticket yesterday so it looks like Amazon took the "exclusive" away from DirecTV for one game. First time I can remember that happening. 

Directv is done anyways.  The technology is passed by.  The only holdout was archaic rules set by the current fcc that favor telecom monopolies.

At&t has been trying to squeeze their satellite customers into the overpriced streaming service, and there are too many better and cheaper options.  

On 12/26/2020 at 12:28 PM, CaptnCoke11 said:

I wish whoever buys it does like an individual team package as well.  I don’t want every game just Bills games that aren’t nationally televised 

I’ve been saying this for years

either a game by game purchase 

or 

or 

buy the entire leagues slate of games 

Could see Amazon picking it but but not Prime only in that you're talking about a package that was costing $300 to $400 full price, now to include that in Prime membership for $130 a year.  I'd be thrilled if they did as currently have Prime, but can't see it being part of Prime.  On the other hand with all the illegal but readily available free streams, can't see people spending much with Amazon for it either.  Maybe $100 Bills package only, or $200 for the entire package could sell it.   A friend has told me the quality of the illegal streams has got quite good too with few if any interruptions.

I think Amazon would consider having it as part of Prime Video but at an extra cost. I can't see Amazon making the money off of it needed to justify the huge money. 112 million Americans have Amazon Prime, so how many more would go buy Amazon Prime for 130 dollars a year or so just for the NFL? I would imagine some would but the NFL Sunday Ticket contract currently costs about 1.5 billion a year, I currently think that in 2023 when that deal expires it would likely cost Amazon 2 billion a year to get that contract. That would mean that Amazon would likely need to add 14-20 million more Prime subscribers (depending on if they subscribe all year or just for football season) to make the economics work. And with 112 million Americans 

I think Amazon would probably charge less money than Direct TV as they would likely treat the product as a loss leader to get more people into their ecosystem. But I still think they would need to have a 150 dollar charge for it on top of the Amazon service fee. I would be mighty tempted to sign up for it as I already have Prime from my job so to pay about 10 dollars a game to watch the Bills and get the rest of the NFL is solid value.