I can see NFL Sunday Ticket go to Amazon Prime

Draconator

My thinking is with all the platforms you can watch Amazon Prime (Browser, TV App, Phone, Xbox, Blu Ray players, et. al.), and the NFL wanting to have maximum exposure, this seems like a perfect fit. I would welcome this if this does happen. We'll see how the 49ers/Cardinals game goes. If all reports are good, this would be added strength for Bezos to outbid anyone (including my employer - Verizon Media/Yahoo), for a whole NFL package, including Sunday Ticket. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I wish whoever buys it does like an individual team package as well.  I don’t want every game just Bills games that aren’t nationally televised 

If you don't live in the Buffalo TV Market, this makes perfect sense.

10 minutes ago, Draconator said:

My thinking is with all the platforms you can watch Amazon Prime (Browser, TV App, Phone, Xbox, Blu Ray players, et. al.), and the NFL wanting to have maximum exposure, this seems like a perfect fit. I would welcome this if this does happen. We'll see how the 49ers/Cardinals game goes. If all reports are good, this would be added strength for Bezos to outbid anyone (including my employer - Verizon Media/Yahoo), for a whole NFL package, including Sunday Ticket. 

Whatever they do, NFL needs to come up with a one-stop-shop, combining NFL Network, GamePass, and Sunday Ticket. Their current system sucks. Personally, living in the mountains, and having a Roku stick, I've had to open up four different platforms ton watch games this season.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

They will need to fix the frame rate if so. It still looks like streaming sports (unlike the Sunday Ticket app, which looks just like real TV).

I watched last night's game on Amazon, and it looked just as good as broadcast via antenna. Perhaps it's my fast internet speeds, but I specifically watched for this reason, and it never dropped off, ONCE it spooled up after about 30 seconds.

Amazon should dump an aircraft carrier of money on the NFL, charge $10-$20 per game you actually want to watch, and then also buy RedZone which can be included for something like $10-month. I'll run to pay for these options, tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 4

19 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Bezos can certainly afford it.

They will need to fix the frame rate if so. It still looks like streaming sports (unlike the Sunday Ticket app, which looks just like real TV).

Ya, Bezos can definitely afford anything on earth. 

8 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

I watched last night's game on Amazon, and it looked just as good as broadcast via antenna. Perhaps it's my fast internet speeds, but I specifically watched for this reason, and it never dropped off, ONCE it spooled up after about 30 seconds.

Really? I'll be curious to see what it looks like today.

At some point, all streaming services will probably catch up, but so far Sunday Ticket is the only one using a 60fps frame rate that on a TV looks just like satellite and allows for the fast movement in sports. Other apps (NFL Game Pass, YouTube, Locast, Sling, you name it) are dizzying as the players, ball, and camera move. It's amazing to me that providers for the most part haven't addressed this as it is literally the only reason I haven't cut the cord.

I've thought for a while now that Sunday ticket should be it's own entity. Picture Sunday ticket like Netflix. An app on your tv/phone/tablet where you can access whatever game u want every week with your paid monthly subscription. You could have different tiers of subscriptions, maybe one for just the games, and another for games, red zone, condensed versions of games etc. In the off season they could have draft/combine coverage as well as original content (football documentaries etc) as part of your subscription as well as access to condensed games from previous seasons. You see where I'm going with this. NFL if you're reading this, just send me a royalty check 

• Thank you (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Draconator said:

This is not the first game carried by AZ Prime.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Really? I'll be curious to see what it looks like today.

At some point, all streaming services will probably catch up, but so far Sunday Ticket is the only one using a 60fps frame rate that on a TV looks just like satellite and allows for the fast movement in sports. Other apps (NFL Game Pass, YouTube, Locast, Sling, you name it) are dizzying as the players, ball, and camera move. It's amazing to me that providers for the most part haven't addressed this as it is literally the only reason I haven't cut the cord.

I'm now watching the TB game on NFL Network, via my laptop, and it looks just like broadcast. 

Your mileage may vary.

I have 200MBPS internet and I bet that may be the "ticket" for you.

4 minutes ago, Beerball said:

This is not the first game carried by AZ Prime.

I know. They're doing the smart thing by broadcasting a few games, get feedback, make adjustments, and present the NFL with something that can't be ignored. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

I'm now watching the TB game on NFL Network, via my laptop, and it looks just like broadcast. 

Your mileage may vary.

I have 200MBPS internet and I bet that may be the "ticket" for you.

Same. I've had no issues streaming this year (legal and otherwise), and everything comes in HD quality. Might help I have an Amazon 4k FireTV thing while watching on Amazon.

Streaming and antenna come in even higher quality than cable.

26 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I haven't paid for the NFL ticket in years. I can't imagine Amazon or any other company giving me the deals each year that i get from Directv. 

I totally get what you’re saying. Most years, recently, I haven’t had to pay for it either. That said, you’re still having to pay quite a bit throughout the year to have DirecTv.

With so many things either cheap or free nowadays through streaming, it’d be nice to have it on a platform where I could not have to rely on DIRECTV anymore.

i’m actually thinking about doing game pass next year. We can’t usually watch the games live anyway so it doesn’t matter about having to wait until after the game is over to watch it.

51 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I wish whoever buys it does like an individual team package as well.  I don’t want every game just Bills games that aren’t nationally televised 

I have wondered for a while why they haven’t gone to individual team packages. I think they’d get a lot more people if they had a cheaper option like this.

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 1

I can’t understand why the nfl itself isn’t staggering more games to be stand alone. I have Sunday ticket and have had it for years. I absolutely love it but the more stand alone games, the better. There’s almost no reason to have 8 games at 1 pm on Sunday. I love the mix channel and I watch as much as I can but it’s much easier to concentrate on 1 at a time. The nfl is not like the nba/nhl/mlb...if a game is on, people are going to watch. I would add (at least) a second Monday night game, A Tuesday game 1 Saturday game and A 9:30 am Sunday game. Every week. Also add a second bye week to give the nfl that 18 week season without even adding a game. More stand alone games on tv, equals more money for the league and more games for fans to watch.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Whomever takes it over, if they were to offer that deal would probably make the price difference between individual team games vs the whole league.