Week 16 rooting interests for the Bills

My Christmas wish list...

KC loses out and Steelers and Bill's win out!

Yes I know thats a lot to ask.  But in a 3-way tie KC would be first out as they would have worst division record at 4-2.  Steelers and Bill's both 5-1. That would drop KC out.  Then it reverts to a two way tiebreaker....Bills have head to head over Steelers. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Dafan said:

Yes I know thats a lot to ask.  But in a 3-way tie KC would be first out as they would have worst division record at 4-2.  Steelers and Bill's both 5-1. That would drop KC out.  Then it reverts to a two way tiebreaker....Bills have head to head over Steelers. 

Sorry Dafan.  The tiebreaker doesn't work that way when determining seedings.  

Divisional records would be disregarded to separate teams with same win/loss records playing in different Divisions inside the AFC.

One game I do not see discussed but is sort of important to us is Texans-Bengals. We are really rooting for Texans in this one.

Dolphins have their 1st round pick so that's obvious reason. We were really unlucky in this one - I have no idea how Texans could be 4-10 atm. We need them to win at least this one otherwise Dolphins might have top 5 pick.

But we also need Bengals to lose. If Jets don't get lucky and somehow don't end up with first pick, I think we need Cincy to stay at 3 to limit their options. I am specifically talking about scenario when Jets decide to give Darnold another chance and build around him. In such case they are might decide to take Sewell at 2 and build some monster Oline. If they do it fine, but we don't want them to have a chance to actually trade down, gain more picks and still land Sewell. This will not be possible with Bengals being 3rd, but if Bengals win vs Texans, they will actually jump over Texans, Panthers and Falcons (who may easily all lose out given their schedule).

If draft order ends up being Jags, Jets, Panthers, Falcons then Jets may trade down with Panthers of Falcons who will get QB of their choice and Jets get Sewell and draft picks. I know its a longshot and quite a wild theory but I still want Bengals just to lose and limit Jets options.

9 hours ago, Dafan said:

Xmas miracle indeed

1 hour ago, No_Matter_What said:

One game I do not see discussed but is sort of important to us is Texans-Bengals. We are really rooting for Texans in this one.

Dolphins have their 1st round pick so that's obvious reason. We were really unlucky in this one - I have no idea how Texans could be 4-10 atm. We need them to win at least this one otherwise Dolphins might have top 5 pick.

But we also need Bengals to lose. If Jets don't get lucky and somehow don't end up with first pick, I think we need Cincy to stay at 3 to limit their options. I am specifically talking about scenario when Jets decide to give Darnold another chance and build around him. In such case they are might decide to take Sewell at 2 and build some monster Oline. If they do it fine, but we don't want them to have a chance to actually trade down, gain more picks and still land Sewell. This will not be possible with Bengals being 3rd, but if Bengals win vs Texans, they will actually jump over Texans, Panthers and Falcons (who may easily all lose out given their schedule).

If draft order ends up being Jags, Jets, Panthers, Falcons then Jets may trade down with Panthers of Falcons who will get QB of their choice and Jets get Sewell and draft picks. I know its a longshot and quite a wild theory but I still want Bengals just to lose and limit Jets options.

Are you in the wrong thread? :P

Can I interest anyone in the 1-seed?:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine/_/results/401220174~1~401220130~2~401220362~1~401220296~2~401220182~2~401220243~2~401220273~1~401220234~1~401220223~2~401220199~2~401220145~1~401220152~1~401220114~1~401220164~2~401220132~1~401220154~1~401220180~2~401220220~2~401220187~1~401220354~2~401220250~1~401220211~2~401220328~2~401220315~2~401220284~1~401220275~2~401220344~2~401220260~1

The obvious: Bills need to win out, Chiefs lose out, Steelers win out, causing 3 way tie and eliminating KC head to head tiebreaker.

Not-so-obvious: ATL needs to win out, Hou must lose out, Jets must beat Browns today, Raiders need to beat Broncos next week, Baltimore needs to lose one more.

I may have missed some more requirements. That's what I came up with playing around with the machine. It's a longshot for sure.

59 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

The obvious: Bills need to win out, Chiefs lose out, Steelers win out, causing 3 way tie and eliminating KC head to head tiebreaker.

Not-so-obvious: ATL needs to win out, Hou must lose out, Jets must beat Browns today, Raiders need to beat Broncos next week, Baltimore needs to lose one more.

That's all?