Week 16 rooting interests for the Bills

3 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

My crystal ball says we clinch the #2 seed Monday night.

The Colts should beat a crashing Steeler team.

The Packer vs Titan game should be a fun high scoring affair that the Packers being the better team should win.

The Jests aren't winning two in a row and the Browns still have a shot at their division, they'll kick Jest backside.

#2 seed is huuuuuge... If the Chiefs get upset the #2 would host the AFC Championship game.

I just want to avoid the Ravens in the first round and not get the 4th seed.  Whether we're the 2nd or 3rd seed isn't that important.  An away game for the divisional may mean better weather anyways.  We still avoid KC in the 2nd round with either seed.

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I just want to avoid the Ravens in the first round and not get the 4th seed.  Whether we're the 2nd or 3rd seed isn't that important.  An away game for the divisional may mean better weather anyways.  We still avoid KC in the 2nd round with either seed.

If we are locked into at least the 3 seed going into week 17 and play starters I'm going to be pissed. 

Could care less about the 2 seed this year, people are way over valuing it. 

22 minutes ago, Process said:

If we are locked into at least the 3 seed going into week 17 and play starters I'm going to be pissed. 

You'll see that conundrum every year now with only one team getting the bye.  More playoff teams resting their starters as that extra bye week for the #2 seed was huge.  An unintended consequence of putting money over product quality.

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

You'll see that conundrum every year now with only one team getting the bye.  More playoff teams resting their starters as that extra bye week for the #2 seed was huge.  An unintended consequence of putting money over product quality.

I mean going forward it will be more valuable due to home field advantage. 

But this year its pretty much worthless. 

Would it be nice sure but it would be absolutely ridiculous to play starters to play for 3 vs 2 seed. 

34 minutes ago, Process said:

Hope you got yellow underwear for Christmas.

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

what helps Buffalo helps Miami 

Week 17 implications

The Dolphins’ best chances for a win in Week 17 come, of course, with the Buffalo Bills sitting their starters to rest for the postseason. In order for that to happen, we’ll likely need to see the Bills clinch the No. 2 seed in the AFC ahead of their contest with Miami. That scenario plays out with several Week 16 outcomes — but thankfully for Miami they’re all fairly straight forward.

It helps Buffalo most if the defense pounds the Phish during final game forcing them to use backups in playoffs in Buffalo.

12 minutes ago, Process said:

I mean going forward it will be more valuable due to home field advantage. 

But this year its pretty much worthless. 

Would it be nice sure but it would be absolutely ridiculous to play starters to play for 3 vs 2 seed. 

That extra bye week is way more important than home field advantage.  Even when fans come back as hfa wasn't what it used to be.  With a bye you have one less playoff game to win.  Another week to get healthy.  Since the top two teams got a bye starting in 1975, they made the Superbowl 73 times compared to only 15 for WC teams.  You're just going to see a lot of bad football in week 17 under this new format.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

That extra bye week is way more important than home field advantage.  Even when fans come back as hfa wasn't what it used to be.  With a bye you have one less playoff game to win.  Another week to get healthy.  Since the top two teams got a bye starting in 1975, they made the Superbowl 73 times compared to only 15 for WC teams.  You're just going to see a lot of bad football in week 17 under this new format.

Yes, this is obvious. 

I'm saying going forward #2 will be more valuable than it is this year. Not more valuable than when you got a bye week. 

52 minutes ago, Devilmann said:

Man Chucky sucks as a coach. Why not punch it in and make them go for a TD but no he’s more worried about trying to leave time on the clock so all they need is a field goal to win. 

I agree - especially with a kicker who just missed an extra point. I thought they should've scored a touchdown sand and gone for 2. 

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Rooting for a Steelers victory tomorrow.... chances go way up we don't get Ravens in round 1 if that happens.

I disagree. Again, double edged sword but indy wins and probably other crap needs to happen, but our backups lose to Miami and we play the phins in round 1. There's literally so many scenarios though. Of course predicated on the Bills winning MNF.

Edited by Bferra13