Bills Injury list on 12/24

BubbaT

3 minutes ago, BubbaT said:

I was surprised to see Nsekhe on it with a groin injury. Williams was limited with a groin as well. If neither can go Monday night, do you think Bates will be the next man up?

https://www.patriots.com/news/week-16-patriots-bills-injury-report-x8898

How is it that the pats list every player on the team EXCEPT Gilmore who we all saw got hurt in the last game

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BubbaT said:

I was surprised to see Nsekhe on it with a groin injury. Williams was limited with a groin as well. If neither can go Monday night, do you think Bates will be the next man up?

Yeah, me too.  I thought it was Williams that had the groin.  

41 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

How is it that the pats list every player on the team EXCEPT Gilmore who we all saw got hurt in the last game

Gilmore officially placed on IR

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/patriots-stephon-gilmore-officially-placed-on-ir/

45 minutes ago, BubbaT said:

One of the media guys reported Nsekhe left practice early on Weds, so perhaps he was injured during practice?

They didn't see Williams practicing Weds.

Let's see (rummage rummage).  Yep, looks as though Nsekhe injured during practice Weds, got checked out and returned, but they kept him out today.  Bates isn't just "next man up", might be only man up!  Looks like we may elevate a couple OLmen this weekend.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, hemma said:

Williams 922 snaps, 2.5 mil

Nsekhe 46 snaps, 5.2 mil

Wonder if Beane is doing a ‘hmmmmm... groins’

Williams was signed to a cheap, prove-it contract.  He's proving it!  He's due for a BIG pay increase, unfortunately for more than the Bills can likely afford.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 1st&ten said:

Bates has played guard & tackle. He'd probably be the next man up but they might mix in Lee Smith on plays, he listed at 265 lbs but he looks to be closer to 290+

They are not playing Smith at T. If they can’t go it’s Bates. It’s like he’s never practiced at the position-ever. 

Our injury report is near useless. McDermott as become near Belichickian in his use of the injury list. Unless he rules someone out there is little information to be gained on the players we know have suffered injuries. I don’t put any stock in Williams not practicing. We know he pulled his groin, we have no idea the extent of the injury and won’t until game day. That’s good coaching.

56 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Williams was signed to a cheap, prove-it contract.  He's proving it!  He's due for a BIG pay increase, unfortunately for more than the Bills can likely afford.

Right.  What I was saying in my own odd, 5 WPM truncated language is that both are UFAs next year, we have had a good year from Williams (28 years old) and it would be good to keep him on the team.  Redirect that 5.2 mil Nsekhe (30 snaps and his 35 year old crotch hurts) money toward Williams.  It may require an additional 5 mil, but 5.2 + 2.5 is a good start.  Bates or one of the PS guys can be the 2021 float.  That can be Beane’s next, smallish wizardry.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

They are not playing Smith at T. If they can’t go it’s Bates. It’s like he’s never practiced at the position-ever. 

I didn't mean for the whole game but to mix him in for a few plays. He would be an emergency fill in for some plays. He has lined up as a tackle in the past.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, hemma said:

Right.  What I was saying in my own odd, 5 WPM truncated language is that both are UFAs next year, we have had a good year from Williams (28 years old) and it would be good to keep him on the team.  Redirect that 5.2 mil Nsekhe (30 snaps and his 35 year old crotch hurts) money toward Williams.  It may require an additional 5 mil, but 5.2 + 2.5 is a good start.  Bates or one of the PS guys can be the 2021 float.  That can be Beane’s next, smallish wizardry.

we also can draft a mid round swing tackle as a backup

10 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Was relieved to see the CBS report that AJ Epenesa is said to have "avoided a concussion" and is expected to play.

He's been very useful at RDE.......which has helped allow Hughes to go to LDE where he finds the rushing easier against less agile RT's.

Yea he has started to come on since the bye when they committed to him and benched Trent. Was always gonna be slower for rookies given the reduced offseason. He needs to take another step year 2 but I have been reasonably pleased with his progress in the second half of the season.

11 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

Wouldn't Bates play inside ?
I might think they will have to shuffle the deck again at O line and adjusting Offense with Williams out. He is pretty darned reliable.
 Ty needs to be ready to go .
But heck,

its just the Patriots :)

Bates can play anywhere on the oline really. Has experience at C, G and OT. He is super versatile which i think was a big factor in him making the team this year