[Vague Title] Titans game

streetkings01

I would love another shot at the Titans in the playoffs.  We played them with no Tre White, Levi Wallace, Matt Milano, John Brown or Zach Moss. I see that left out, Josh Norman was our #1 CB that night.....*yikes*.  I think we smoke the Titans if we see them again, hoping the Colts win the division so we see the Titans again!

• Like (+1) 8
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Yeah, not to mention getting jerked around with scheduling/COVID and then the Titans being hailed on the broadcast as such an inspiration playing shorthanded. They were missing a holder and some scrub wr's lol. Out there holding illegal practices at HS football fields too. This should go in the airing of grievances thread, cuz that really ticked me off.

Edited by Bferra13
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

I would love another shot at the Titans in the playoffs.  We played them with no Tre White, Levi Wallace, Matt Milano, John Brown or Zach Moss. I see that left out, Josh Norman was our #1 CB that night.....*yikes*.  I think we smoke the Titans if we see them again, hoping the Colts win the division so we see the Titans again!

The most important factor was that Josh was still ailing with his shoulder injury.   This is a totally different football team then back then.  With that said, Tennessee is a team that is built in a manner that gives this Buffalo team challenges on defense.  They run the ball very well, they are physical and they do really good play action with a highly efficient QB.   The Bills are the better team but Tennessee is really good as well.

• Like (+1) 4

I don't think we smoke them. They are a good team. I do no for sure, no way in hell we get blown out. It would be a one score game at worst. 

1 minute ago, Magox said:

The most important factor was that Josh was still ailing with his shoulder injury.   

Josh was by far the best player on the field for us that day. I didn't think the shoulder affected him much at all that day. The injuries and discombobulated schedule is what killed our chances in that game.

1 minute ago, Magox said:

The most important factor was that Josh was still ailing with his shoulder injury.   This is a totally different football team then back then.  With that said, Tennessee is a team that is built in a manner that gives this Buffalo team challenges on defense.  They run the ball very well, they are physical and they do really good play action with a highly efficient QB.   The Bills are the better team but Tennessee is really good as well.

I disagree. I think our defense is clicking right now.  That 1st meeting Josh Norman was abused and picked on constantly.....replace Josh Norman with Tre White and that game looks a lot different.

Not to mention at the time we were also preparing for a Thursday game with KC 

With the players we had out plus the craziness of the schedule I think if we play them again we return the favor

Most of their scores were off turnovers/gave them short fields 

Not to mention that game with how Tennessee was being portrayed in the media the game meant a lot more to them

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

I'm convinced Josh was more dinged than he let on at that point too.  Not a coincidence that those back-to-back losses were right after that shoulder injury during the Raiders game.

I mean, he was wearing some sort of body brace. That has to affect the way you throw and move. 

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I don't think we smoke them. They are a good team. I do no for sure, no way in hell we get blown out. It would be a one score game at worst. 

Josh was by far the best player on the field for us that day. I didn't think the shoulder affected him much at all that day. The injuries and discombobulated schedule is what killed our chances in that game.

I agree, I think the Titans are the most complete team in the conference in that they have a good running and passing game. Their defense isn't great but good at times and their kicker can hit a long one and knows about pressure but hasn't been perfect this season. I'd rather play them later than sooner in the playoffs as want us to gain some confidence as this team hasn't won a playoff game and let's not forget we were up a lot at the half time last year and lost in OT to Houston. 

Our first possession in Tennessee ended when Andre Roberts tipped a pass into the hands of a Titans defender.  

Our WR Corp looks a heck of a lot stronger now.  

Doubt Roberts will get another target from Josh unless we rest all the starters in Week 17. 

For the injury report person, don’t forget Edmunds was playing trying to tackle with one arm.  I don’t want to be that team though as the whining fro Steelers players and fans is ridiculous.  We’re a better team.  Period.

If we win the next two, ams the Steelers lose, the Browns might get the North and we can destroy them.  I was going to say JuJu, please dance again on our logo, but I understand this morning he had a schlacking by the team, and is trying to act humble now.

I want Derrick Henry and the Titans to win this weekend against the Packs, so we have to beat the Fins for #2.  Then Henry runs for 250 yards each game so he is so worn out and keeps driving against the Texans.  In the first round he’d have to run a ton to get to us in the second round.  Remember how weak he looked in the AFCC last year as he ran so much he wore down.

That would be fun.

I've gone back and forth with Tennessee fans on this. I've mentioned that Tannehill has become a competent QB because having the best RB in the league has taken the pressure off him to carry a team. How it's made his job so much easier for him because teams can't stack the box. I said out of jealousy and envy that if the Bills had Henry along with their current passing offense we would win the SB. Man did that open a can of worms! I do hope we play them again. All they consider is the final score. Not injured Josh. Not Tre, Smoke, Milano missing. Not Covid or the hoops jumped to accommodate their team. Not Buffalos indecisive prep or travel. It was their signature win of the season and they won't let it go because when you lose to a 1 win team (Cincy)a few weeks later that's all you got. Teams like Tennessee and Miami are super annoyed when analysts talk about what team has the best chance to beat KC because most are unanimous picking Buffalo.  I'd much rather play them than Baltimore, Cleveland, or an opportunistic Miami.

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Like (+1) 1

Not to mention the Bills would be playing with something to prove. The Titans handed them their biggest beat-down of the season, and you can bet they will be fired up to even the score. 

Also, those banged up Bills held Derrick Henry to 57 on 19 carries. I doubt that happens again, but it's worth noting.