Some Jets fans angry at punter Braden Mann for making tackle in victory over Rams

HOUSE

h5xwiirr0tezx6qouwxm.jpg

The New York Jets white-knuckled a dwindling lead in Sunday's game against the Los Angeles Rams late into the fourth quarter.

A once 20-3 lead sat at 23-20 with under six minutes remaining when Adam Gase sent his punt unit onto the field. Rookie Braden Mann booted the pigskin 50 yards where Rams returner Nsimba Webster corralled the ball and streaked upfield.

Webster caught daylight and appeared headed for a potential go-ahead touchdown.

Mann stepped in the way. The 5-foot-11 former high school linebacker took down Webster for his fourth tackle of the season, helping preserve the Jets' first victory of the year and, in some ways, altering franchise history.

https://www.nfl.com/news/some-jets-fans-angry-at-punter-for-making-tackle-in-victory-over-rams

Edited by HOUSE
  • Haha (+1) 6

I get the fans being mad about losing out on Lawrence, but c'mon...rooting to go 0-16 is just awful.

And these players have pride, are playing for jobs & future contracts, none of them are wanting to be have 0-16 go on their records, so don't s*** on them for still doing their jobs.

It's funny to watch it not be us, but these people needs to keep some perspective lol

• Like (+1) 7

33 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

What makes the whole thing so comical is that this used to be us, as fans...The Bills would always seem to pull a win out of their asses when it mattered the least...😂

I was pissed the Cam year when we were 0 and whatever and then won a couple of pointless games to end up picking 3rd. Especially as at the time it was still possible Luck was going to come out.

15 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I get the fans being mad about losing out on Lawrence, but c'mon...rooting to go 0-16 is just awful.

And these players have pride, are playing for jobs & future contracts, none of them are wanting to be have 0-16 go on their records, so don't s*** on them for still doing their jobs.

It's funny to watch it not be us, but these people needs to keep some perspective lol

I remember the "Suck for Luck" signs in Indi - although they didn't go 0-16 the fans in the stands were clearly rooting for losses

22 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I live in the market n usually listen in the car to sports talk.

Jet fans are furious, depressed and confused. Especially with Josh emerging as a bona-fide superstar,  they are really desperate. I almost feel bad for em. I've been there, we all been there , they'll be ok. 

I dont quite get it honestly. How often does the consensus #1 overall pick QB work out? Not a ton. Many times the best QB from a class comes later. Just feels silly to get your panties in a bunch over this. Luck was good I guess but not a world beater, never made a SB. Ryan and Stafford are solid but beatable. Kyler, Burrow the jury is still out (but Herbert looks good). 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

This is what separates the logic of normal people vs Jets fans. 

32 minutes ago, jletha said:

I dont quite get it honestly. How often does the consensus #1 overall pick QB work out? Not a ton. Many times the best QB from a class comes later. Just feels silly to get your panties in a bunch over this. Luck was good I guess but not a world beater, never made a SB. Ryan and Stafford are solid but beatable. Kyler, Burrow the jury is still out (but Herbert looks good). 

Lawrence is head and shoulders above anyone you just mentioned. I would consider him on the same level, or even higher, than Manning when he came out of Tennessee.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, BillsIsrael said:

I remember the "Suck for Luck" signs in Indi - although they didn't go 0-16 the fans in the stands were clearly rooting for losses

The Colts went out of their way to be awful that year. They started Curtis Painter most of the season over Kerry Collins just to make sure they got the first pick. Painter is still the worst starting QB I ever saw, yes- even worse than Tuel or Peterman. They still almost blew it by winning 2 games, in weeks 15 & 16. Hopefully the Jets aren't that lucky.

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

h5xwiirr0tezx6qouwxm.jpg

The New York Jets white-knuckled a dwindling lead in Sunday's game against the Los Angeles Rams late into the fourth quarter.

A once 20-3 lead sat at 23-20 with under six minutes remaining when Adam Gase sent his punt unit onto the field. Rookie Braden Mann booted the pigskin 50 yards where Rams returner Nsimba Webster corralled the ball and streaked upfield.

Mann stepped in the way. The 5-foot-11 former high school linebacker took down Webster for his fourth tackle of the season, helping preserve the Jets' first victory of the year and, in some ways, altering franchise history.

https://www.nfl.com/news/some-jets-fans-angry-at-punter-for-making-tackle-in-victory-over-rams

I’m getting a Bills Mann jersey

I always rooted for wins during the bad times. Let the draft work itself out. I don't want to root for a team or players who aren't trying to win.

And as I see it, the players and coaches are usually trying in these "tanking" teams. Sometimes they are hamstrung by the front office gutting the team of talent, but the players and coaches are wired to win.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, MJS said:

I always rooted for wins during the bad times. Let the draft work itself out. I don't want to root for a team or players who aren't trying to win.

And as I see it, the players and coaches are usually trying in these "tanking" teams. Sometimes they are hamstrung by the front office gutting the team of talent, but the players and coaches are wired to win.

who do you want to feel bad for.... the divisional Jets or the Marrone coached Jaguars ?

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

h5xwiirr0tezx6qouwxm.jpg

That's my Mann-Meat!!!!!!!!:wub: