Your Favorite/Most Memorable Bills Christmas Gift

Wizard

Not mine but Steve Christie used to hunt on my Grandpa's property in East Aurora.  As a thank you Christie had most of the '98 Bills sign an autograph designed football and we gave it to my late nephew as a Christmas gift (who had down syndrome).  I just thought it was a really cool gesture by the team and Andre Reed in particular wrote him a nice message on it.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

During the early 90's my then girlfriend gave me a large framed poster which was an abstract painting showing Andre Reed escaping a tackle from a Dolphins' player.  Title of the print was "Andre Reed Squishin' the Fish".  We saw it hanging behind a bar on Abbott before a game and after I admired it, she went back to the bar a few days later (a 3 hour drive) and convinced the bar owner to sell it to her to give to me for Christmas.  Turns out she wasn't a keeper but I still have the framed print!  Love it! No comments please about what she did for the bar owner to sell it to her!

4 hours ago, RochesterLifer said:

Not a gift, but...

At the end of 1999, I had a closet full of Bills winter jackets, all in great shape. I think I had eight of them. I decided to take them to the Open Door Mission in Rochester for homeless folks to stay warm. For the next two years, you would have thought the streets were full of Bills fans. You could always see someone walking, sleeping or just hanging out, in Bills' gear. It made me smile and laugh at the same time. 

Rottenchester (I dated a bunch of Rochester girls when in college so no offense), that I one of the nicest posts, and thank you.  I love guys who get the most out of helping others.  That is commendable.  We’ve done the same in my family for a very long time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

30 years ago about, I got a gray champion sweet shirt with a large red Bills helmet cross-stitched across the front from my sister-in-law.

I had a million compliments wearing that. Eventually, I got a chicken wing grease stain on it. I still have the helmet. I am hoping my wife will be kind enough to stitch that onto a new sweat-shirt some day.....maybe when she retires?

4 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Not my favorites but some of my more interesting:

*  A piece of Rich Stadium's old astroturf encased in clear thick plastic.

*  A set of official Buffalo Bills teaspoons with the Bills logo proudly visible on each handle.

*  A large Buffalo Bills wall clock.  It's a Bills helmet mounted in a frame with red velvet background.  I've been told it's beyond hideous.

*  A box of Flutie flakes

But my most prestigious gift was an official Buffalo Bills WHAMMY WIENER!

You might go blind playing with your whammy wiener..... be cautious.... :D 

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, CuseBill said:

During the early 90's my then girlfriend gave me a large framed poster which was an abstract painting showing Andre Reed escaping a tackle from a Dolphins' player.  Title of the print was "Andre Reed Squishin' the Fish".  We saw it hanging behind a bar on Abbott before a game and after I admired it, she went back to the bar a few days later (a 3 hour drive) and convinced the bar owner to sell it to her to give to me for Christmas.  Turns out she wasn't a keeper but I still have the framed print!  Love it! No comments please about what she did for the bar owner to sell it to her!

Sounds like there's more to this story than we are going to hear ;)

1 hour ago, CuseBill said:

Cuse buddy, I’ll honor you’re request on the last request for tonight as it’s Xmas, but....

You may get coal in you’re stockings later tonight or tomorrow in you’re stockings as you opened up for it.  Have a Merry Christmas Bud.

Oh, and let the innocent jokes begin tomorrow.

It’s what we do as Bills friends.  I didn’t know I had a good friend until he was busting my chops.  Then I knew in HS, College, or beyond, ok we’re good.

A Bills hat my aunt got for me a few years ago.  Was just totally unexpected.

I remember the Christmas Eve game 2011 vividly as well against Denver and Tebow.  We lost something like 9 games in a row before that one.  It did warm me to see the fans that day in Orchard Park get a nice little surprise as most thought that game was another L.  

Tickets to the 1963 playoff game vs. the Patsies.  We played like crap and lost, but next two years + we were badass.  Our seats were bleacher's and the seats were actually formed by a garbage can pressed into the snow.  Don't think my dad's hips ever recovered from that day.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

My Parents got me tickets to go with my dad to last years WFT @ Bills game as an early Christmas gift, and getting to go see a home game for the first time was one of the best experiences of my life. Can't wait to fly from Oregon next year to enjoy another game with the best fans in the world, merry christmas everyone. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1