“TikTok Boy”’s Last Dance

11 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

I’m still not sure how this guy decided that after the Buffalo game it was a good idea.

Did he not hear through the grapevine that other players were not amused? Someone had to have shown him Josh’s pregame speech... 

I think this is why some people in Pittsburgh gripe about Tomlin... he’s a great leader, good coach, players love him, but he let’s behavioral issues go on too long. (Ex: Brown and Bell)

I don’t completely blame Tomlin, Juju should have had the awareness to cut the crap on his own. 

I think Tomlin has generally done a good job with the erratic players he has had.  You look at AB for example, he went totally bizzark once out of Pittsburgh, and his play has not been as good either.  

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I actually think he is being unfairly targeted/blamed for the Steelers’ woes, and this is blown way out of proportion. He’s a pretty fun-loving, nice guy— gives back to the community, always out and about, etc.

I sort of like that there are some Gen Zer and millennial types in the NFL like him who don’t take things too seriously and help resonate with younger fans. 

I agree this is definitely some of this.  I know someone who lived in the same apartment complex as him, said he was a really nice guy.  He also did this:  Pittsburgh Steelers WR JuJu Smith-Schuster Delivers Meals To Seniors On Thanksgiving – CBS Pittsburgh (cbslocal.com)

He is a fun loving guy, but the logo dancing is just way over the top, IMO.  

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Guess that's what losing 3 straight will do. I could care less if he dances, but to do it on the opposing teams logo is busch league. When you're a professional, it's time to act professional.

JuJu got a reality check:

I suspect the income/notoriety from his TikTok videos was far less than the realization that his post season game checks would dry up. 

10 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Tomlin a few weeks back said he wasn't aware of it.

He's done when Roethlisberger calls it quits.

That’s such a cop out by Tomlin.  Total BS.  Zero chance he didn’t know about it.  He’s only doing something about it now because they’re losing and it looks bad.  He was happy to let it go on as long as no one was making a big deal about it. And now that they’re losing he isn’t getting a pass anymore. 

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I actually think he is being unfairly targeted/blamed for the Steelers’ woes, and this is blown way out of proportion. He’s a pretty fun-loving, nice guy— gives back to the community, always out and about, etc.

I sort of like that there are some Gen Zer and millennial types in the NFL like him who don’t take things too seriously and help resonate with younger fans. 

I agree, the Steelers are losing games because they aren’t very good right now. You didn’t hear a word about this before they started losing. It fits the narrative that his antics are giving the opposition additional motivation. NFL players have millions of reasons to be motivated every time they take the field, I’m sure it does get some guys fired up, but the Steelers have bigger issues than Smith dancing on logos. Many of the people who criticize Smith would be the first who’d love if Josh spit on the Pats logo and threw for 500 yards Monday. That’s because winners make the rules, and everything seems fine when you win. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, jkx2 said:

What is this world coming to , when a man just can't be himself.🙂

ya get treated how you conduct yourself, it’s always been that way, and hopefully always will.

If ya want to get a bit crazy ya do it in private and don’t put a record of it on the net, ya gotta have some common sense when your getting your freak on is what I’m sayin... 😁👍 as we said back when I was in Olongapo city what we did there stayed there.... 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i guess my problem is the NFL is facing a crisis re attracting you’re Gen Z fans, and the one fun guy in the league that is a magnet for those fans is being told to keep quiet. 

There's lots of ways players like him can attract Gen Z fans without being disrespectful to your opponent.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

...if ya want to get a bit crazy ya do it in private and don’t put a record of it on the net, ya gotta have some common sense when your getting your freak on is what I’m sayin... 😁👍 as we said back when I was in Olongapo city what we did there stayed there.... 

Double like for Olongapo ref...

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Most who make it to the NFL are extremely competitive, and probably anyone who has ever played sports at any competitive level can recognize how disrespectful his actions were. I can't believe an NFL player would just be blissfully unaware of how that would be interpreted.

Juju was knowingly having fun mocking his opponents while the Steelers were winning, but now it's come home to roost.

• Like (+1) 2

On 12/23/2020 at 11:33 PM, JGMcD2 said:

I’m still not sure how this guy decided that after the Buffalo game it was a good idea.

Did he not hear through the grapevine that other players were not amused? Someone had to have shown him Josh’s pregame speech... 

I think this is why some people in Pittsburgh gripe about Tomlin... he’s a great leader, good coach, players love him, but he let’s behavioral issues go on too long. (Ex: Brown and Bell)

I don’t completely blame Tomlin, Juju should have had the awareness to cut the crap on his own. 

When he did it before the 11 wins you didn't hear about it.

When they showed him on the Bills logo I thought to myself the Steelers are getting their azzes kicked tonight.

I think the Bills beat them up pretty good they looked like they had nothing left in the tank versus the Bengals

On 12/23/2020 at 11:36 PM, Joe Ferguson said:

He's only stopping it because Tomlin told him to.

He would only have one left to do anyway.

In week 17 vs the Browns although its not much of a logo there is enough bad blood in that rivalry already.

On 12/23/2020 at 11:59 PM, I am the egg man said:

Tomlin a few weeks back said he wasn't aware of it.

He's done when Roethlisberger calls it quits.

I think that happened a few weeks ago ;) 

I like how after one of his worst performances of his career against the Bills he cries like a baby after the game and talks retirement then a few days later he says he will be back for the final year of his contract ;)

Even though he is done now there are $31m reasons to milk one more year

His cap hit is $41m for 2021 the team could save 22m by cutting him or they could quietly ask him to retire.

18 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I think Tomlin has generally done a good job with the erratic players he has had.  You look at AB for example, he went totally bizzark once out of Pittsburgh, and his play has not been as good either.  

I agree this is definitely some of this.  I know someone who lived in the same apartment complex as him, said he was a really nice guy.  He also did this:  Pittsburgh Steelers WR JuJu Smith-Schuster Delivers Meals To Seniors On Thanksgiving – CBS Pittsburgh (cbslocal.com)

He is a fun loving guy, but the logo dancing is just way over the top, IMO.  

He literally could have danced anywhere else on the field and it wouldn't have been perceived as a slight. Sidelines, end zone, with the NFL logo. TO got laid out for dancing on the Dallas logo, and that was after a TD! 

19 hours ago, Limeaid said:

NFL should just codify a rule called "Bad Juju" which penalizes the team in game whether it is done before, during or after game.

I can't Billieve he(Jelly Bean) never seen TO's Cowboy twirl

maxresdefault.jpg

I saw this at the gym yesterday morning.  Thanks for the catch Hap.

God, a nice Christmas present would’ve been to be invisible where Kevin Colbert, Mike Tomlin, and Mr. Rooney call him into the office.  They one by one eviscerate him for despicable behavior that embarrasses the team, the Steelers fans, and opponents telling him it’s terrible and if he want to be traded, do it again.  They should also in a perfect world make him take down those stupid videos and replace it with the demoralizing hit the Bengals placed on him.  

I probably shouldn’t be so snarky on Christmas, but that guys has created some long memories.  Now in a perfect world we get the Steelers in the first round, and You know the rest.

How funny would it be to have Allen pull a Paul Crew.

Then in the second round, we get the Titans and like last year they overused Henry to get there and he has weak legs in our divisional game causing us winning by 30.

Fa La La La La, La La La La.

Now there’s a Happy New Year for ya.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

His little dances are disrespectful, plain and simple, in a league where pride is paramount to some very big guys who are paid very well to be violent and aggressive.  Disrespect = get your head taken off.  Doesn't matter for one second whether he's a nice guy off the field or whatever.  It's not rocket science. 

And though I think very highly of him as a coach, Tomlin should have addressed this way before it got to this point.  That's a lack of leadership from him - plain and simple.  McDermott would not have allowed anything like this for one second.  Then again, the players we have on this great team would probably have squashed it immediately if anyone on this squad tried anything like that nonsense.

21 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Not a fun thing, it is an immature act done when his team is on the field only....if he still wants to do it and post on tik tok then do it right after the game...when every one is on the field and can enjoy the laugh with him.