“TikTok Boy”’s Last Dance

I’m still not sure how this guy decided that after the Buffalo game it was a good idea.

Did he not hear through the grapevine that other players were not amused? Someone had to have shown him Josh’s pregame speech... 

I think this is why some people in Pittsburgh gripe about Tomlin... he’s a great leader, good coach, players love him, but he let’s behavioral issues go on too long. (Ex: Brown and Bell)

I don’t completely blame Tomlin, Juju should have had the awareness to cut the crap on his own. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, JGMcD2 said:

I’m still not sure how this guy decided that after the Buffalo game it was a good idea.

Did he not hear through the grapevine that other players were not amused? Someone had to have shown him Josh’s pregame speech... 

I think this is why some people in Pittsburgh gripe about Tomlin... he’s a great leader, good coach, players love him, but he let’s behavioral issues go on too long. (Ex: Brown and Bell)

I don’t completely blame Tomlin, Juju should have had the awareness to cut the crap on his own. 

After Vonn Bell almost took his life and forced a fumble I think he would have been crazy to keep doing it. Wouldn't have been much longer til he played the wrong team and someone went head hunting.

I actually think he is being unfairly targeted/blamed for the Steelers’ woes, and this is blown way out of proportion. He’s a pretty fun-loving, nice guy— gives back to the community, always out and about, etc.

I sort of like that there are some Gen Zer and millennial types in the NFL like him who don’t take things too seriously and help resonate with younger fans. 

Edited by Miyagi-Do Karate
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I actually think he is being unfairly targeted/blamed for the Steelers’ woes, and this is blown way out of proportion. He’s a pretty fun-loving, nice guy— gives back to the community, always out and about, etc.

I sort of like that there are some Gen Zer and millennial types in the NFL like him who don’t take things too seriously and help resonate with younger fans. 

Clearly the players he opposes (who are also millennials) are taking exception to it and finding additional motivation. That's the reason it is being talked about. Allen was angry about it and it's obvious he had been talking about it with his teammates. And the Bengals were also unhappy about it.

So yeah, it was certainly not as big of a difference in games that people are making it out to be, but still. You don't want to give the opposing team additional motivation unless you are prepared to back it up.

And clearly Juju knows it to be disrespectful. He is dancing on another team's logo. I'm sure he isn't an idiot. He knows what that means. He's probably just fulfilling a dare.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

He's only stopping it because Tomlin told him to.

I was listening to ESPN radio coming into work this morning and they were praising him for agreeing to stop dancing.  I said "he wants a big second contract."

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Nothing wrong with having fun but when you go to another team’s home and do your little tik tok dance, then you better expect the opposing team to use it as additional motivation and to try to knock your head off just like what happened in the last two games.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, MJS said:

Clearly the players he opposes (who are also millennials) are taking exception to it and finding additional motivation. That's the reason it is being talked about. Allen was angry about it and it's obvious he had been talking about it with his teammates. And the Bengals were also unhappy about it.

So yeah, it was certainly not as big of a difference in games that people are making it out to be, but still. You don't want to give the opposing team additional motivation unless you are prepared to back it up.

And clearly Juju knows it to be disrespectful. He is dancing on another team's logo. I'm sure he isn't an idiot. He knows what that means. He's probably just fulfilling a dare.

I think our team (and others) smartly use anything they can for motivation and to amp themselves up.

if you asked how any of them genuinely feel, I doubt they would feel disrespected, or view it as some act of disrespect. 

i guess my problem is the NFL is facing a crisis re attracting you’re Gen Z fans, and the one fun guy in the league that is a magnet for those fans is being told to keep quiet. 

beyond that, I also hate how a genuinely good guy is being viewed as a bad actor. I just read an article today about both him

and Dwayne Haskins (nightclub incident), and basically saying they are both immature. Seems unfair to equate the two. 

39 minutes ago, Doc said:

I was listening to ESPN radio coming into work this morning and they were praising him for agreeing to stop dancing.  I said "he wants a big second contract."

^ Here's the important point. He's out of contract and has been noticeably ineffective since Brown left. Just look at Jets forum. They wanted him 5 weeks ago as a FA receiver, now they want nothing to do with him. 100% this is about perception regarding FA.

Edited by Seoulofstone
  • Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

^ Here's the important point. He's out of contract and has been noticeably ineffective since Brown left. Just look at Jets forum. They wanted him 5 weeks ago as a FA receiver, now they want nothing to do with him. 100% this is about perception regarding FA.

Citing Jets fans as a way to make your point?  Yeah, I’m convinced. 🤣