Diggs has what others don't

Might Rather

12 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Wherever I read it recently I don't recall, but, Diggs is the only player with 1300+ yds from scrimmage not to have lost a fumble.  When he gives up on a play there are multiple defenders involved, he has gotten the key yardage to be gained and by doing so he protects both himself and the ball.  I am totally ok with it.  He is not pulling a Kyle Orton.

Once a WR has a first down, gaining a few extra yards between the 20s is next to useless, and fighting for them is a losing proposition.  Yards are cheap in the NFL.  Possession is expensive.  When WRs fumble, the defense recovers more often than not, so there’s really no reason for them to fight for a yard or two while risking taking a hit and possibly fumbling.  Get to the ground or out of bounds, and live to fight another day.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

I totally agree.  Hopkins leads the league in receiving yards.  Who gives a crap if he gets Wednesdays off to stay fresh.  If anything it seems like a strategy that’s working extremely well.

D Hop is an amazing talent.  Watch the film.  Really a super talent.   Bill O'Brien really screwed the Texans over in so many ways.   

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, Mango said:

Something to think about, Diggs slides more than any WR I have seen in my life. If this team were .500 we would be railroading him out of town for that stuff. 

I like when him and Beazer hit the dirt and slide or just step out of bounds.

Its smart to live and fight another day its not like this offence has to fight and scratch for every yard.

You need to stay healthy you get dinged up enough over 17 games

How many times are they 2nd or 3rd and forever and get a first down?  I don't even fear those situations any more  :)

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Everybody wonders why Diggs didn’t work out in Minnesota and maybe we will never really know but all I know is he has been a total professional here and just wants to win maybe the QB for Minnesota just wasn’t that good

Kirk Cousins......now even pick 22..JJ is going off on him ;) 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ProcessTruster said:

D Hop is an amazing talent.  Watch the film.  Really a super talent.   Bill O'Brien really screwed the Texans over in so many ways.   

Agreed.  We have one of the best WRs in the game today.  So do the Cardinals.  IMO both WRs are in the top 5 of the league today.  I really don’t see the point in arguing about who number one is.  I’m happy we’ve got one of them and that he fits so well here. 

• Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, Might Rather said:

Cards' Hopkins defends practice habits in rant https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30589237/arizona-cardinals-deandre-hopkins-defends-practice-habits-rant
via @ESPN App http://espn.com/app

We got the best WR in the NFL and I'm glad we got the right one last spring.

Diggs definitely isn’t the best WR in the NFL but Diggs is perfect for Allen and Buffalo. That’s what I care about.

25 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Agreed.  We have one of the best WRs in the game today.  So do the Cardinals.  IMO both WRs are in the top 5 of the league today.  I really don’t see the point in arguing about who number one is.  I’m happy we’ve got one of them and that he fits so well here. 

Yes.  Hopkins will be a shoe-in hall of famer and Diggs has taken his first big step toward the same if he sticks with Allen.  

• Like (+1) 1

Diggs has impressed me as a very aware player.  If he sees an opportunity, he exploits it.  If he sees nothing good is ahead, he protects the ball, and helps his team.  What's wrong with that? His skills make everyone else better, e.g. TD passes to 13 different players, including our starting QB.

Edited by BearNorth
  • Like (+1) 1

Shoot.. when I was 23-25 I’d spend an hour and a half to two hours in the gym 4-5 days a week.. Here I am at 33 and now I’ll spend 3-4 days a week in the gym for about 45 minutes to an hour.. Once you reach about 30 years old you start to slow down.. Granted I’m not a pro athlete but I think there is a natural biological effect once you start to get a bit older.. At that point you need to learn how to work out smarter and not harder.. 

11 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Wherever I read it recently I don't recall, but, Diggs is the only player with 1300+ yds from scrimmage not to have lost a fumble.  When he gives up on a play there are multiple defenders involved, he has gotten the key yardage to be gained and by doing so he protects both himself and the ball.  I am totally ok with it.  He is not pulling a Kyle Orton.

Yeah, I'm Ok with it too.

Remember one of our TEs fighting for yards when surrounded and he literally got picked up in the air by four or five Steelers so he couldn't end the play by going down? And they just held him up and had their way with him till he fumbled? Happened five or ten years ago and I still remember it painfully.

Plenty of times going down is smart. It's not as if he's not excellent at YAC. He is. He's great at it.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, I'm Ok with it too.

Remember one of our TEs fighting for yards when surrounded and he literally got picked up in the air by four or five Steelers so he couldn't end the play by going down? And they just held him up and had their way with him till he fumbled? Happened five or ten years ago and I still remember it painfully.

Plenty of times going down is smart. It's not as if he's not excellent at YAC. He is. He's great at it.

David Nelson.  In OT against Ravens. 

20 hours ago, Mango said:

So wait, he gets the vet day off with...wait for it...other vets...and also missed a week of practice with injury. Then leads the league in receiving? 

WTF is going on with AZ sports media? Seems like a giant nothing burger. Maybe it will get some legs. But right now this seems much ado about nothing. 

Something to think about, Diggs slides more than any WR I have seen in my life. If this team were .500 we would be railroading him out of town for that stuff. 

I actually like that he slides, he usually slides when he has 2 or 3 guys looking to lay a big hit on him and nothing to gain. With the rules the way they are in the NFL giving the advantage to offense, I would rather have him healthy for the long haul. I have really only see him slide like 5 or 6 times this years and they all seemed like the smart move. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Shoot.. when I was 23-25 I’d spend an hour and a half to two hours in the gym 4-5 days a week.. Here I am at 33 and now I’ll spend 3-4 days a week in the gym for about 45 minutes to an hour.. Once you reach about 30 years old you start to slow down.. Granted I’m not a pro athlete but I think there is a natural biological effect once you start to get a bit older.. At that point you need to learn how to work out smarter and not harder.. 

wait until your in your 40’s and you chest day takes 4 days to recover from. Unless you are trying to become a pro athlete I would recommend more reps and light weigh.  Less joint pain when you get older

• Awesome! (+1) 1