Performed quick upgrade tonight

SDS

Great job Scott.  Thanks again for all that you do

I still have one problem that has carried over from the last UI.

From my iPhone, when I quote someone and backspace to far to the point where the cursor goes into the quoted portion, the cursor is stuck in quoted area, no matter how I try and move it out and into the area that I’m trying to type.  The only way to continue the post is to refresh the page, click reply and then “clear editor” and start over. 

not that big of a deal, but annoying nonetheless.  

Just now, NewEra said:

Great job Scott.  Thanks again for all that you do

I still have one problem that has carried over from the last UI.

From my iPhone, when I quote someone and backspace to far to the point where the cursor goes into the quoted portion, the cursor is stuck in quoted area, no matter how I try and move it out and into the area that I’m trying to type.  The only way to continue the post is to refresh the page, click reply and then “clear editor” and start over. 

not that big of a deal, but annoying nonetheless.  

I know. I have the same issue. I don’t think there’s a way around it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I was really excited to see that you can add photos from your phone now....until I realized that not one of my 46377484929 photos are the right size 😢

3 minutes ago, SDS said:

I know. I have the same issue. I don’t think there’s a way around it.

👍🏻Glad it’s not just my thumbs being too fat

13 hours ago, SDS said:

I'll need more info on exactly how to reproduce it. I'm guessing this would have been discovered long ago (I've waited months for this upgrade).

Easiest way to replicate it is to click on any 2 page thread you haven't already clicked on, but only look at the first page of that thread. If you go back to the main forum page, the thread will show as read in full even if you never clicked on page 2. Before the update if you clicked the "last unread post" icon it would take you to the top of page 2. If there's a 3rd page, clicking that icon will now take you to the top of page 3 instead of the top of page 2.

In fact if appears to do the same thing with any even numbered page. I clicked on a 7 page thread I hadn't clicked on before and went through to page 3. I exited the thread. When I clicked the "last unread post" icon it took me to the first post on page 5, so page 4 was skipped entirely. It's like the software is marking 2 pages read at a time.

Let me know if any of that makes sense...

Edited by HappyDays

8 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

What/where is footer? I don’t like half screen view with a huge info margin adjacent. 

How’d you get that? What does it mean?

Sorry Chandler on the late reply.

Rough night for me...revenge of the oysters on the half shell.

🤑

Looks like some other folks stepped up with more detail.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I was really excited to see that you can add photos from your phone now....until I realized that not one of my 46377484929 photos are the right size 😢

👍🏻Glad it’s not just my thumbs being too fat

You could always add photos from your phone, but still had to bring them under site limit.

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

You could always add photos from your phone, but still had to bring them under site limit.

My bad. I do remember that.  Must’ve just been out of mind as I knew I couldn’t post them

7 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah... Just easier now.  I like the new set up!!! Compress the photos automatically or get a free compression app.  Usually taking down a normal pic to 20% does it.

Nice.  I’m in pic posting business!

Say hello to Fred Jackson.  He’s mean!

40CDF61F-2A81-48E5-9CD3-17A3954D4FF9.jpeg

• Awesome! (+1) 2

• SDS unpinned this topic

Like both themes, will stick to the dark side for a little while, and see how I get on with it.

One thing that has been 'miraculously' fixed, is that I no longer get 'You are Banned' coming up when trying to access the forums from my phone, when I'm just using my isp, and not wifi.

First impressions of most of the other things already referenced, are very positive, the forums feel mighty slick. ;)

Many thanks SDS, great job.