Diggs first team all-pro chances?

4 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

None. But there is precedent for not always awarding high TD totals. And we came very close in 2016.

2016 Julio Jones won the award with 83 receptions, 1409 yards and 6TDs over Jordy Nelson who had 97 receptions, 1257 yards and 14 TD's

2010 Roddy White won the award with 111 reception, 1355 yards and 6TDs over Dwayne Bowe who had 72 receptions 1162 yards and 15 TD's

Also of note, no WR in NFL history has ever not won the award when tallying at least 120 receptions and 1400 yards. 10 for 10

Stathead: 1400 yards and 120+receptions

WR's in NFL history have won the award 9 out of 14 times when totaling 15+TDs, 85+ receptions and 1200+ yards

Stathead: 1200+ yards, 15+ TDs and 85+ receptions

Julio Jones....HoF vs Jordy.  

roddy white vs Dwayne Bowe.  

in both cases, the superior player was named. Stats aren’t always everything, especially when a perennial all pro is involved. Diggs has never even made the pro bowl before.  Adams, hopkins and hill were the top WRs going into the season along with Michael Thomas.

Just now, NewEra said:

Julio Jones....HoF vs Jordy.  

roddy white vs Dwayne Bowe.  

in both cases, the superior player was named. Stats aren’t always everything, especially when a perennial all pro is involved. Diggs has never even made the pro bowl before.  Adams, hopkins and hill were the top WRs going into the season along with Michael Thomas.

True. But every player has a starting point somewhere. This could be the beginning of a HOF career for Diggs. 

It's certainly a 'something has to give' year. Diggs will either be the first player ever to put up his numbers and not be named all-pro or either Adams or Hill will be the first to put up their numbers and be beat out by a guy with less than half as many TD's.

As others have mentioned in this thread I would not discount Diggs storyline which has seemed to dominate the sports media world more so than Hills. 

Then again maybe they will throw us a curve ball and do something dumb and give the nod to Metcalf. He was certainly the flavor of the month earlier in the season.

I think what you have to remember is some of the guys voting for this are people who even at the start of this season were Josh Allen sceptics. In a lot of their minds Diggs is a big reason for Josh's jump. That plays in Stef's favour. They are not wrong that he has been a big reason but they will probably overvalue how much.

13 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

That’s a good point. Cause you know he’s gonna have Gilmore on him 90% of the snaps...

Can’t tell if you’re being facetious or not because Gilmore is out. 

13 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

That’s a good point. Cause you know he’s gonna have Gilmore on him 90% of the snaps...

Can’t tell if you’re being facetious or not because Gilmore is out. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

I don't think it matters that much.  Josh spreads the ball around in the red zone and runs it in himself. 

you don’t think that a differential of TEN TDs doesn’t matter that much? Literally tripling his TD output.

hopefully you’re right.  I’d love to see Diggs get 1st team.  I just don’t see how one could vote for him over guys with three times as many TDs.  One of which, who played in 2 less games and is averaging more ypg.  

45 minutes ago, NewEra said:

you don’t think that a differential of TEN TDs doesn’t matter that much? Literally tripling his TD output.

hopefully you’re right.  I’d love to see Diggs get 1st team.  I just don’t see how one could vote for him over guys with three times as many TDs.  One of which, who played in 2 less games and is averaging more ypg.  

It might matter in terms of who get first team All Pro.  I don't think our offensive is better is Diggs is replaced with a different WR.  

22 minutes ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

It might matter in terms of who get first team All Pro.  I don't think our offensive is better is Diggs is replaced with a different WR.  

Well.....that’s what this conversation is about.  1st team all pro

I agree, I’d rather have Diggs over Hill and Adams.  He’s everything that we need.

Edited by NewEra

Just now, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I'd say Digg is a lock now for one of the two spots. Adams will get the other. 

Diggs

120 receptions (leads league) 

1,459 yards (leads league)

8 TD's

His only real competition is Tyreek Hill

Hill

87 receptions

1,276 yards

15 TD's

His TD's tonight really helped his chances. Good for him!

Just now, MJS said:

His TD's tonight really helped his chances. Good for him!

For sure. I think it was 55/45 Diggs over Hill before tonight's big game and the 3 TD's just because Diggs has such a good storyline to go along with the receptions and yards. But having a huge game this late in the season and now having a more respectable 8 TD's should push it closer to 80/20. 

On 12/23/2020 at 12:09 PM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

True. But every player has a starting point somewhere. This could be the beginning of a HOF career for Diggs. 

It's certainly a 'something has to give' year. Diggs will either be the first player ever to put up his numbers and not be named all-pro or either Adams or Hill will be the first to put up their numbers and be beat out by a guy with less than half as many TD's.

As others have mentioned in this thread I would not discount Diggs storyline which has seemed to dominate the sports media world more so than Hills. 

Then again maybe they will throw us a curve ball and do something dumb and give the nod to Metcalf. He was certainly the flavor of the month earlier in the season.

Metcalf has 1 TD in the last 5 games.