Potential for fans in the playoffs....

This will be the 4th time we've tried to have a thread like this; in every other instance it ended up closed because certain posters had to go political or people had to start telling us about their COVID theories, etc. This will be the last try at it because I'm tired of babysitting, cleaning up, and dishing out suspensions so the onus is on you folks. I hope the 5th time's a charm.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

Lets say they allow 10,000 people in. How do they decide who gets tickets. I am assuming season ticket holders with the most seniority. 

If you kept money already paid for season tickets in your account for next year instead of taking the refund you get “first crack” I believe. Depending on how many did that and how many would be allowed, I’d guess it would go on seniority from there. 

Just now, Greg S said:

Lets say they allow 10,000 people in. How do they decide who gets tickets. I am assuming season ticket holders with the most seniority. 

I’m wondering if resale will be allowed.

My uncle has been a STH since ‘82, but I’m almost positive he won’t have an extra (my cousin will want to go with him).  I’d pay a tidy sum to get into the stadium for this one.

On WGR the other day they were talking about the no fans situation and I think it was Sal Capaccio who downplayed it saying basically “oh the Bills are going to be good for a while, the stadium will be hopping next season”.  I had to cringe at that for a couple reasons, one being that if this year has taught us anything, it’s that the future is never guaranteed.  Plus another reason which I won’t get into here.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I’m wondering if resale will be allowed.

My uncle has been a STH since ‘82, but I’m almost positive he won’t have an extra (my cousin will want to go with him).  I’d pay a tidy sum to get into the stadium for this one.

On WGR the other day they were talking about the no fans situation and I think it was Sal Capaccio who downplayed it saying basically “oh the Bills are going to be good for a while, the stadium will be hopping next season”.  I had to cringe at that for a couple reasons, one being that if this year has taught us anything, it’s that the future is never guaranteed.  Plus another reason which I won’t get into here.

A few years back didn't the Bills have 60,000 season ticket holders and they capped it off there so they could sell the rest as individual tickets. I would imagine the Bills will probably have the same demand next year. They are going to be a hot ticket especially if they go on a playoff run.

• Like (+1) 1

I think it's going to happen, since the governor keeps talking about it. Otherwise he would have shut talk of it down right away. Why get people's hopes up otherwise? 

Biggest question mark is what the numbers look like by then. 

I would think being outside in January people are going to be all bundled up so it should be fairly safe. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

1 hour ago, Simon said:

This will be the 4th time we've tried to have a thread like this; in every other instance it ended up closed because certain posters had to go political or people had to start telling us about their COVID theories, etc. This will be the last try at it because I'm tired of babysitting, cleaning up, and dishing out suspensions so the onus is on you folks. I hope the 5th time's a charm.

I will put the over/under post count on this thread before it is closed at 30.

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I think it's going to happen, since the governor keeps talking about it. Otherwise he would have shut talk of it down right away. Why get people's hopes up otherwise? 

Biggest question mark is what the numbers look like by then. 

It's not about getting people's hopes up. It's about dangling the same carrot he has been dangling since May to try to get through to WNYers and get them to take the personal responsibility for bringing numbers down in the area. If WNYers get the numbers down, they can go to the Bills games. Pretty simple. It hasnt worked yet tho, and doesnt look like it will, unfortunately.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Hopefully the airport visit didn't hurt things. Opposing teams won't have a chance if fans are in the building 

10k Bills fans (just for the sake of argument) is a far cry from 73k, even if they’re all screaming at the top of their lungs during our opponent’s drives... however, it would be a nice boost to an already motivated team I think.  Not to mention the psychological benefits to people who live in WNY

• Like (+1) 1