So you're saying there's a chance!!! Number 1 seed possibility

Two weeks ago this looked like a possibility. But Pitt needed to beat the Bengals. Pittsburgh just hopes they don't lose out at this point. They have two tough games left. Browns may actually take the division. Anyone know if it is possible the Steelers could slip to the 7th seed? I think Ravens would have to not ,make it in that scenario which means Bills would have to lose week 17 to the Dolphins. But what are the tie breakers with Miami and Pitt? And could we have the #2 seed locked up before the Miami game? That would require the Titans to lose this week to the Packers I think?

39 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

Yeah, I can't tell which is more unlikely, Kansas City losing twice or Pittsburgh winning once.

Pittsburgh for sure.

20 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Two weeks ago this looked like a possibility. But Pitt needed to beat the Bengals. Pittsburgh just hopes they don't lose out at this point. They have two tough games left. Browns may actually take the division. Anyone know if it is possible the Steelers could slip to the 7th seed? I think Ravens would have to not ,make it in that scenario which means Bills would have to lose week 17 to the Dolphins. But what are the tie breakers with Miami and Pitt? And could we have the #2 seed locked up before the Miami game? That would require the Titans to lose this week to the Packers I think?

Pittsburgh for sure.

Just us beating NE and Pitt losing to Indi.  If this happens then #2 seed is locked and Miami game is meaningless.  Doesn't matter what the other teams do. 

7 minutes ago, BillsFanThru-N-Thru said:

Just us beating NE and Pitt losing to Indi.  If this happens then #2 seed is locked and Miami game is meaningless.  Doesn't matter what the other teams do. 

Found a scenario where if the Browns lose to the Jets (unlikely but who knows) then the TItans could get the #2 seed even if we beat the Patriots and Pitt loses to Indy.  Basically Bills have to be in a three way tie if the Titans have the same record as the Bills. So we beat Titans on non-head to head tie breakers.

Could be more scenarios too but that's the only one I have seen so far.

I know Dolphins fans are praying that we have our seed locked up going into week 17. But I don't like the idea of gifting Miami a win and giving them even an ounce of confidence that they can hand with us in January in Buffalo. Especially don't like giving them any confidence when we will be playing them the following week.

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Hasnt the past few days taught you there is no such thing as a lock in the NFL.  The Jets beat the Rams and the Bengals beat the Steelers.

The only sure lock was the Bills creaming the Broncos.

AS of now, if BUF was to win last two, PIT win last two, and KC lose last two....

they  are tied at 13-3

tied with conf record of 10-2

strrgth of victory is the tie breaker.

Strength of victory is equivalent to number of opponents wins.  As of right now my calculations have them all tied at 84 based on buf and pit beating final 2 and kc losing to final 2.

next week buffalo roots for

jets beat cle

miami beat raiders

SF beats az

pitt wins

chargers over broncos

in week 17 since it’s all divisional games it’s hard to gain ground that week.

BUF sweeper both NE and jets so there is a fixed 2 that theirs would increase no matter the results.

thus week giants play baltimore. Pittsburgh beat both. There is a small advantage if baltimore wins.

2 hours ago, BillsFanThru-N-Thru said:

While KC has the number 1 seed virtually locked, there is one scenario where the Bills can still get the number seed which involves the Bills, KC and Pitt all finishing 13-3.  It would have to happen as follows:

1.)  Bills would need these NFC South to lose in week 17 
        New Orleans vs Minnesota, Tampa Bay vs Detroit, Carolina vs Washington
2.)  Tennessee Titans to beat the Green Bay Packers and Houston Texans
3.)  Baltimore Ravens lose both of their remaining games
4.)  Indianapolis Colts lose Pittsburg
5.)  Arizona Cardinals lose both of their remaining two games
6.)  Atlanta Falcons beat the KC Chiefs and Tampa Bay Buccaneers
7.)  Miami Dolphins beating the Las Vegas Raiders
8.)  Cincinnati Bengals beating Houston Texans
9.)  NY Jets beating the Cleveland Browns
10.) LA Chargers beating the Denver Broncos and KC Chiefs

Have you put in a parlay bet with a Vegas book yet?....if this all happens a $100.00 bet could make you very wealthy ;) 

9 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Mahomes has lost a total of 9 games as a starter and you're expecting him to lose 2 in a row. You can pretty much close this thread. 

I don’t know the OP but I happen to know that he does not expect him to lose 2 in a row. 

While KC has the number 1 seed virtually locked, there is one scenario where the Bills can still get the number seed which involves the Bills, KC and Pitt all finishing 13-3.  It would have to happen as follows:

Last night the announcers projected that this had a 0.1% chance of happening. After reading this, that may be optimistic.

Oh, is that it?