If titans colts browns dolphins and ravens all finish 11-5

Hebert19

Who gets in?   Who owns tiebreaker there.  

It's very possible.  Titans and colts could lose this weekend.  

Ravens will win out imo.  

Phins could win out if we let them.  

Browns could split. 

So if all are 11-5.  Who gets in and who do we play.   We know Miami wins tiebreaker with ravens but if all are tied who does...will come down to other variables???

• Like (+1) 1

It might depend on WHO the losses are to for the Titans and Colts.

1 minute ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

What if every team finished 8-8?  Is it even possible?  Who would get in the playoffs... would there even be a playoffs??  What if a dog bred with a horse- would it be faster than a frightened monkey?  C'mon TBD.  Don't let me down

I am sure it must be possible...it would follow the normal tiebeaker rules...those likely all wouldn't be equivalent. And even if they were the final tiebreaker is a coin flip...so I guess lady luck would have a big hand.

Below is wild card procedure for  first wild card team when 3 or more clubs are tied. Since procedure is repeated to determine the second wild team once first is determined, it probably is repeated again to determine wild card team #3 once 1&2 have been determined.

From: https://www.nfl.com/standings/tie-breaking-procedures

"Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.

Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.

Strength of victory.

Strength of schedule.

Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

Best net points in conference games.

Best net points in all games.

Best net touchdowns in all games.

Coin toss

When the first Wild-Card team has been identified, the procedure is repeated to name the second Wild-Card, i.e., eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. In situations where three or more teams from the same division are involved in the procedure, the original seeding of the teams remains the same for subsequent applications of the tie breaker if the top-ranked team in that division qualifies for a Wild-Card berth."

You have to sort division first...

in a tie TEN is ahead of IND by division record right now. IF TEN does WL and TEN dies LW and tied at 11-5 and same division record, same common game, same conference record so it goes to strength of victory to sort. They both go 4-0 against NFC so can just look at AFC...the. y split with each other. Beat JAX andHOU once.

TEN  JAX BAL BUF DEN

IND  HOU  CIN   NYJ LV

TEN looks to win division in a tie.

BAL swept CLE so they are in 2nd

MIA-BAL-IND. Miami is in at 5 by better conference, thrn BAL in by beating ind then CLE in by beating IND.

My biggest concern is the Titans, admittedly the pre game was a mess, but they beat the crap out of us, but no Milano, and impaired Edmunds, but Henry in Buffalo in cold weather reminds me of Cookie Gilchrist. Big bad RB with mad skills.

BTW I lived through the Music City Miracle in 1999, in a skybox no less.

Edited by BearNorth

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

Who gets in?   Who owns tiebreaker there.  

It's very possible.  Titans and colts could lose this weekend.  

Ravens will win out imo.  

Phins could win out if we let them.  

Browns could split. 

So if all are 11-5.  Who gets in and who do we play.   We know Miami wins tiebreaker with ravens but if all are tied who does...will come down to other variables???

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

With just running that scenario and NOTHING else.

KC 1 seed

Pitt 2 Seed

Bills 3 Seed

Ten 4 Seed

Indy 5th

Miami 6th

Ravens 7th

Edited by MAJBobby

3 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

My biggest concern is the Titans, admittedly the pre game was a mess, but they beat the crap out of us, but no Milano, and impaired Edmunds, but Henry in Buffalo in cold weather reminds me of Cookie Gilchrist. Big bad RB with mad skills.

I'm with you on this ... my exact thoughts.  I think Henry would give Bills a fit.  I do think we have gotten better and are building steam which is a good sign heading into playoffs.  I feel the offense is better than that first game ... but man, they did beat us up that Sunday!  Tannehill is good (he ripped us that day, nearly perfect) and Vrabel is a great head coach IMO.  Would be a battle!

1 hour ago, BearNorth said:

I disagree.....

dont forget

1. There was uncertainty on evrn playing so Buffalo had to double plan around either TEN or dtill pkay KC on thursday

2. buffalo had injuries

3. the game came down to 3 buffalo turnovers that gave TEN drive starts inside buffalo 25 which led to TDs. You remove those, that takes 21 pts away. On one drive buffalo was in FG range so the game coukd have bern 21-20 TEN in 4th.

4.  Ten defense has bern exposed.  I have no problem getting into a high scoring gamewith them.

2 hours ago, BearNorth said:

Josh Allen also played the Titans right after the Raiders game and was using a shoulder harness which was impacting him.

Music City Miracle ----->   Illegal Forward Pass 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

What if every team finished 8-8?  Is it even possible?  Who would get in the playoffs... would there even be a playoffs??  What if a dog bred with a horse- would it be faster than a frightened monkey?  C'mon TBD.  Don't let me down

I love stuff like this :lol::lol:

2 hours ago, ganesh said:

Josh Allen also played the Titans right after the Raiders game and was using a shoulder harness which was impacting him.

Music City Miracle ----->   Illegal Forward Pass 

People forget that. It wasn’t mentioned outside of this forum.That 3 game stretch was tough at best.

This isn’t the same team anymore. This team is much better right now.

The defense is coming into form, it’s perfect timing.  

There will be no allowing KC or any team to run it down our throats this time. If KC makes it that far.