Bills take over #2 seed with Pittsburgh loss

Yav

Right now looks like the Browns win out (Jets and Steelers to finish 12-4, Steelers lose out to Colts and Browns to finish 11-5 and Baltimore wins out (Giants and Bengals) and finish tied with the Steelers at 11-5. Not sure who gets the higher seed between Steelers and Ravens if that were to play out?

5 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

we control the second seed with our play. It’s ours to lose. We don’t need help to get it from here on out. 

That is unquestionably true.

Just now, TFBillsfan said:

Right now looks like the Browns win out (Jets and Steelers to finish 12-4, Steelers lose out to Colts and Browns to finish 11-5 and Baltimore wins out (Giants and Bengals) and finish tied with the Steelers at 11-5. Not sure who gets the higher seed between Steelers and Ravens if that were to play out?

Steelers beat Ravens twice I believe.

1 minute ago, TFBillsfan said:

Stillers swept the Blackbirds this year.

16 minutes ago, Casey D said:

It's no different than being ahead in a horse race 100 yards from the wire with horses surrounding you.  Talk to me when we hit the wire, especially with the "what if's" about not getting a bye.  Nothing sadder than "what if's"  especially when you don't know if you have anything to regret.

So if you are pooping but the poop hasn't dropped in the toilet yet then did you really poop? Same logic right?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, Casey D said:

Well that's tautological.  Having the second seed after week 15 does not make you the second seed however.  There are two games to play.

Dang dude.....I had to google that word!  Too early in the am to learn big new words!!!  Agree with your statement to a degree however I will pontificate that the Bills win out and do indeed remain in the number 2 slot.

Go BILLS!!!!

1 minute ago, eball said:

Stillers swept the Blackbirds this year.

In that case if things hold, would this be accurate? Dolphins will need to win out to get the 7 seed and they play the Raiders this weekend. 

Chiefs

Bills

Cleveland

Titans

Indy

Steelers

Dolphins/Ravens

11 minutes ago, Casey D said:

Fair enough, poor choice of words.  I guess my real point was that we are currently the #2 seed and people are complaining we don't get a bye.  I'm so happy about this team, it just seems small to be whining about a bye or the lack thereof.  Maybe it's just my fatigue with certain politicians who whine a lot.

I highly doubt this based on your odd choice to start bashing people today lol.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Nelius said:

Pittsburgh is bad. Any chance they can continue to drop and we see them in the playoffs? Give me stiff bloated Big Ben over Baker, Lamar, Colts defense.

Pittsburgh is reeling. I don't think they scare anyone.

I haven't looked at all the scenarios, but right now the thing that concerns me most is bad weather. The Bills passing game looks unstoppable by any defense right now, but bad weather can be the great equalizer. I think I'd actually prefer playing the Colts in the Indy dome right now.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Nelius said:

Pittsburgh is bad. Any chance they can continue to drop and we see them in the playoffs? Give me stiff bloated Big Ben over Baker, Lamar, Colts defense.

Right now, I expect them to lose the division to Cleveland.  The way the Colts and Browns are playing, in contrast to how the Steelers are playing, would mean that the Steelers lose out and Browns win out and take the division.  As for us playing Pittsburgh?  Assuming we lose to the Dolphins (and given this scenario, I expect us to have the 2 seed wrapped up), then we would play the 7 seed.  Dolphins, Steelers, and Ravens would be tied for the 6th spot.  Steelers and Dolphins would have identical conference records...and better than the Ravens...so not sure how it shakes out at that point.  Steelers would be in and I think Dolphins would be in...but who gets the 6th and who the 7th?  Not sure.

36 minutes ago, Halloween Land said:

So if you are pooping but the poop hasn't dropped in the toilet yet then did you really poop? Same logic right?

Your analogy while interesting is not really apt.  There is an inevitability in your scenario that does not exist in the horse racing situation, or the Bills seeding situation.  But you did make me laugh!

34 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I highly doubt this based on your odd choice to start bashing people today lol.

Really was not trying to "bash" anyone.  But people whining is a pet peeve, so perhaps you could see it that way.

9 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

what seed are we?  

I assume that is a rhetorical question.

People who use unnecessarily big words on a message board are my pet peeve. It's a community discussion board, the goal being to foster discussion within the community. Choosing to use words such as tautological is inherently a choice of exclusion and contrary to the purpose of the board. One could presume that you're on this board seeking some sort of validation that you are smarter than everyone else. The problem is, while successfully using a few big words and successfully showing off you vocabulary, you also made a point that was logically absurd. You have essentially put a bow tie on a turd. Congrats. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

People who use unnecessarily big words on a message board are my pet peeve. It's a community discussion board, the goal being to foster discussion within the community. Choosing to use words such as tautological is inherently a choice of exclusion and contrary to the purpose of the board. One could presume that you're on this board seeking some sort of validation that you are smarter than everyone else. The problem is, while successfully using a few big words and successfully showing off you vocabulary, you also made a point that was logically absurd. You have essentially put a bow tie on a turd. Congrats. 

My bad then.  Where in Maryland are you.  Live there too.

3 hours ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

just saw that the bengals had beat the steelers and was surprised.

seems the stars are lining up for the buffalo bills here in 2020.

You should have watched. I think you would have been stunned at how badly Pittsburgh played and how disinterested Ben looked. Three Steelers turnovers but could easily had been 6.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Casey D said:

Your analogy while interesting is not really apt.  There is an inevitability in your scenario that does not exist in the horse racing situation, or the Bills seeding situation.  But you did make me laugh!

Really was not trying to "bash" anyone.  But people whining is a pet peeve, so perhaps you could see it that way.

I assume that is a rhetorical question.

What’s seed are we in? 

Having the 2nd seed could mean at least 2 home games and a possible AFC Championship game in Buff if KC is taken out in the divisional round. 

Cuomo needs to open the gates for some of the Bills mafia.

Edited by Looper
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Pittsburgh is reeling. I don't think they scare anyone.

I haven't looked at all the scenarios, but right now the thing that concerns me most is bad weather. The Bills passing game looks unstoppable by any defense right now, but bad weather can be the great equalizer. I think I'd actually prefer playing the Colts in the Indy dome right now.

Pittsburgh scares themselves! 😉