Week 17 maybe see Fromm???

ILBillsfan

7 hours ago, ILBillsfan said:

First of all not a big fan of resting starters but it will definitely be an option should the two seed be wrapped up and f so then then maybe the Bills put Barkley as inactive and have Fromm active for the last game of the year. Get a chance to get some live in game action and a chance to see where he is at.

No, he is the COViD QB. No contact with the team unless absolutely necessary.

In this hypothetical wouldn't we quarantine Allen and let him have the week preparing for our potential playoff opponents and go with Barkley-Fromm.

In a game with no seeding implications, having Allen active to either be forced into the game because of injury to Barkley/Fromm and/or potentially exposed to COVID seems like a bad idea.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

They would never start Fromm as if he had a positive COVID test, post game, we just lost our emergency QB in the playoffs.  McD is much smarter than making that decision.

Fromm isnt winning a playoff game dude, the poor guy hasnt had a single live rep as a pro, and hasnt even run our starting offense in practice.

I guess he could have a longshot if we were home with crowd noise helping our defense and we win a super low scoring game, but vs a playoff team in a quiet stadium it would be ugly.

I agree with the earlier poster, give Barkley the work to knock the rust off in case he needs to fill in.  This year for Fromm is just a redshirt type classroom season.

1 minute ago, Da webster guy said:

Fromm isnt winning a playoff game dude, the poor guy hasnt had a single live rep as a pro, and hasnt even run our starting offense in practice.

I guess he could have a longshot if we were home with crowd noise helping our defense and we win a super low scoring game, but vs a playoff team in a quiet stadium it would be ugly.

I agree with the earlier poster, give Barkley the work to knock the rust off in case he needs to fill in.  This year for Fromm is just a redshirt type classroom season.

Fromm sounds perfect.

We may want to lose the Week17 game to ensure a Play Off game against Miami.  And eliminate the Ravens (even if they win out) in the process

Fromm is essentially on ice for the season. Ironically, by maintaining an emergency QB all season, the team has also guaranteed that should they need Fromm to play he won't be any good. They basically chose to forego a year of development for Fromm in exchange for guaranteeing they will not have to play an emergency QB due to covid. 

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ILBillsfan said:

First of all not a big fan of resting starters but it will definitely be an option should the two seed be wrapped up and f so then then maybe the Bills put Barkley as inactive and have Fromm active for the last game of the year. Get a chance to get some live in game action and a chance to see where he is at.

That would be inconsistent with the Bills plan of having Fromm be an isolation QB.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ILBillsfan said:

Sure Start him IF you have the 2 seed locked up.

Make Allen inactive, and Barkley and Fromm are your QBs for that week

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Sure Start him IF you have the 2 seed locked up.

Make Allen inactive, and Barkley and Fromm are your QBs for that week

This is the only play that makes sense. Barkley/Fromm active Week 17 -- Josh Allen in a bubble safe from COVID/injury. TBH getting Fromm his first NFL reps, along with letting Barkley shake the rust off would be good just in case disaster strikes in the playoffs.

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBobs said:

This is the only play that makes sense. Barkley/Fromm active Week 17 -- Josh Allen in a bubble safe from COVID/injury. TBH getting Fromm his first NFL reps, along with letting Barkley shake the rust off would be good just in case disaster strikes in the playoffs.

Yep Put Allen in the COVID Bubble, and go with Fromm and Barkley, is the route I would go.

However I think McD will use week 17 like PS week 3.  Starters get a half, and then start getting pulled, I think they will get Josh Reps to keep him ready for playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ILBillsfan said:

Why would you not swap them and make Barkley the quarantined emergency QB for the week of a game that has no meaning?

At some point the Bills need to make a decision, who would you rather see play if Allen gets COVID for playoffs?  If it is Barkley, they need to separate him from team 2 weeks from the first playoff game.  I personally think they should.  I think Fromm should be the 2nd string and Barkley goes into quarantine after the NE game.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, ILBillsfan said:

I think it is a good idea, that assumes a loss  wont screw up our playoff seating.

I would love to see if Fromm has anything.

• Like (+1) 1