Is this the greatest Bills weekend in last 25 years?

Rigotz

-Bills win the division.

-#2 seed loses, making Bills the new #2 seed.

-Patriots eliminated from playoffs.

-Jets spoil their chances for a (likely) generational talent at QB.

-Bills team looks incredible in a convincing win.

-QB looks like an all-pro.

-QB, WR, CB, LB, KR all named to pro bowl.

Breaking the drought was a great day... but this has me on another level. This feels like the dawn after a long, long night. LETS GO!!!

Edited by Rigotz
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 6

I’m just gonna say this now.  I don’t want to be the 2 seed this first year it doesn’t get a bye week, and then we lose at home to the Ravens.  Say what you want, but they are finding their groove and getting dangerous.  

I’ve been wondering what that kick in the junk moment to bring all this down would be....

That would be it.  

I’m officially pulling for the Colts to beat the Steelers and Dolphins to beat the Raiders.  Then we can rest our starters in week 17, to host the Dolphins in the playoffs  

• Like (+1) 4

The 2nd seed puts the Bills in a very precarious position.  They likely need to win out to keep that position.  That means defeating Miami in Week 17, allowing Baltimore to sneak in and take the 7th spot.

So by grabbing the 2 seed and beating Miami, you can argue the Bills set themselves up with a tougher opponent than they would have playing the #6 seed in the 3rd seed.

But if Indy beats Pittsburgh and the Bills beat NE, then the Bills are locked into the #2 seed in week 16.

They can rest starters, let Miami grab #7, and play them again the next week at home 

1 minute ago, JohnNord said:

The 2nd seed puts the Bills in a very precarious position.  They likely need to win out to keep that position.  That means defeating Miami in Week 17, allowing Baltimore to sneak in and take the 7th spot.

So by grabbing the 2 seed and beating Miami, you can argue the Bills set themselves up with a tougher opponent than they would have playing the #6 seed in the 3rd seed.

But if Indy beats Pittsburgh and the Bills beat NE, then the Bills are locked into the #2 seed in week 16.

They can rest starters, let Miami grab #7, and play them again the next week at home 

You need the Titans to lose also, who play the Packers. 

I’m right there with you.  I want nothing to do with the Ravens 

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I’m just gonna say this now.  I don’t want to be the 2 seed this first year it doesn’t get a bye week, and then we lose at home to the Ravens.  Say what you want, but they are finding their groove and getting dangerous.  

I’ve been wondering what that kick in the junk moment to bring all this down would be....

That would be it.  

I’m officially pulling for the Colts to beat the Steelers and Dolphins to beat the Raiders.  Then we can rest our starters in week 17, to host the Dolphins in the playoffs  

Yep but the only thing is whoever the Bills play will not be easy.  Baltimore, Cleveland, Tennessee, Indy are all tough opponents.  Even Miami’s defense could get a few turnovers to win.  So while Baltimore looks tough, so does just about every matchup in the AFC.

Also I can’t see Pittsburgh losing 4 in a row..::but we’ll see

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

-Bills win the division.

-#2 seed loses, making Bills the new #2 seed.

-Patriots eliminated from playoffs.

-Jets spoil their chances for a (likely) generational talent at QB.

-Bills team looks incredible in a convincing win.

-QB looks like an all-pro.

-QB, WR, CB, LB, KR all named to pro bowl.

Breaking the drought was a great day... but this has me on another level. This feels like the dawn after a long, long night. LETS GO!!!

* QB IS an all-pro

Fixed it for ya

Just now, Virgil said:

You need the Titans to lose also, who play the Packers. 

I’m right there with you.  I want nothing to do with the Ravens 

No that isn’t true in most cases.

You only need the Titans to lose if the Jets defeat the Browns next week.

Cleveland plays Pittsburgh in Week 17, and with a loss to Indy, both will be 11-4.  Division winner will finish 12-4.

That means with a win at NE, the worst Buffalo could finish is 12-4.  The best Tennessee and Cleveland/Pittsburgh will finish is 12-4.  

Bills win a 3 way tiebreaker over any of those teams.  

If Bills handle their business in Foxboro

Indy beats Pittsburgh 

Cleveland beats the Jets

Bills are locked in at #2 in week 16

20 minutes ago, Virgil said:

That would be it.  

Honestly though, why worry about this?  We'll likely need to beat the Titans and Chiefs anyway on the path to the SB and they're both better than the Ravens this year.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Honestly though, why worry about this?  We'll likely need to beat the Titans and Chiefs anyway on the path to the SB and they're both better than the Ravens this year.

I’m more concerned about playing the Ravens than the Titans.  Maybe I’m crazy. 

17 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

No that isn’t true in most cases.

You only need the Titans to lose if the Jets defeat the Browns next week.

Cleveland plays Pittsburgh in Week 17, and with a loss to Indy, both will be 11-4.  Division winner will finish 12-4.

That means with a win at NE, the worst Buffalo could finish is 12-4.  The best Tennessee and Cleveland/Pittsburgh will finish is 12-4.  

Bills win a 3 way tiebreaker over any of those teams.  

If Bills handle their business in Foxboro

Indy beats Pittsburgh 

Cleveland beats the Jets

Bills are locked in at #2 in week 16

If we rest our starters in Week 17 and the Titans win out, they would take the 2 seed from us as they beat us head to head and we have the same 12-4 record. Am I wrong?

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

The Ravens are designed to get an early lead and then choke you out like a python.  They really do struggle playing from behind though and we're the type of team to put them in a hole.  

Honestly I think any of the AFC teams can beat any of the other AFC teams.  Some results would surprise me but none would shock me.  We play our game and we can beat any of them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Normally they say, "if the stars align", but tonight the "planets aligned!"

All this talk about who this, and ravens that, blah blah... give me 2 home games and then we pull off the stunner in KC!

Go Bills!

Well literally Jupiter and Saturn aligned tonight in a once in a lifetime thing I'm told, so you aint wrong!

Edit: I believe that's what you meant anyways haha. Too many drinks tonight!

Edited by Bferra13

12 minutes ago, Virgil said:

If we rest our starters in Week 17 and the Titans win out, they would take the 2 seed from us as they beat us head to head and we have the same 12-4 record. Am I wrong?

If there is a 3-way tie at 12-4, head-to-head tie breakers don't apply.  It goes to division and conference, and the Bills own those.