Bills Pro-Bowlers

WhoTom

9 hours ago, mykidsdad said:

Do we know who the all-pros are?

It’s in NFL.com. Easy to find.  I just scanned myself.

I do agree Poyer should have received the nod, and if Beasely keeps going and repeats next year, I’d love to see him as well.  Hard for a slot WR to get selected, but he’s at 950 yards now.  I was surprised I did the math, and Beasely has a 9.3 yard avg, whereas Diggs has an 8.9 avg.

My guess is Beasely if they don’t sit him and they shouldn’t, will finish with almost 1100 yards.  Hypothetically if Diggs’ ankle/foot is fine, and he plays the last two seasonal games, he should finish with anywhere from 1500-1600 yards.  

A couple random thoughts about other teams' OL.  Interesting that PFF's best OG in the NFL and former Bill Wyatt Teller didn't make it.  And as I suspected, Cheaters' OG and last year's AP All-Pro Joe Thuney didn't even make it.  I guess the loss of Scarnecchia was felt.

Edited by Doc

2 hours ago, ColeB said:

Also, how does the punter leading the league in punting average not make it, but instead a rookie for the 6-8 Pats does?  

He sees a lot more action than ours. 🙂

7 hours ago, GreggTX said:

I have to disagree about Beane nailing his 1st round picks. Other than Allen, they have underperformed. That's not to say that Oliver and Edmunds are bad. They are both fairly good, but not good value for as high as they were drafted. At least they aren't busts. I really hope Beane nails his top 2 picks in '21.

I'm going with slow learners on Edmunds and Oliver.

Oliver may blossom into an all pro with a real impact 1-tech next to him so he is not getting so many doubles.

Edmunds....props for superior sideline to sideline range and coverage ability and yet still a bit slow diagnosing plays behind the LOS and taking the right gaps and angles to make clean tackles.

Both are showing enough good things in our defensive system to be patient with them.

That being said, I don't think they have shown enough to be paid top bank and that is going to be the real test for Beane evaluating his own picks objectively.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

How does Edmunds make it? He has been awful all year. 

Poyer and Dawkins are more deserving if you watch the games.

I can only come to the conclusion that you are wrong about the awful part? 

Edmunds led the Bills in tackles with 115 and was tied for second in tackles for loss and pass breakups.

He is the first player in NFL history to record two 100-plus tackle seasons by the age of 21.

Edmunds was a first alternate in his second NFL season and with New England LB Dont'a Hightower sitting out the Pro Bowl due to injury, the Bills linebacker was the next man up.

It was surprising to see that on a defense that performed like this that the Bills only had one player. However, there is no question that Edmunds played a key role to the success of this group. He was the one getting the plays from the sideline, making pre-snap adjustments and getting players in position before the snap.

At only 21 years of age, Edmunds future is very bright in the NFL and was one of the reasons he was identified as a potential breakout star in 2020. Sean McDermott has had the opportunity to coach Luke Kuechly while in Carolina and Edmunds looks to be the next great linebacker that McDermott will have the chance to coach.

Doesn't really add up to awful. 

19 hours ago, WMDman said:

No Poyer is upsetting 

in terms of his quality of play right now, i agree, but the pro bowl is number one a stats thing, and as a safety who doesn't have a ton of picks or sacks (not that i think that's the be all and end all) on a D with meh stats, it's just how it is.

1 hour ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

Poyer. Hyde, and Beasley got screwed.  Dion Dawkins should have gone.

Jerry Hughes would be on my pro bowl team, ( along with Matt Milano )

4th and goal on the 1ft line.

I'm sending in Hughes...

Edited by Figster

20 hours ago, WMDman said:

No Poyer is upsetting 

How do he get the most votes but not selected?

2 hours ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

Poyer. Hyde, and Beasley got screwed.  Dion Dawkins should have gone.

Yeah, Pouncey selection was baffling. I think Daryl Williams should've gotten consideration as well

21 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Edmunds needs to go. 

Sell high, he’s not that good. 

(I am making fun of all the idiots on this board who don’t understand players aren’t robots and when the he hurt it impacts them) 

While I don't think he deserves off the team, his play the first half of the season doesn't deserve pro bowl considerations either, hurt or not.

48 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

While I don't think he deserves off the team, his play the first half of the season doesn't deserve pro bowl considerations either, hurt or not.

Yeah, this is a perfectly rational take. 

Thanks for using your prefrontal cortex!