Minshew an option as backup QB?

Mountain Man

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

lol....what??

Massive upgrade over Barkley

Can't understand the hate for Barkley.  He looks like he's having fun on the sideline every week, and appears to keep Josh loose, if nothing else. And....in one play on Saturday, we got the longest touchdown run of the season.  Not too shabby! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I’m not saying that.

For years it’s been Jeff Tuel, Gilbran Hamdan, Brian Brohm, Thad Lewis, Cardale Jones, Tyler Thigpen, Nate Peterman, Derek Anderson and now Matt Barkley.

Guys that couldn’t win a game if Allen went down. The Bills would be smart to upgrade that position. 

For years, the Bills were lucky to have a QB as their starter that could wins games, much less a backup. 

I'm pretty sure this regime is not scared to upgrade the backup QB position if they see an issue with it.

4 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

It looks like the Jags will get Lawrence now in the draft, and have multiple QBs already. How would people offering a late day 3 pick to get Minshew as backup QB? He'd be cheap, shown some talent in a terrible offense and importantly is more mobile than Barkley so offers an easier fit if needed to play. 

Maybe he could help Josh with facial hair grooming but I Zay Jones will be most successful Eastern Carolina NFL player ever on Bills roster.

I think Fromm is the guy.  Cap will be tight next year and their won't likely be cap space to pay 4-6mil to an ex-starter backup QB on this team next year.   If Josh goes down, they're largely f'd, just like every other top 10 team.  I'm sure Beane is all over this, but Barkley seems a great team guy and can play; and Fromm was really strong at an SEC school and has a bunch of ability.  I think we are set, unless a $2m experienced NFL QB falls in their lap, which is unlikely.  

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Can't understand the hate for Barkley.  He looks like he's having fun on the sideline every week, and appears to keep Josh loose, if nothing else. And....in one play on Saturday, we got the longest touchdown run of the season.  Not too shabby! 

No one "hates" Barkley.   But "having fun on the sidelines every week" and doing "Nothing else" but keeping Josh loose doesn't make him an NFL QB. 

59 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

he can grow a way better mustache than Josh... that kind of stuff will slowly create a toxic room of jealousy... as someone who can't grow a good mustache: trust me

i can not even grow a 5 o'clock shadow.  When I do not shave for a couple of days upto a week I get comments about needing to wash my face and now with hair coming in white but not head I get even more such comments.

The FO will absolutely upgrade the Backup QB situation going into next season. 
the way this offense has evolved they have to get a strong armed, athletic QB to fill the void should JA go down. 
Fitz would be great but I really think it needs to be a young guy. No idea how obtainable any of these guys are but my list would include:

Brissett from Indy

Hundley from Ari

Mullins from SF

Trubisky from Chi

Marriota from LV

all of those guys (including Fitz) could run the same offense JA runs. I just don’t see Fromm or Barkley being able to do that.