Minshew an option as backup QB?

Mountain Man

13 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Back up QB should bring wisdom and culture to Josh and the team; a guy that's been around for for a decade that fits well into the desired team culture.  I think we've got that guy.

We need a guy that can win games when Josh gets hurt.   Does anyone think Barkley can go 2-2 if Josh is injured and is out for a month?  I would be skeptical.

Josh has graduated from needing a mentor. 

37 minutes ago, Beast said:

Minshew is awful.

Pass.

Let's see what Fromm is all about.

Name one backup that would threaten Josh Allen.

This I want to hear.

I’m not saying that.

For years it’s been Jeff Tuel, Gilbran Hamdan, Brian Brohm, Thad Lewis, Cardale Jones, Tyler Thigpen, Nate Peterman, Derek Anderson and now Matt Barkley.

Guys that couldn’t win a game if Allen went down. The Bills would be smart to upgrade that position. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

I would give nothing for him. I’m not even sure id call him and upgrade from Barkley. There will be plenty of low end backup guys around this offseason I wouldn’t waste a pick on him. 

Barkley is awful, Minshew would be a huge upgrade. But I'd still rather just keep Fromm around and hope he develops into a decent backup, already used a 5th on him.

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

There's only room for one STACHE on the roster

image.thumb.jpeg.b4e7f842d92cf9a92dfc7a7b0b5fcda5.jpeg

Thank You!!!

Josh is in a good place right now in terms of his “ Head space”.

You bring a stache like that in and it could have a deleterious effect upon Josh’s confidence.
That is a chance you DON’T take😉

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

It looks like the Jags will get Lawrence now in the draft, and have multiple QBs already. How would people offering a late day 3 pick to get Minshew as backup QB? He'd be cheap, shown some talent in a terrible offense and importantly is more mobile than Barkley so offers an easier fit if needed to play. 

Please end the thread 

36 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

What about Jake Fromm?

We just spent a 5th on him and haven’t even given him a chance yet...

We can have Fromm AND another QB.  We don’t need to be in a position of hope.  I don’t think Barkley can go 2-2.  A back up needs to be able to do that.

21 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

Barkley is awful, Minshew would be a huge upgrade. But I'd still rather just keep Fromm around and hope he develops into a decent backup, already used a 5th on him.

Fromm and an upgrade over Barkley please

9 minutes ago, metzelaars_lives said:

This is a great idea and anyone who is saying that Minshew would be a downgrade from Barkley needs to get their head examined.  QB2 is a legitimate need for this team and I expect them to address it in the offseason.  Minshew seems destined to be a high end QB2.

This^

1 hour ago, boater said:

I think Josh is ready to be the master.

..and the backup is ready to be grasshopper.

Jake Fromm makes a fine grasshopper.

Exactly!

Josh has gone full blown Jedi.  Luke doesn't need Obi Wan anymore.  Time for him to become the master and Fromm the apprentice.  

Im not really interested in Minshew, I think the real Uncle Rico is more appealing personally.  Minshwer is Fitzpatrick without the talent...and Fitzpatrick is Farve without the talent.  So you are basically saying you want a very poor mans version of a poor mans Farve on the roster.  This is not the way.

Im all for competition to Barkley, but I think Fromm should get a chance before we start making trades for guys. 

2 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I would give nothing for him. I’m not even sure id call him and upgrade from Barkley. There will be plenty of low end backup guys around this offseason I wouldn’t waste a pick on him. 

lol....what??

Massive upgrade over Barkley