This Thread is about Kyle Orton

Brennan Huff

You guys remember when some of us actually thought that Kyle Orton was our savior? Kyle freaking Orton. I’ll admit that I was included in that group. Even bought a “Uncle Orton” tee shirt. What an amazing time to be a Bills fan. Not only are we legit, but we have a team that’s built for a long run. No more journeyman QBs who have a fluke game and we start throwing them keys to the city. Soak it in Bills fans. I know this probably didn’t need a thread but I started it anyways...

Edited by Brennan Huff
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3

The Bears traded Orton PLUS two first-round draft picks to Denver in exchange for Jay freakin' Cutler. Anyone who thought Orton would be a great QB, let alone a franchise savior, was seriously delusional.

What I remember is a lot of Bills fans wanting to get Cutler, which would have also been a disaster - and an expensive one at that.

2 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

The Bears traded Orton PLUS two first-round draft picks to Denver in exchange for Jay freakin' Cutler. Anyone who thought Orton would be a great QB, let alone a franchise savior, was seriously delusional.

What I remember is a lot of Bills fans wanting to get Cutler, which would have also been a disaster - and an expensive one at that.

Well obviously you weren’t the type to be fooled by his mid season heroics. I was talking about us simple folk who are easily entertained by bright lights and loud noises

8 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Was that before or after Colorado became weed tolerant?  Both sides were sampling the 'enhanced' brownies. 🥴

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

The sad reality is that Kyle Orton was a rare bright spot on the QB position with this franchise.  He was one of the better QBs we had for quite a long time.

Be thankful those days are over, at least for now.

• Like (+1) 5

11 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The Bills needed a competent QB to supplement an elite defense. That's what they got in Orton and it kind of worked since the team went 9-7. I think Orton would have done a little better had Spiller not gotten banged up again and he had a better O-line.

Yeah, I don't recall many seriously anointing him a savior outside of a tongue-in-cheek joke. He was just a guy that gave us a better chance to break the playoff drought than EJ.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

He was a poor man's Fitzmagic...

That's probably the best way to describe him. The great news is I don't have to think about the 20 some garbage qbs we had to weed through to get to Josh. So the next time you feel compelled to click on a JP Loseman, Trent or EJ thread just "say no".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1