Jets fans losing there ***** on losing the 1#overall.

21 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I really don't think Daboll is in a rush for a HC job. The dude is patient and strategic. He'll move on for the right job with the necessary support from ownership and suitable GM. The Jets just don't fit that description. I'm sure from working with Belichick he understands that passing on the Jets probably is the right move.

I actually think the Jets job is pretty attractive and that they have a chance to be much better next year with competent coaching and a new QB.  They had a very good draft last year and have lots of extra picks this year.  A pretty good defense is already in place there...

47 minutes ago, Looper said:

Wentz might save the Steelers as Big Ben is on his last legs - or Darnold might be a good fit in Pittsburgh with a real coach.

Carson Wentz is not going to save anyone.  And neither is Sam Darnold.

Edited by mannc

28 minutes ago, mannc said:

I actually think the Jets job is pretty attractive and that they have a chance to be much better next year with competent coaching and a new QB.  They had a very good draft last year and have lots of extra picks this year.  A pretty good defense is already in place there...

Theres A Chance GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

The organization as a whole is flawed and that is what has held them back all these years. It's why Belichick walked away from the opportunity there and things haven't really changed since then. Talent on the field alone is not enough to be successful in this league you need the organization and supportive ownership to go with it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Theres A Chance GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

The organization as a whole is flawed and that is what has held them back all these years. It's why Belichick walked away from the opportunity there and things haven't really changed since then. Talent on the field alone is not enough to be successful in this league you need the organization and supportive ownership to go with it.

I understand that ownership is a problem there, but the fact remains that they had a good draft last year, they have a bunch of premium picks in the upcoming draft (including no worse than 2 overall), and they already have a decent defense.  IMO, it's not inconceivable that they could have a Miami-like turnaround in 2021, if they hire the right coach.  And isn't Justin Fields considered a really good QB prospect?     

I'd draft Sewell at 2, Dickerson/Humphrey with the Seahawks pick and then spend on the best interior OL FA if I was them.  Becton-Thuney-Dickerson-Sewell is potentially the best OL in the NFL.

I'd love for them to draft Fields, Wilson or Lance, but I don't think they are that stupid to do that at #2.

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

I understand that ownership is a problem there, but the fact remains that they had a good draft last year, they have a bunch of premium picks in the upcoming draft (including no worse than 2 overall), and they already have a decent defense.  IMO, it's not inconceivable that they could have a Miami-like turnaround in 2021, if they hire the right coach.  And isn't Justin Fields considered a really good QB prospect?     

I just see too many of the same problems that exist in Dallas. Ownership has a tendency to react and meddle. Plus when you add in the NYC media and their headlines the situation is more challenging. Look at the talent that Dallas have been putting on the field for years and how they always seem to come up short. 

While the Jets hiring Gase made it possible for them to win the Super Bowl it certainly didn't make it probable. The Bills turnaround happened because our new ownership cleared house, brought in a new mindset and gave the people time to implement it. Doug Whaley and Russ Brandon and all the power struggles and infighting had to go. These changes took time and required a process. Until the Jets take that kind of holistic approach to their organization they will never be better than middle tier. 

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I bet the league is absolutely thrilled about someone with Lawrence's marketing cache coming in and ending up with Jacksonville instead of New York.

I don't think it matters in the NFL.   Mahomes is in KC and Rodgers in Green Bay...  Hasn't affected their marketing ability one bit.   They know they'll get ratings from the big market teams..  Must be nice to throw Jacksonville on a random Thursday Night Game and get massive ratings next year. 

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

25M non guaranteed. Yeah they are NOT going to get picks from San Fran in that manner. Hence how delusional they are. 

I could see them getting good options to trade down from number 2 if they want to stick with Darnold but I agree the 49ers are not that option.

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Carson Wentz is not going to save anyone.  And neither is Sam Darnold.

Ask Ryan Tannehill about what a change in scenery can do  ...  Mike Tomlin  > Gase/Bowles combined.

Edited by Looper

54 minutes ago, Looper said:

Ask Ryan Tannehill about what a change in scenery can do  ...  Mike Tomlin  > Gase/Bowles combined.

Ryan Tannehill was never as bad as Carson Wentz is right now, but I admit, it's certainly possible that he can improve.   

Edited by mannc

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

I don't think it matters in the NFL.   Mahomes is in KC and Rodgers in Green Bay...  Hasn't affected their marketing ability one bit.   They know they'll get ratings from the big market teams..  Must be nice to throw Jacksonville on a random Thursday Night Game and get massive ratings next year. 

Yes and no.  Obviously guys like Mahomes & Rodgers have shown they are marketable anywhere they play.

That being said, big market teams (especially the NFC East) can be absolutely terrible and are still the highest rated TV games regardless of air time, which is why we get force fed primetime NFC East games.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Yes and no.  Obviously guys like Mahomes & Rodgers have shown they are marketable anywhere they play.

That being said, big market teams (especially the NFC East) can be absolutely terrible and are still the highest rated TV games regardless of air time, which is why we get force fed primetime NFC East games.

That's what i'm basically saying though.. Big Market games will always get viewership in the NFL.  Having Lawrence in Jax, Allen in Buffalo, Mahomes in KC etc.., make smaller markets more able to bring in massive ratings as well. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Ryan Tannehill was never as bad as Carson Wentz is right now, but I admit, it's certainly possible that he can improve.   

I feel like Wentz would likely do well on the Colts as he would be reunited with Reich-  he got the best out of him while he was Philly’s OC

Edited by KingBoots8
  • Like (+1) 1

Wentz isn’t going anywhere. He’s broken anyway just like Darnold. Tannehill was never as bad as either of these guys, he just wasn’t in a system or with a coach who designed an offense around his strengths. Andrew Brandt has a great article on why Philly will keep Wentz and basically it’s because its much cheaper for them to keep him instead of moving on. I’m not sold on Hurts anyway. Everyone is ready to anoint these guys like him and Tua all-pros after a few average games. The real test is once DC’s get some tape on the new guys and start designing game plans to take away what they do well. The good QBs adjust over time (you’ve seen that with Allen) and get better, the majority keep trying to force the same things and either halt their progress or if you are Darnold, completely regress.

I'd be breathing a sigh of relief if I was Trevor Lawrence. The Jets just destroyed Sam Darnold with a level of epic incompetence the likes of which we haven't seen since...the last time the Jets drafted a QB high. As long as Woody Johnson owns that team, they're screwed. 

Lawrence will at least have a chance in Jacksonville. They'll probably tear it down and rebuild around him whereas the Jets would go, "We got our guy, now let's do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to build around him and then when he loses too much, we fire him!"

• Like (+1) 1