Jets fans losing there ***** on losing the 1#overall.

I almost feel bad for them. This confirms they were actually trying to win the raiders game. Gase's incompetence is so powerful that even when you are banking on his awfulness for long term success he will find a way to booger it up.

Just now, Haze_21 said:

I almost feel bad for them. This confirms they were actually trying to win the raiders game. Gase's incompetence is so powerful that even when you are banking on his awfulness for long term success he will find a way to booger it up.

I’m Gase’s defense, he probably could care less about the jets at this point. He knows he’s getting fired and that them having the first overall pick or not means nothing to him 

• Like (+1) 7

3 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

How rich would that be? Wentz to the Jets, Jets retain Gase. Team still sucks and stays a bottom feeder for decades

I know it won't happen but wanted to add onto this.

Jets swap 1st rounders with Philly in the trade for Wentz (along with other picks I'm sure) and Lawrence ends up not being the 1st overall pick by the Jags and gets taken by someone else before their pick at ~7-9.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, VaMilBill said:

I’m Gase’s defense, he probably could care less about the jets at this point. He knows he’s getting fired and that them having the first overall pick or not means nothing to him 

Exactly. He cares about his next

job, not the next Jets QB. 

28 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

wonder if the jets poach daboll and Joe Schoen?  try to copy our system

I really don't think Daboll is in a rush for a HC job. The dude is patient and strategic. He'll move on for the right job with the necessary support from ownership and suitable GM. The Jets just don't fit that description. I'm sure from working with Belichick he understands that passing on the Jets probably is the right move.

• Like (+1) 6

30 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

That's almost always the case with a team battling for the #1 pick.  Mainly the coach and QB want to win enough not to get the #1 pick.  Gase is looking for his next job & Darnold's best chance of keeping his job is to prevent the team from getting the #1 pick. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

Jaguars could always win a game in the final 2 weeks....

Knowing Doug Marrone and his contract clauses he probably is safe for another year if he keeps the #1 pick 😂

Just now, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

But you don't draft a head coach!

You need a great head coach, a good GM that the coach trusts and ownership that supports and lets them work. My guess is Trevor Lawrence is as happy as a Bills fan following week 15.

• Like (+1) 1

This is great to see and I hope they stay at number 2.

Though personally I still think Darnold could be a very good QB. I don't know whether he wants out of NY or not but if the right coach goes in and sits him down, tells him he has faith in him and it's a whole different culture without idiots running things then he could still change people's perceptions of him.

• Like (+1) 1