John Brown - Sit or Play?

wppete

9 hours ago, wppete said:

Now that John Brown is off the IR do we sit him against the Patriots, give him one week to get completely healthy and give him limited reps against Miami To get him Ready for the playoffs? 

Hope he comes back 100% healthy and ready to go because with him healthy in the lineup that offense is unstoppable. 

Um...when did John Brown come off IR?

He is "designated to return" as of last week, he can practice with the team, and the team has 2 more weeks to decide whether to activate him or end his season on IR.

As far as I know - I looked at buffalobills.com, google searched, and checked a couple twitters.

8 hours ago, Pokebball said:

What's up with Digg's foot? 

Injured late in game.  Someone stepped on it while he was blocking late in the 4th.

He came off the field and went to the locker room on a cart, but later came back holding one cleat and wearing the other and walked to the bench

Sean McDermott unbent enough to in today's presser that as far as he knew at this time, it wasn't too serious (later in from where he's asked for an injury update the first time)

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Um...when did John Brown come off IR?

He is "designated to return" as of last week, he can practice with the team, and the team has 2 more weeks to decide whether to activate him or end his season on IR.

As far as I know - I looked at buffalobills.com, google searched, and checked a couple twitters.

Injured late in game.  Someone stepped on it while he was blocking late in the 4th.

He came off the field and went to the locker room on a cart, but later came back holding one cleat and wearing the other and walked to the bench

Sean McDermott unbent enough to in today's presser that as far as he knew at this time, it wasn't too serious (later in from where he's asked for an injury update the first time)

https://www.nationalfootballpost.com/nfl/bills-designate-wr-brown-for-return-from-ir/

15 hours ago, wppete said:

Now that John Brown is off the IR do we sit him against the Patriots, give him one week to get completely healthy and give him limited reps against Miami To get him Ready for the playoffs? 

Hope he comes back 100% healthy and ready to go because with him healthy in the lineup that offense is unstoppable. 

If he’s ready, play him against the Patriots.

This gives him a couple games to get back into the swing of things.

He has to play even if on a pitch count sometime before the playoffs so he gets in a rhythm.  Now if Diggs’ foot is ok, I understand only giving Brown a couple of plays this week, and a little more against Miami.  So much is predicated on his health, Diggs health, and so on.  I trust (not the process as I’m even getting sick of that phrase) the medical staff, trainers, and himself to know when he’s ready.