NFL MVP RACE - Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes, and Josh Allen

I honestly think he is one Hail Murray away from being the lead dog right now. If we had won that game the talk about it would be the drive he led and that dime throw to Diggs in the clutch. We would also be 12-2, with the #2 seed, and still an outside shot at the #1. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, mannc said:

Nonsense.  Henry is a great back, but he does not belong in the MVP discussion.  Tanehill has had a very good year and the Titans have a bunch of other offensive weapons besides Henry. If Henry were out, they’d be diminished, but they’d still be a good offense.  Can’t say the same about any of the top QBs.

He should be in the discussion, but not win it. I mean he'll end up nearly 2000 yards and 20 TDs. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

55 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

MVP race doesn't care about that stuff. Just simple numbers. Wins, TD's, and yards. 

Depends.  Jackson didn't have the most yards last year, even taking rushing yards into account.  He also had a poor completion percentage.

But if Josh doesn't win it, no biggee.  He's just as good as them.

27 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He should be in the discussion, but not win it. I mean he'll end up nearly 2000 yards and 20 TDs. 

He’s had a great year, but his impact is minor compared to the top QBs.  That’s just the way it is.  Titans minus Henry are still a playoff team.  The Chiefs and Bills without Mahomes/Allen are sub-.500.

46 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Mahomes.....the NFL wants that - the NFL has promoted him as such.

At the end of the day - Mahomes.  Sorry but it is what it is.....

Your probably right.  Without Allen or Rodgers Packers and Bills are picking in the top 10 or 5.  Without Mahomes Kc is a wildcard team.  I think that needs to be part of it.  

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, mannc said:

He’s had a great year, but his impact is minor compared to the top QBs.  That’s just the way it is.  Titans minus Henry are still a playoff team.  The Chiefs and Bills without Mahomes/Allen are sub-.500.

I disagree. Henry is a big factor in their success. 

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

Realistically, barring a collapse, it'll likely be Mahomes or Rodgers, but it's incredible that Allen actually has to be mentioned. Our boy (and our team) has come such a long ways.

That's OK if Josh doesn't get MVP. I'm sure he'll take the Superbowl MVP as a consolation prize ;)  works for me.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

MVP is a simple stat award. Josh Allen has a chance. This isn't a 2 man race. 

1 - Aaron Rodgers: 11 wins, 43 Total TD'S, 3954 Total Yards

2 - Patrick Mahomes: 13 wins, 38 Total TD'S, 4749 Total Yards

3 - Josh Allen: 11 wins, 39 Total TD'S (1 Rec TD😁), 4395 Total Yards ( 12 Rec Yards😁

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Allen has 39 total... everyone keeps forgetting the receiving td.

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Allen must have 39 total TDs because he broke Kelly's record of 34 last week and had 4 more today. I believe you are forgetting his receiving TD in the Cardinal game...

Yes, it is 39.

Additionally, Russell Wilson has 38 total TDs and Mahomes has 38, as well.

...I'm not sure Nick Wright would believe that (that Josh is #2  and ahead of Wilson and Mahomes) even if you showed it to him from NFL.com or Pro Football Reference.com...Sorry, Nick...the Truth hurts.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Henry should definitely be in contention...Tannehill is only effective because of Henry.

Henry was doing his thing before Tannehil took over as the starter and that team was nowhere near as good. The running game is key but it wasn’t enough by itself. And that was when they had a good D...

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Depends.  Jackson didn't have the most yards last year, even taking rushing yards into account.  He also had a poor completion percentage.

But if Josh doesn't win it, no biggee.  He's just as good as them.

What do you mean? Lamar was like 6 or 7th in total yards, lead the NFL in passing TD's, also had 7 rushing TD's, and also had most wins. 

• Like (+1) 1