99.9% chance wk. 17 will matter to Bills

The Red King

If we win next week, steelers lose next week and Browns win, titans outcome is irrelevant as well. We win any 3 way tie, which would occur if titans won week 17 and we lost given steelers play the Browns. 

Edited by Ball'n
  • Like (+1) 1

I could be wrong, but I also think we essentially clinch the #2 spot even if the Titans beat the Packers as long as the Steelers lose and the Browns beat the Jets.   Steelers and Browns play week 17 so winner of that game would be 12-4 and Titans don't pass us in a 3 way tie at 12-4.  Only way that wouldn't work is in the miniscule chance that the Browns and Steelers tie.

Just now, jhh9327 said:

I could be wrong, but I also think we essentially clinch the #2 spot even if the Titans beat the Packers as long as the Steelers lose and the Browns beat the Jets.   Steelers and Browns play week 17 so winner of that game would be 12-4 and Titans don't pass us in a 3 way tie at 12-4.  Only way that wouldn't work is in the miniscule chance that the Browns and Steelers tie.

This is correct. 

3 minutes ago, The Red King said:

I will never write off NE with Beli at the helm.  The upside is, with it being Monday Night, they will already know the outcome of the Pitt and Titan games, and know if they can lock in #2 prior to the game.

True, its still an important game to win even if Pitt and Tennessee win.  We win and still control are own destiny for the 2 seed vs Phins.  I would live some rest though for the top guys so no chance of injury....yes just knocked on wood

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I would love for us to lock up the 2 next week, AND for Miami to lose next week to the raiders to get knocked out of the playoffs. That would make week 17 truly meaningless. Would hate to rest our starters in week 17 in a way that would allow Miami in.

I would rather have the Dolphins in and play then again a week later than have the Ravens get in

3 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I would rather have the Dolphins in and play then again a week later than have the Ravens get in

i think the only way the dolphins get in though is to beat us in week 17. Are you saying we would rest our starters and they win, and we play them even In the playoffs? That scares me a little. 

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i think the only way the dolphins get in though is to beat us in week 17. Are you saying we would rest our starters and they win, and we play them even In the playoffs? That scares me a little. 

Beats not getting to rest our starters a week and playing the Ravens.

6 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Why would that scare you? If we have the two locked in and the Dolphins win then we would play them again a week later. Playing the Ravens scares me more honestly 

Edited by Buffalo03

If Miami gets knocked out by the Raiders or us, there is a good chance that the Browns/Steelers game will decide who our wildcard game is against.  A Browns win gives us a good chance to play the Ravens, while a Steelers win makes the Browns a likely opponent for us as the Ravens pass them with a tied record.

Be careful who you wish to play in Wild Card. I see y'all want Dolphins than Ravens.

We got to be up for anybody. No team is an easy out in the playoffs.  Dolphins has a legit defense. Their defense is better than ours actually.

I take on anyone that the NFL Gods place in front of us. That's how it is.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Dolphins has a legit defense. Their defense is better than ours actually.

I'll take our defense vs Tua over their defense vs Allen 10 times out of 10. He's played his best games against them for 3 years straight. I'm not remotely worried about facing the Dolphins if we're lucky enough to draw them in the wildcard round.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ball'n said:

If we win next week, steelers lose next week and Browns win, titans outcome is irrelevant as well. We win any 3 way tie, which would occur if titans won week 17 and we lost given steelers play the Browns. 

1 hour ago, Super Mighty said:

NY Times playoff simulator says that if Browns beat Jets,  Colts beat Steelers, and we beat Pats, then we clinch #2 seed.  Titans game does not matter.  

See above Super Mighty for your answer.  Sorry if you already seen this.

The Browns game means that because PIT and CLE play week 17 one of those teams would win and the Titans lose because of the next

tie breaker in a 3 way tie.

By the way every time I'm back in Buffalo I get a Super Might Taco!

• Like (+1) 1