99.9% chance wk. 17 will matter to Bills

The Red King

2 hours ago, Process said:

I could care less about the two seed. It would be nice sure, but in a year where home field advantage means very little there's no way I'm not resting starters to play for 2 vs 3 seed. 

What needs to happen in Week 16 for us to be locked in to at least the 3 seed? That would be enough for me. Obviously if we win and titans/ colts both lose that would do it. What if bills and colts win, and titans lose?

Dropping to the #4 seed is a concern and that's why the Patriots game will be treated as a regular game by McDermott.

As to your question I looked at that last night and if the Colts win the Division and the Bills have a tie breaker.  Better Conference record.

Of course the Titans have the tie breaker on the Bills.

2 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

I kinda dont want the 2 Seed if Ravens are the 7 seed... id be willing to let Miami win week 17 and rest our starters just so Ravens dont sneak into our 1st round game.

The Ravens winning out is almost guaranteed.  They have tie breakers against other Wildcard teams.  A very good chance that the Ravens

will seed above #7.

Note to everyone:

THE GOOD THING ABOUT ALL THESE SCENARIOS IS THIS.  ALL OF NEXT WEEKS GAMES WILL BE PLAYED BEFORE THE BILLS PLAY MONDAY!!!!!!

McDermott and the Bills will know what is on the line for the Pats* game.

Bills DO NOT want to get seeded 4th.  That means they could end up in KC for the 2nd game.  NO WAY McDermott wants that.

The starters will all play in the Pats* game for sure.

If the Ravens make #7, the #3 seed is probably the best option.  My favorite reason for this probably came from Shannon Sharpe of all people.  He said the best time to play the Steelers or the Ravens is right after they play each other because they beat the hell out of each other when they go head to head.

I don't doubt we can hang with anybody at this point but I'll still take any advantage we can get.

4 hours ago, Beast said:

Keep winning and get as many home games as possible.

There's a reason why this team wanted to win the division and that was to have a home playoff game after losing their last two playoff games on the road.

Keep winning. I don't understand why this is such a hard concept to grasp with some people. 

The Bills just need to focus on what they can control and block out the noise that comes with a little success - act like they belong here.

If they buy into the hype and MVP noise and slip up I can guarantee the same folks heaping praise on them will lead the charge jumping off the bandwagon.

They need to keep prepping for their next opponent and continue working on improving their execution within the game plans for those opponents.

Nothing else matters, but the next opponent.

It is that approach that got them where they are at and will carry them the furthest in the post season.

Edited by WideNine

In my mind the difference between the 3 and 4 seed is huge. But the difference between the 2 and 3 seed is lackluster. Getting the 3 seed ensures that you don't have to play KC until the AFCCG. Getting the 2 seed does ensure that you get a home game if you win round 1 but my main path to the Super Bowl means avoiding KC until the AFCCG or hoping KC gets knocked off in the divisional round in an upset. The Steelers if they win tonight will likely be the competition for the 2 seed and while I would rather play them at home I don't really fear them in their current banged up and offensively limited state.

4 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Patriots rested guys week 17 numerous times, those would be the only games we would ever win vs them..  They won Superbowls.

We rested week 17 vs the Jets and had a 16-0 lead before choking vs Houston last year.

It’s been referenced that the playoff loss turned Josh into the monster he is.  

He’s got talent on the team to Win and doesn’t need to be THE guy all the time!

13 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Bengals aren’t beating Pittsburgh lol.  Colts or Browns sure but not Cincinnati 

9 hours ago, Unforgiven said:

Pittsburgh is not losing tonight, 100%.

/end thread

13 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Pittsburgh is not losing to Ryan Finley. 

Bunch of goddamned Clairvoyants.

Edited by Captain Caveman
  • Haha (+1) 3

14 hours ago, Steptide said:

There's maybe a 1% chance the steelers lose tonight imo

Think you might want to up the odds a little? I don't see how the Steelers even get a field goal tonight, let alone 18 points to win it...and that is if their D can stop Cincinnati from scoring anymore.  Should be 24-0...Finley threw a Fitz special to Boyd...3 yards behind the defender for an easy completion but the ball is so badly underthrown he ends up in a jump ball situation and doesn't make the catch.

16 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

Yeah like anyone saw this first half coming give me a break nerds.

You mean like the five people in this thread that reminded you and others about the Jets game that just happened yesterday?  Upsets happen every week, and Pittsburgh is a train wreck, so it's not even that big of an upset.

15 hours ago, The Red King said:

So, I took a look at the standings to see where we could be week 17 and everything from the 1 to 4 seed are in play.  I wondered, is there any way we could be locked in by week 17 and rest our starters?  There's only one, and it's a longshot to say the least.

Buffalo will be locked in as the second seed by week 17 *if*...

*Buffalo beats New England

*Pitt loses tonight and next week.

*The Titans lose next week

If all that happens, Buffalo goes into week 17 a game ahead of Pitt and at least a game ahead of Indy and holds tie-breakers with both.  The Titans have the tie-breaker, but would be two games back.  Even if Cleveland wins to move into a tie for the division, they would also be a game behind the Bills and the Bills also hold the tie-breaker over them.  They would be assured no worse then #2, but Pitt's two losses would lock Buffalo out of #1.

So there ya go, only one path to Buffalo's week 17 matchup being meaningless to them, and that relies on four games playing out a certain way.  I don't see us getting to rest our starters.

If steelers lose tonight and to colts and we win next week then week 17 does not matter.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Pittsburgh is not losing to Ryan Finley. 

Hmmmmm

1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

If steelers lose tonight and to colts and we win next week then week 17 does not matter.

Which is a huge advantage for us.  Fresh for playoff opener and longer to gameplan than our opponent

• Like (+1) 1