J E T S blow first pick

CorkScrewHill

That win was a blessing for the hapless Jets. They should sell their 2nd pick for ( 2)1st rd draft choices and coupled with the accumulated picks they have and the enormous cap space they have for free agents, turn their franchise around in 2 or 3 years. Darnold, if surrounded by better talent, is good enough. Taking Fields means the Jets have to hope and pray this guy is more of a winner than the guy they spent an early 1st of choice on 3 yrs ago. I think NFL clubs should win every possible game and create a culture and let the chips fall where they may.

1 minute ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

That win was a blessing for the hapless Jets. They should sell their 2nd pick for ( 2)1st rd draft choices and coupled with the accumulated picks they have and the enormous cap space they have for free agents, turn their franchise around in 2 or 3 years. Darnold, if surrounded by better talent, is good enough. Taking Fields means the Jets have to hope and pray this guy is more of a winner than the guy they spent an early 1st of choice on 3 yrs ago. I think NFL clubs should win every possible game and create a culture and let the chips fall where they may.

And there is something to be said for this. By most people's reasoning, we should have tanked in 2017. We could've had Darnold! And then in 2018 too.

I know it seems odd and slightly comical that the Jets won, but what's a guy like Darnold supposed to do?  Lose the game so he can be replaced?   He knows that the talk is Joey Lawrence is the pick, but what if he wants to prove that they'll be OK with the second pick...a non-QB. By the way, who's the next best player after Lawrence?

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I know it seems odd and slightly comical that the Jets won, but what's a guy like Darnold supposed to do?  Lose the game so he can be replaced?   He knows that the talk is Joey Lawrence is the pick, but what if he wants to prove that they'll be OK with the second pick...a non-QB. By the way, who's the next best player after Lawrence?

Not paying enough attention but Fields is the name I've seen thrown around behind Lawrence.

To be honest if I was the Jets and had the #1 pick overall I'd trade it for a kings ransom and keep Darnold. Darnold would be my version of the Six Million Dollar Man starring Lee Majors. We have the technology, we can rebuild him. I'd hire a new coaching staff, rebuild my roster with those picks. Darnold is not a bad QB. He has minimal talent on roster. The Jets need to add offensive lineman, get Darnold a Devonta Smith type receiver, a RB, TE and some real NFL CBs. Why would you put Trevor in the same situation Sam is in now? Besides Lawrence doesn't sound like he wants to be a member of the Jets organization anyways. Get Sam some football players and a competent coordinator (Sarkasian).

• Like (+1) 1