J E T S blow first pick

CorkScrewHill

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

I think the Jags can come right back to a contender with  real coach and Lawrence, that’s a team, not all that far removed from winning the AFC Championship with Bortles at QB.  Now granted, the NFL sent the Patriots to the SB, but it’s not a complete wasteland.   They will get a hot coach to go there with Lawrence.  The Jets just screwed up big.

Lawrence is a franchise changer. It will be tough in the AFC with Mahomes, Allen, Watson, and Lawrence. 

4 hours ago, WideNine said:

Lawrence is probably one of the most NFL-ready QB's to come out in recent memory. Obviously Mahomes was tailor made for this league too, but he reminds me of the hype given to Manning or Luck coming out of college.

He has all the size, mobility, arm strength. and accuracy you would want and has played in big games with ice in his veins.

He could flame out in the wrong situation, or get hurt...nothing is guaranteed, but he is not a prospect any GM not set at the position should pass on.

I usually don't buy too much into the hype, but glad if the kid plays somewhere other than AFC East. 

The Jets blowing that is like that fighter paid to take a dive, but has too much pride and knocks the other guy out. Too funny.

Would be nice if we could own Belichick and the rest of the AFC East for a decade or two.

I don't disagree with the assessment of TL being comparable to Manning/Luck coming out. But the "ice in his veins" in big games isn't entirely accurate. He was disappointingly inaccurate in the national championship game against LSU last year. An aberration perhaps but still, he came up short in that one.

7 minutes ago, 2ForMacAdoo said:

I don't disagree with the assessment of TL being comparable to Manning/Luck coming out. But the "ice in his veins" in big games isn't entirely accurate. He was disappointingly inaccurate in the national championship game against LSU last year. An aberration perhaps but still, he came up short in that one.

It's hard not to look at this kid and just be blown away.

Led his high school team to 41 straight victories, and at Clemson his record is something like 36 and 1.  He's big, but can run 322 passing yards and 90 rushing in that last game against Notre Dame. I think folks are looking for holes and he is just not a prospect with glaring or obvious flaws.

The Jets screwed up...maybe history proves otherwise, but there is a huge drop off from Lawrence to Fields as draft prospects.

11 hours ago, Taro Nimbus said:

It’s amazing how many people are scared of a dude that hasn’t even step foot on an NFL field.  Yeah. He had a good college career, but so did Manziel, Rosen, Tebow, hell even Jamarcus Russell     

I can understand that take and normally I'd agree with you, but Trevor Lawrence is different than those guys. He has the elite physical traits of Russell, the mobility and broken play ability of Manziel, and the winning pedigree and leadership of Tebow combined (and I'd argue he's better at all of those individual things than those guys too). 

He's the best college football player I've seen and I can't find a reason why his success won't translate to the NFL. Even the Jets likely couldn't screw him up.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

He's the best college football player I've seen and I can't find a reason why his success won't translate to the NFL. Even the Jets likely couldn't screw him up.

You lost me at your last sentence.  They could screw up a one car funeral. 😁

• Haha (+1) 1