F*** Kirk, You got to throw the ball!

Draconator

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

Wasn't too long ago that a number of folks here were salivating over Cousins as an FA QB possibility for the Bills.

I was totally on that train. And he would have been 100 times better than what we had.

But I'm glad (with hindsight) we didn't.

The issue is you’re hearing with no fans what has been mostly been said all along.  I’m not sure he was just pissed the ball wasn’t caught vs. being pissed at Cousins.  Probably, but when I played, f bombs were not that uncommon.  Usually not directed at their QB, but it happens.  Then again, I blew it once when I truly didn’t mean to when I dropped a deadlift in a meet as it slipped out of one hand, and I instantly regretted it, not to mention the booing from fans.  My point is simply these guys are competitors and sometimes just without thinking scream out an obscenity in anger.

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Is Lamar great again because he wiped the Jags? I'm not sold. Ravens would be my pick to face in the playoffs. Colts are well-coached and the Mayfield is getting hot for the Browns. Ravens are impressive against weak opponents.

I’m not sold either but they scare me the most for a single game. If for nothing else because they’ve had some success and have pulled some games out of their you know what the last 2 years. I think we have Browns / Colts beat in that department. 

Edited by billsfanmiamioh

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I tend to believe that F-bombs fly casually around the locker room and football field and that kind of comment "you got to throw the ball" is not rare either, but whaddo I know?

Agreed. ‘Naughty words’ are a thing of the past. They’ve become part of the lexicon today. Even choir boys Allen & McDermott 😇😇 have 4 letter bombs muted out in Rah-Rah speeches.

Some say it’s a sign of declining civilization. I’m just glad today’s kids don’t suffer a regular diet of Ivory soap like I did..🤮

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’m just glad today’s kids don’t suffer a regular diet of Ivory soap like I did..

Palmolive green bar soap at mine.  It only had to be administered once. 😳

Nowadays, the dizzy bastards do it voluntarily with detergent pods. 🤔🙄

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Palmolive green bar soap at mine.  It only had to be administered once. 😳

Nowadays, the dizzy bastards do it voluntarily with detergent pods. 🤔🙄

That’s Funny!🤣 -and Sad!😢

I guess I was a slow learner. Once got the Ivory teeth brush just for spelling s*h*i*.. ‘But Dad! I didn’t even <Burp> (..bubbles..)

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Agreed. ‘Naughty words’ are a thing of the past. They’ve become part of the lexicon today. Even choir boys Allen & McDermott 😇😇 have 4 letter bombs muted out in Rah-Rah speeches.

Some say it’s a sign of declining civilization. I’m just glad today’s kids don’t suffer a regular diet of Ivory soap like I did..🤮

“cause and effect” may be involved...the soap diet did tend to make an impression

Ivory?  How kind of your ‘rents.  Fels  Naptha

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Just be glad it wasn't Lifebuoy.  

Image result for christmas story soap poisoning

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

This sort of disrespect toward a vet QB is really shocking, especially coming from a rookie. I would think Jefferson had some Major apologizing to do. 

I Am sure there are some QBs in the league who wouldn’t even think about throwing his way for a while too. 

I do agree. It also makes me wonder if Kirk is an a-hole behind the scenes...doesn’t see like the team is 100% behind him. 

13 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Yeah, no one respects Cousins. There were always rumblings about him not being well liked in Washington. 

Probably true but i bet every time he looks at his bank account it makes him feel a little better ...

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

I don't recall that but I remember the Jets were desperate to get him...

Shocking in hindsight...

I think the Jets actually offered more money

EDIT 

They did. Jets offered 3 years 90 million. Vikes offered 3years 84 million

Edited by Captain Hindsight
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, prissythecat said:

Wasn't too long ago that a number of folks here were salivating over Cousins as an FA QB possibility for the Bills.

Well, sure, Duh! 

Look at the salivation against the background of who we'd had at QB for the previous 5 season -

Tyrod, Peterman, EJ Manuel, Cardale Jones, the Dregs of Matt Cassel, Kyle Orton, Thad Lewis, and Jeff Tuel.

If that's been the diet available, including the use of a 1st round pick, you gotta admit Kirk Cousins looks relatively tasty.

• Haha (+1) 1