The Airport Last Night/This Morning

Dr Krentist

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Real McNasty said:

Man, this fan base you gotta love!

Even in Covid times we still have that College energy that the players love. Players from around the league see it as well. I really don't think the Bills are a team that any player would not want to play for.

The devotion is flat out next level.....

tenor.gif?itemid=9895190

For sure.

On WGR earlier they mentioned that for the first-year players, last night at the airport (and heck, even outside the stadium in Denver as they were boarding the busses back to the airport) was their first taste of Bills Mafia.  Pretty crazy when you think about it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yes but completely irresponsible.  But have at it.

I heard they were all given COVID vaccinations (sponsored by Northtowne Auto) before being they were allowed around the fence 😎

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

They really need to rush the Moderna vaccine to Buffalo.  Otherwise a SB win will cause a huge surge in Covid cases.  There's no way a pandemic will stop Bills fans from celebrating.  

Fans can celebrate, but a parade wont happen until officially scheduled. I'd expect the parade to get pushed more into late spring/early summer.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Looks just fine from the “fans” and the Police and the Fire Fighters that were also in attendance 

Seriously? 

I mean I have nothing against the people coming to the airport and cheering and holding signs and stuff - if they want to be able to go to a playoff game everybody being masked would be helpful to that cause of course - but beating on the players cars to the extent some of them were, much less actually sticking their faces inside the player's car windows, was really disrespectful and Not a Good Look at all. 

We historically take justifiable pride as Buffalo fans in Loving our Bills but also respecting them as people.  I can't see that as respecting the Bills players property and personal space.

Love you but Be Better, BillsMafia!

• Like (+1) 8

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Seriously? 

I mean I have nothing against the people coming to the airport and cheering and holding signs and stuff - if they want to be able to go to a playoff game everybody being masked would be helpful to that cause of course - but beating on the players cars to the extent some of them were, much less actually sticking their faces inside the player's car windows, was really disrespectful and Not a Good Look at all. 

We historically take justifiable pride as Buffalo fans in Loving our Bills but also respecting them as people.  I can't see that as respecting the Bills players property and personal space.

Love you but Be Better, BillsMafia!

25 years that is all I need to respond with. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So 25 years makes it OK to be disrespectful and get all into someone's personal space?  I don't think that's a line of reasoning you want to get into.

Makes it emotional. And joy has things happen with it. See no further than what happened when election was announced. I am glad majority by videos look to be in masks 

11 minutes ago, Agent 91 said:

What? That makes it right? 

What makes it wrong???  I get people’s emotions clouding better judgment. But won’t judge them either. 

also Writing is on the wall there isn’t going to be a Fan in Bills Stadium at all this year. 

Edited by MAJBobby

The reaction was, at one and the same time, both expected and fabulous, as well as potentially dangerous and life threatening! 

We humans do, what we do, regardless of consequence or absence of freedoms. Normally, I would say, NOT a wise choice during this plague, notwithstanding they had the one critical positive factor on their side- Outside v.s. Inside.

Notwithstanding, I equate this to the Justin Turner situation.

IF, ALL YOUR TEAM AND THE ENTIRE HEAD OFFICE ORG AND BIZ HAVE NEVER, EVER EXPERIENCED THE SUCCESS OF A PENNANT PLUS A SIGNIFICANT HUNK OF YOUR FAN BASE, THEN, YOU KNOW WHAT TENDS TO HAPPEN! 

This wasn’t the Middle of the Glory Years steamroller. It is largely a youthful, rookie laden/ first time player, conglomerate.

Most importantly, those players, so many heading to the Playoffs as one of the Co Favourites, NEED to see, for their first time, how rabid the fan base is behind them!

p.s. Would have loved to be with them, but I attended XXV when I was 39. You do the Math.

Edited by Billsatlastin2018

14 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

What makes it wrong???  I get people’s emotions clouding better judgment. But won’t judge them either. 

also Writing is on the wall there isn’t going to be a Fan in Bills Stadium at all this year. 

The “wrong” of it, which you seem to be struggling with, is how some of them expressed their emotion - the banging on cars and yelling through windows (maskless, to boot). There’s nothing wrong with getting emotional about it, just how a few of them expressed it. Hey, I’ve seen worse first hand - downtown Boston after their first Brady SB win was criminal pandemonium. But reining in the bad actors, or at least pointing them out, should be what responsible fans do.

Edited by JoPoy88
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

The “wrong” of it, which you seem to be struggling with, is how some of them expressed their emotion - the banging on cars and yelling through windows (maskless, to boot). There’s nothing wrong with getting emotional about it, just how a few of them expressed it. Hey, I’ve seen worse first hand - downtown Boston after their first Brady SB win was criminal pandemonium. But reigning in the bad actors, or at least pointing them out, should be what responsible fans do.

Or say nothing about their personal choice like others would. 

• Like (+1) 1