Week 16: Bills at Pats on MNF

YoloinOhio

33 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

The Mad Scientist. 

I’ve said it before, he’s the very best. Probably ever.

Translation: ‘Just let me get to the end of this year and retire so nobody gets to question why my winning percentage without Tom Brady is worse than Rex Ryan’s’

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I made it 4 minutes. 

what a prick 

10 minutes ago, wjag said:

Less.  He’s as unwatchable as McDermott. 

I mean it wasn't bad I thought it was kind of enjoyable that he was really only asked about two of his players the QBs which he continues to refuse to answer and the kicker, everything else was Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

The Mad Scientist. 

I’ve said it before, he’s the very best. Probably ever.

Good lord, he has to be the most miserable person on earth! Holy cow!!

though I wouldn’t be surprised if you were around him away from the game aspect that he is the funniest S.O.B. To be around!! I see visions of Steve Wright! Lol

• Like (+1) 1

My point being I don’t think there’s ever been a HC who so thoroughly knows his opponent like him. Of course he’s an a-hole. McDermott can’t hold a candle to Darth for knowledge of his next opponent. If a guy didn’t play with Philly or Carolina, Sean is all ‘Who?😳🤓’ 

32 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean it wasn't bad I thought it was kind of enjoyable that he was really only asked about two of his players the QBs which he continues to refuse to answer and the kicker, everything else was Bills.

You never learn anything listening to McDermott.  It’s 20 minutes you won’t get back.  If I was a reporter and had to do that for a living, I would find it exasperating. They asked McDermott today about Newton and Stidham and he actually said they’re good QBs.  The Dark Lord on the other hand looks like he is pained to sit through this coaching charades show.  He just refuses to answer most questions.   

25 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not required? So it's not happening then. 

2 minutes ago, wjag said:

You never learn anything listening to McDermott.  It’s 20 minutes you won’t get back.  If I was a reporter and had to do that for a living, I would find it exasperating. They asked McDermott today about Newton and Stidham and he actually said they’re good QBs.  The Dark Lord on the other hand looks like he is pained to sit through this coaching charades show.  He just refuses to answer most questions.   

McDermott never creates bulletin board material or throws anyone under the bus it's just not something he does.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, wjag said:

they ARE good quarterbacks... just maybe not good NFL quarterbacks ;)

2 hours ago, jkeerie said:

I really can't agree with you that Josh's injury didn't have a negative effect on his play.  His accuracy was off during those games with the ball sailing high.  Even Hasselbeck said on ESPN that he had a similar injury in his non-throwing shoulder and wearing a brace threw his mechanics off...with the ball sailing high.  As to your other two points, I agree that scheduling and our defense not being healthy (especially Edmunds shoulder) impacted those games.

I thought the Titans game was one of his better games. He had a decent QBR in that game.

59 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I thought the Titans game was one of his better games. He had a decent QBR in that game.

I'll give you that one.  Allen played pretty well in that game with the exception of one bad INT.  Roberts and our defense killed us along with too many flags.

25 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I'll give you that one.  Allen played pretty well in that game with the exception of one bad INT.  Roberts and our defense killed us along with too many flags.

To me that Tennessee game looked like our worst game of the season in terms of overall team performance. They all (including Allen) looked like they had been up drinking all night... ... ok, maybe not that bad... but they just looked tired...

Honestly, outside of KC, I feel like the Titans are perhaps the hardest matchup for us in the entire league. They're probably the most balanced offense in the NFL. Teams have to respect the run and the pass, and it's up to interpretation which is the bigger threat. And Vrabel is the real deal, as well. Having such a well balanced offense means that whatever weakness you show on defense may be exploited, and Vrabel is smart enough to recognize such weaknesses. Defending the Titans means being able to defend the entire field. 

There are teams that become easier to defend once they get into the red zone, because the field is compressed, and you can more easily take away what they do well. For the Titans, that becomes the moment that Vrabel exploits the opposing team's weaknesses.

If we can finish the season healthy on defense, I would want to face the Titans right away (assuming they make the playoffs, which I believe they will). 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

To me that Tennessee game looked like our worst game of the season in terms of overall team performance. They all (including Allen) looked like they had been up drinking all night... ... ok, maybe not that bad... but they just looked tired...

Honestly, outside of KC, I feel like the Titans are perhaps the hardest matchup for us in the entire league. They're probably the most balanced offense in the NFL. Teams have to respect the run and the pass, and it's up to interpretation which is the bigger threat. And Vrabel is the real deal, as well. Having such a well balanced offense means that whatever weakness you show on defense may be exploited, and Vrabel is smart enough to recognize such weaknesses. Defending the Titans means being able to defend the entire field. 

There are teams that become easier to defend once they get into the red zone, because the field is compressed, and you can more easily take away what they do well. For the Titans, that becomes the moment that Vrabel exploits the opposing team's weaknesses.

If we can finish the season healthy on defense, I would want to face the Titans right away (assuming they make the playoffs, which I believe they will). 

That was a game til the 4th.  Buffalo has grown up since than imo.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

My point being I don’t think there’s ever been a HC who so thoroughly knows his opponent like him. Of course he’s an a-hole. McDermott can’t hold a candle to Darth for knowledge of his next opponent. If a guy didn’t play with Philly or Carolina, Sean is all ‘Who?😳🤓’ 

Do you seriously believe that McDermott does not know his next opponent? 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2