Week 16: Bills at Pats on MNF

YoloinOhio

6 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

While I admit some coaches like “bounty mentality” Belicheat may not be one to endorse it. 

but then again the goon Gronk did lay a bad hit on Tre.  

IMO You play Josh as normal. Sometimes playing safe turns out the wrong way. 

And let's not forget Woolfork taking out JP's knee.

8 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Big news.

Bills clinch the #2 Seed next week with the following..

PIT Loss (vs IND)

TEN Loss (vs GB)

BUF Win (vs NE) 

We will know they results of the Steelers and Titans games before we go to bed on Sunday! 

Looking at Sunday's games I would say the odds are in the Bills favor when they play Monday night. GB is still trying to lock down the #1 seed and playing at Lambeau is a tough place to play. GB should win. The Steelers are struggling but it will still be a tough game for the Colts. I would say this is a toss up but the Colts winning would not shock me. I wouldn't even call it an upset at this point.

Lines this morning are GB -3.5, PIT -2.5, and BUF -7.  I think the chances of clinching the #2 seed this weekend are probably 50/50.  I think the Stillers are in a free-fall and Indy feels like the favorite.  Buffalo should win.  The game that is the most “iffy” is GB-TEN.  Could absolutely see TEN winning that one.

2 minutes ago, eball said:

Lines this morning are GB -3.5, PIT -2.5, and BUF -7.  I think the chances of clinching the #2 seed this weekend are probably 50/50.  I think the Stillers are in a free-fall and Indy feels like the favorite.  Buffalo should win.  The game that is the most “iffy” is GB-TEN.  Could absolutely see TEN winning that one.

I will take my chances with Rodgers and company at Lambeau anytime especially a really strong GB team like this one.

Bills played the toughest schedule, lost to the Chiefs missing one of their key defensive pieces [MIlano] and Tremaine was also not 100%.  Titans game was an aberration  -- NFL disrupted schedules and rewarded the team that didn't follow the protocol.

5 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I will take my chances with Rodgers and company at Lambeau anytime especially a really strong GB team like this one.

Yes, but if it's cold and nasty, Henry is a granite bowling ball.

13 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Bills played the toughest schedule, lost to the Chiefs missing one of their key defensive pieces [MIlano] and Tremaine was also not 100%.  Titans game was an aberration  -- NFL disrupted schedules and rewarded the team that didn't follow the protocol.

Yes, but if it's cold and nasty, Henry is a granite bowling ball.

The Titans game started with Andre Roberts tipping a good pass by Josh into the hands of a Titans defender.

Andre is now WR6 or WR7 on the depth chart and won’t see the field besides returns.  The Titans will notice the difference if we play them.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, eball said:

TEN winning at GB makes no difference as long as Bills win, Colts beat Pitt and Browns beat Jets.

That’s  because Steelers play Browns in Wk 17 so one of those teams finish 12-4.  Bills win any 3 or 4 team tiebreaker at 12-4.

• Like (+1) 2

Going to be interesting to see how far we have come since the first game, I think Josh has made huge strides since that first game....  we were without Hyde. Milano got hurt early and Edmonds was hurt but played, and I think Wallace was banged up and Norman was out...  and pretty sure we lost John Brown during the game as well.  

I mean Miami beat them...    don't beat ourselves its a win.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Except there's several scenarios where the Ravens wouldn't be the 7 seed.

If the Steelers win this weekend and the Bills win out the Colts are the 7.... or if the Jets some how beat the Browns this weekend the Ravens won't be the 7 seed(assuming they win out) 

That's true and we need to reevaluate going into the week, but if that ends up being the scenario, Baltimore needs to be out.

On 12/20/2020 at 1:50 PM, eball said:

Hell freaking no. They are peaking and on a roll; the last thing you want to do is mess with that rhythm and momentum. 

We rested starters in Jets game last year, it makes sense this is a long season.   

But obviously this game means something to our playoff situation so we care about the W here.

Would be nice to get a huge lead and be able to rotate young players in 2nd half.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I like his take.  The NE Defense deliberately play light boxes to encourage other teams to run and to maximize their number of pass defenders.  They know they can't win a shoot out, so slow the game down, keep the score close, and keep the other offense predictable in down and distance.

If Daboll schemes up a way to throw on them and makes Cam chase the game, this could get real ugly. Gilmore's out, so this could be another "throw to Diggs until they stop it or don't, then throw to Beasly" sorta game.

1 minute ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

I like his take.  The NE Defense deliberately play light boxes to encourage other teams to run and to maximize their number of pass defenders.  They know they can't win a shoot out, so slow the game down, keep the score close, and keep the other offense predictable in down and distance.

If Daboll schemes up a way to throw on them and makes Cam chase the game, this could get real ugly. Gilmore's out, so this could be another "throw to Diggs until they stop it or don't, then throw to Beasly" sorta game.

kinda what we do every game?

Just keep winning and playing.  I would be weary of playing NE game.  I would like Buffalo setting the terms to NE.  Without Gilmore spread em out and whip em.  Get up a few scores and the game is uglier than Denver.

• Like (+1) 1