Week 16: Bills at Pats on MNF

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

I could see Daboll and McDermott trying to send a message in this game and have Allen drop back and throw it almost every play in the 1st half like they did against Seattle and try and run Belicheat and the Pats out of the building on National TV to put an exclamation point on their suite of consecutive Primetime Games.

Have Josh get his 350+ yds and 70+ completion% and 130+ QBR in the first half then sit him for the 2nd half

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Weather is decent.  Throw the ball.  They are pushing for him to get MVP you better believe it.  Also play for seeding.  2 is within reach.  Steelers play Colts and Browns.  13-3 very well will get 2nd seed.  I am glad both these games may mean something.  Keep the momentum going!

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Have Josh get his 350+ yds and 70+ completion% and 130+ QBR in the first half then sit him for the 2nd half

That's really going to hurt his QTR by QTR, HALF by HALF numbers.

Just heard on the radio today and was kind of shocked but not really.  Allen's 1st half and 2nd half passing numbers  (2000/2000).  Right down the middle.  I mean, how much more consistent can you be?

https://www.footballdb.com/players/josh-allen-allenjo06/splits/2020

image.thumb.png.d93ceef5a9f01cc3eea0d2a98ce2694f.png

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

Just heard on the radio today and was kind of shocked but not really.  Allen's 1st half and 2nd half passing numbers  (2000/2000).  Right down the middle.  I mean, how much more consistent can you be?

That's a crazy stat

22 minutes ago, Fred Slacks said:

Weather is decent.  Throw the ball.  They are pushing for him to get MVP you better believe it.  Also play for seeding.  2 is within reach.  Steelers play Colts and Browns.  13-3 very well will get 2nd seed.  I am glad both these games may mean something.  Keep the momentum going!

This is what I am thinking. They can say they just want to get the win without injuries, but these guys are hungry. They aren't taking the foot off of the gas now.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Fred Slacks said:

With Gilmore out, that gets a little bit easier.

I’ll trust the coaches to give us the best possible game plan. I don’t care HOW we win, as long as we WIN. Throwing it all over would be fun, but running it down their throats has a certain appeal as well, and it’s something we need to improve. Nothing is worse than KNOWING they are going to run at you, and not being able to stop it. 

2 hours ago, Franchiseneedsme said:

Josh gets another chance to plead his MVP case on Monday night. Another performance like Saturday's, and he will have a legitimate shot at MVP

I’d prefer Super Bowl MVP!!!

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 4

53 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

https://www.footballdb.com/players/josh-allen-allenjo06/splits/2020

image.thumb.png.d93ceef5a9f01cc3eea0d2a98ce2694f.png

There is a lot of info in their though other than yards. He throws a lot more INT's, 2x INT rate,  a lot less TD's, a lower comp %, more YPA, etc. in the second half. We also go into half with the lead a lot. I assume a lot of this is our 3rd quarter woes on offense, which sometimes need us to have a big 4Q. But there are a lot of variables here, unsure I would use the bolded phrasing here. 

16 minutes ago, Mango said:

There is a lot of info in their though other than yards. He throws a lot more INT's, 2x INT rate,  a lot less TD's, a lower comp %, more YPA, etc. in the second half. We also go into half with the lead a lot. I assume a lot of this is our 3rd quarter woes on offense, which sometimes need us to have a big 4Q. But there are a lot of variables here, unsure I would use the bolded phrasing here. 

I get that.  And there are numbers in there that can be cherry picked left and right for how he has done and what he needs to improve on (for ex. you point out his INTs and a lot less TD's but his completion % is 5% more in the 3rd QTR compared to his 4th quarter numbers when we think he is the most clutch).

I was referring in terms of yards is all.

Nobody knows it more that there are things that need to improve than Allen and he's been doing everything he can to do that.

Edited by The Wiz

I would not place Josh Allen in harms way on Monday night.  Sorry, i just wouldn’t.  This team can accomplish big things in the playoffs.  But some jacka$$ Patriots player can roll up on his leg on a misty, crappy, cold Monday night and that would destroy it all.  not worth it.  it’s New England’s “Bowl” game and they will be salty and chippy.

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I would not place Josh Allen in harms way on Monday night.  Sorry, i just wouldn’t.  This team can accomplish big things in the playoffs.  But some jacka$$ Patriots player can roll up on his leg on a misty, crappy, cold Monday night and that would destroy it all.  not worth it.  it’s New England’s “Bowl” game and they will be salty and chippy.

They are professionals and don't play like that.  Ask.... I was going to @ someone but can't remember who it was who was saying players don't do that.

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I get where you're coming from but it's just as easy to say that the Bills could kneecap their SB chances by rolling into the playoffs with a rusty Josh and coming off two Barkley-led losses.  I think you play Josh in this one until you feel the game is securely won or lost.

9 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

Again what is "running up the score " to a bunch of professionals..grown a** men. Playing football.

Do fans complain when some D1 college beats a lesser opp by 50 or 60 points .

Smug ass Bellicheat in 07 running up the score, likely after watching hidden camera video of our practice. McD has too much class to run it up, but I hope he has a lapse.