[Name Only Title] Najee Harris

jkx2

4 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Never spend a round 1 pick on a running back in a passing league.

Did you watch the game?

Quote: "The game saw Harris break UA’s record for both career rushing yards and career rushing touchdowns, but his performance as a pass-catcher is what caught more eyes — although it should not have been a surprise after he set the school record for single-season receiving touchdowns by a running back last season."

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, jkx2 said:

Did you watch the game?

Quote: "The game saw Harris break UA’s record for both career rushing yards and career rushing touchdowns, but his performance as a pass-catcher is what caught more eyes — although it should not have been a surprise after he set the school record for single-season receiving touchdowns by a running back last season."

that’s fantastic - a dynamic pass-catching back is probably the most valuable type of rb in today’s NFL. Still no 1st round pick, even if we pick 32 😉. Outlandish college production doesn’t mean much either nowadays.

has CEH been worth the 1 the chiefs used on him? Maybe...I’d argue probably not.

25 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

Get a back on day 2 or day 3

That's right - 1st round needs to be addressed will include interior offensive line, CB2, and maybe OT (if Williams does not return).

If the team desires to upgrade RB  -- that is a mid-round type of need in the draft.  

1 minute ago, Bulldog said:

That's right - 1st round needs to be addressed will include interior offensive line, CB2, and maybe OT (if Williams does not return).

If the team desires to upgrade RB  -- that is a mid-round type of need in the draft.  

OT or another playmaker on defense. I think someone like a Shaun Wade (could play outside, slot or even safety) could be interesting.

I think they’ll draft an OL early though, either 1st or 2nd round. They need to keep that depth up and it’s something Beane obviously values. 

1 hour ago, jkx2 said:

If you've watched Najee Harris at all this year you saw he's a special running back culminating with his 5 TD night in the championship game. Would you spend a 1st  round draft choice on him even though the popular consensus is never a running back in the 1st round. Other than a dominant tightend I think the Bills offense would be unstoppable with a guy like Najee in the backfield. 

Nope. Fill a hole.

1 hour ago, Magox said:

BPA

With that said, I’m hoping we find some real gems on the defensive line who can get after the QB.  More depth at LB and DB as well.

I agree with you getting after the QB that causes turnovers and more opportunities for this offense we need at least one guy that can make a big play on 3-4 sack in playoffs. 

23 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

that’s fantastic - a dynamic pass-catching back is probably the most valuable type of rb in today’s NFL. Still no 1st round pick, even if we pick 32 😉. Outlandish college production doesn’t mean much either nowadays.

has CEH been worth the 1 the chiefs used on him? Maybe...I’d argue probably not.

Was the RB who went for 161 yards against Buffalo worth the pick?  Yes.  Yes he was.  Reid has been limiting his touches since adding Bell, but he’s going to get a ton of carries and catches in the playoffs.  They were in danger of grinding him into a pulp 6 games into the season.

1 hour ago, jkx2 said:

If you've watched Najee Harris at all this year you saw he's a special running back culminating with his 5 TD night in the championship game. Would you spend a 1st  round draft choice on him even though the popular consensus is never a running back in the 1st round. Other than a dominant tightend I think the Bills offense would be unstoppable with a guy like Najee in the backfield. 

I might be showing Iowa State bias, but the best RB in college is Breece Hall. He's only a SO, but he does everything (block, catch, run). 6'1 215 and runs a 4.45 40

Here's the logical problem with using 1st round picks on RBs:

If they are anywhere south of a perennial 1,000 yard back it's a wasted pick because the NFL is chock full of serviceable starting RBs taken in rounds 4-7.

If they play well enough to justify the 1st round pick, they want to get paid like it after 4 years and smart GMs don't pay long term contracts to RBs.  So at that point the best move is to let them destroy some other team's salary cap.

In my opinion you don't take a player in the 1st round if you don't think there's at least a chance they'll sign long term after their rookie contract and spend a decade as a Bill.  

I'm fine with adding a RB in round 4-7.  Other than that they still have serious issues in the front 7 on defense mostly related to age. They need to add a DE or two and a 1 tech DT (maybe Starr and Phillips are the answer for 2021).  So much will depend on what happens with Milano and Williams.  If they let Milano walk then OLB becomes the most immediate need. Of course they can replace a few of these guys in free agency.  

They will bring in a TE too but I would favor a veteran TE and not a rookie.  Learning curve for that spot is too great and this team needs to win now.  Knox may still be an above average TE.  He has not hit his ceiling yet.  But with Kroft almost assuredly gone they will need another body.