What to do in 2 meaningless (?) games

Artem Lipatov

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The chiefs will play 2 games before we play again. If they (miraculously) lose both, I’m cool with hammering down here. If they win both, I’m good with sitting Josh, Diggs, Beasley, Tre, Milano and Edmunds. But I trust Mcd to do what’s right. As long as nobody gets hurt, I’m good.

Yea any hope for the 1 seed depends on the chiefs losing today for sure...they aren't losing to the Falcons and chargers but if were in week 17 and need the chargers to upset the chiefs you never know 

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The chiefs will play 2 games before we play again. If they (miraculously) lose both, I’m cool with hammering down here. If they win both, I’m good with sitting Josh, Diggs, Beasley, Tre, Milano and Edmunds. But I trust Mcd to do what’s right. As long as nobody gets hurt, I’m good.

For two whole games though?  Icing down your most important players for 21 days before a playoff run is not a SB winning formula.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine
  • Like (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

By the way current projections are now up to 2% for the one seed.  It ain't nothing.  If the Chiefs lose to the Saints, we're one fluke away from it happening.

Sucks its one specific fluke...it would be nice if losses to the Falcons and saints did the trick but they'd have us in conference record.  Chargers seem like the type of team that could upset somebody down the stretch 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

16 minutes ago, Artem Lipatov said:

Should  Bills rest starters? Or they will loose good shape and pace they found latter games?

Should they fight for #2 and #3 seed to avoid Chiefs until Conference final ? 
Garbage time injuries of Diggs, White and Williams were scary yesterday.How Bills can prevent starters from injuries and be in good fit for playoffs? 

The beauty of today is Buffalo gets to scout the next two opponents in one game.  

Now to answer your question.  Pedal to the medal.  Play everyone and crush everyone.  This time though, get the second string in the game sooner.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

For two whole weeks though?  Icing down your most important players for 21 days before a playoff run is not a SB winning formula.

I don’t know. I definitely want Diggs and Tre out. They are already dinged up. They will be fine. They aren’t going to need the reps. They are all word veterans and are tactical genius’s at their craft. The rest would only help them. Josh might need a few reps for rhythm but I don’t want him at risk for a long stretch. Edmunds can play. Milano is a guy I would much rather sit. Maybe play Milano and John Brown 5-10 snaps so they are testing but not risking as much. I’d also kind of like to see what a few guys have here before the post season. You never know when you might find a guy that can really help you. Give Dane Jackson, Dodson and a few young WRs a shot to show you something before the post season. I know it’s not ideal to sit guy for long periods but an injury to Josh would just end this. The 2 seed would be worth it I guess, if you have a shot at the divisional round being at home. But if it’s between the 3 or 4, I don’t care.

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

2 seed would be nice...I think Baltimore is gonna leapfrog indy for the 6 seed and I would much rather play the Colts 

Plus the 2 seed gets you a home game until the conference championship.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Whkfc said:

yeah these games arent meaningless at all. we can still get homefield at least until afc championship game.

that's a great point.  I wonder how the players/team views homefield w/o fans--and with the possibility of wind, etc.  

such a strange season, generally it would be go for the 2 seed, bye week, etc.  Now it's, home field without fans.  oh well, at least they are playing! 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

that's a great point.  I wonder how the players/team views homefield w/o fans--and with the possibility of wind, etc.  

such a strange season, generally it would be go for the 2 seed, bye week, etc.  Now it's, home field without fans.  oh well, at least they are playing! 

i think the having to not travel is big for the guys 

17 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

How would #2 not be viable after this week? Lol were a game behind the steelers with the tiebreaker if they win and they've got a couple tough games coming up.  Heck the one seed could be mathematically in play in week 17 although it would take a big upset with the chiefs losing to the chargers

It will be viable. Next week, we play the last game of the week. If Pitt loses today and next Sunday, we only need one more win to beat them in seeding.  My point was, we will know a lot more on Monday morning next week than we do right now or even next Sunday morning. 

19 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

What's wrong with so many posters about this? Those games are NOT meaningless. We are playing for seeding, for sweeping freaking Pats, sweeping division, hell we even may win AFC atm.

Amen!  These games are still critical!  The 2 seed is there for the taking if we handle our business. I just dont see Pittsburgh beating both the Colts and Browns. I also dont see the 1 seed as likely.  KC losing 2 more games just doesn't seem realistic. 

• Like (+1) 1