What to do in 2 meaningless (?) games

Artem Lipatov

The number two seed is huge so it's hardly meaningless games.  Not only would you get two home playoff games(providing that you win the first one) but most importantly is you are guaranteed not to play KC unless they both make the AFC Championship.  If KC were to get knocked off along the way and you keep winning, the Bills could evn host the AFC Championship. 

Gotta play for the highest seeds when they are available. 1 maybe going to KC, but 2 n 3 could still be had. The goal is to avoid going to KC till the AFC championship. 2 n 3 avoids that route no matter what. 

Plus two guarantees two home games if you win the first round. 

I don't want any more injuries, but I believe that going into the postseason with a 13-3 record would be a real confidence booster. One reason we let the starters on the field in week 17 last year was to sell tickets. I think it was a financial decision. This year, the stadium will be empty anyway so there won't be much reason to risk injury.

I think we play to win, but still rest who we need to rest. We still have a chance at the #2 seed realistically and an extremely outside shot at #1. But if Diggs is better served sitting out then you absolutely sit him to be 100% for the playoffs. John Brown may be back next week as well. It's a drop off, but not a lineup Josh is unfamiliar with if we have Brown and Davis on the outside. 

#2 seed is at play so they arent meaningless.  Crushing the Pats is never meaningless.  Maybe rest part of the Miami game, but I am not a fan of resting starters personally.  I believe they come out flat for the playoffs when they do that.  Definitely not two weeks rest.

Great topic! Although I think it my be more appropriate after tonight's game. And, since that's the case, I won't answer until tomorrow.

Some great points made by posters:

*Having said that I can't help but wonder if some aren't overrating the seeds. Again wait until tomorrow. But, Cleveland, Indy, Tenn, Balt are all tough opponents.

* If Miami is involved after today it could impact how I feel. 

* Getting the second seed and having Josh out or other important guys is no way to go.

* People are brave by saying just to play balls to the wall until the wrong injury happens

* Keeping momentum seems important, if you can maintain it and get your guys out with a decent lead that's ideal.

* If I remember correctly, did NE not win the Super Bowl in 2014 after pulling Brady (others?) and put Garapalo in at halftime of a 17-9 loss to us in week 17

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower

2 hours ago, RochesterLifer said:

Beat New England.

I'd agree but it almost is more insulting to put out our 2nd stringers. Says we dominated this conference and we don't even need to try. Or even better, Barkley goes out and beats them.

I think this speaks volumes to our back up QB situation, I think if we had a Fitzpatrick, mariota, or solid journeyman at back up, I think everyone in bills mafia would say rest josh and feel comfortable with a decent backup to finish out the year. But starting Barkley against 2 good teams feels like an auto loss.