What to do in 2 meaningless (?) games

Artem Lipatov

Just now, Whkfc said:

i think the having to not travel is big for the guys 

I've heard this, but traveling for an NFL player seems pretty easy?  Show up at airport, get on jet (no security), posh seats, land, nice hotel, etc.  Might be less of a distraction even for players to not have to deal with family obligations.  Also, more time around the team prior to the game.   The fans (12th man) always seemed like the biggest benefit for me, esp. for our D.  Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.  !  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

that's a great point.  I wonder how the players/team views homefield w/o fans--and with the possibility of wind, etc.  

such a strange season, generally it would be go for the 2 seed, bye week, etc.  Now it's, home field without fans.  oh well, at least they are playing! 

I just looked it up and teams across the NFL actually have a lower than .500 winning percentage at home this season.  Going to assume that's the first time ever.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Buffalo is playing too good right now to turn it off.  Keep it rolling.  The difference between 2, 3, or 4th seed could be hosting more playoff games.  In a pandemic with every state with differant rules.  Stay home, stay  comfoetable.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't want to see any resting going on against the Cheats.  It's payback time, biatch.  I want a 56-10 beatdown, so maybe someday when the Cheats are on MNF, they'll replay that beatdown.  They always replay our most embarrassing moments against the Cheats, and it's time we turned that ***** around.  

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Poaching the 2nd seed could be significant and resting a bunch of starters against the Patriots on MNF will dent the team morale that's currently our X-factor.  If our seed is locked in against Miami, on the other hand, rest away.

I think we could beat them with backups.

Yeah I’m on the play on bandwagon until something is set in stone.

I want to keep the momentum rolling. Not try to assume we will just find our groove coming out a week by sitting our guys.

If two homes are in play we should fight for it. I know it’s not as advantageous without the fans but not having to travel, knowing your home field is still a plus.

I want to meet the Chiefs round three not two.

At some point if any the above is out of play, pull the guys. 

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life

59 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

We will know a lot about the seeding picture before we kick off next week. If the #2 is viable, play for it, but with vanilla play calling (or put red herring plays in for defenses to game plan for). 

What does that mean?

Even if the remaining games were meaningless (they’re not) there is some precedent out there suggesting that parking your starters for an extended period of time before the playoffs isn’t necessarily a good idea. So Im not on board with anything the OP is suggesting, even if his premise was sound.

31 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I've heard this, but traveling for an NFL player seems pretty easy?  Show up at airport, get on jet (no security), posh seats, land, nice hotel, etc.  Might be less of a distraction even for players to not have to deal with family obligations.  Also, more time around the team prior to the game.   The fans (12th man) always seemed like the biggest benefit for me, esp. for our D.  Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.  !  

Yeah, a 2 -3 hour charter flight doesn't seem like a big deal.

Wow, who in the hell thinks these games are meaningless?  You can talk all you want about the stupid phrase about beating the best on the way to the Championship.  Total BS.  The Bills need to stay away from Kansas City until the final round of the AFC Playoffs.  That requires the #2 or #3 seed.  With Tennessee on our tail, you don't rest anyone.  You play for the #2 seed.  Period.  That would guarantee the possible game with KC doesn't happen until the AFC Championship.  And hope they get knocked off before sometime in the way there.  I'm also assuming KC won't blunder their way out of the #1.

Edited by Lv-Bills

When you turn it off, you can seldom turn it on again. Sure, you can give injured guys an extra week. But you never shut them down, even for a half. Momentum is everything in this game and we have it rolling. Keep it rolling and go like a well oiled machine!

• Like (+1) 2

Honestly you do the smart thing and take your players out when the game is decided, but the more I think about it the more I hate the idea of intentionally slowing down this stampede so that nobody gets hurt.  Not the identity of this team.  McD couldn't look his guys in the eye if he didn't try to win every game.  I don't want one playoff win anymore, I want them all.