What to do in 2 meaningless (?) games

Artem Lipatov

Should  Bills rest starters? Or they will loose good shape and pace they found latter games?

Should they fight for #2 and #3 seed to avoid Chiefs until Conference final ? 
Garbage time injuries of Diggs, White and Williams were scary yesterday.How Bills can prevent starters from injuries and be in good fit for playoffs? 

Tony Dungy says if he had it to do over he wouldn’t take the last two games off. 

(that’s not a quote, but hindsight)

Belichek didn’t rest  starters. You have to let starters prepare and start. Feel free to rest them in second half if games are in hand. 

Edited by RJ (not THAT RJ)
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Artem Lipatov said:

Should  Bills rest starters? Or they will loose good shape and pace they found latter games?

Garbage time injuries of Diggs, White and Williams were scary yesterday.How Bills can prevent starters from injuries and be in good fit for playoffs? 

They aren't meaningless yet

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

the minor injuries yesterday were a bit concerning and I wish McD would have pulled the stars a few drives before he did... but count me as one of the few who is always in favor of playing the games.  Players play. Coaches coach. Teams win games with continuity and momentum.  I say let 'em play.  

• Like (+1) 2

If #2 seed is  in play I play the starters in the first half. Just to keep the rust off and see if we get that seed

Accidents happen every day unfortunately but a couple years back one of the AFC teams got the bye week and came out in the game and played like camp fodder

This year with no fans in the stands it is not really home field advantage but sleeping on your own bed advantage

Edited by scuba guy
Typos

Just now, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Poaching the 2nd seed could be significant and resting a bunch of starters against the Patriots on MNF will dent the team morale that's currently our X-factor.  If our seed is locked in against Miami, on the other hand, rest away.

will also be interesting if there is a chance we could play Miami in the playoffs. They probably don’t want to tip their hand on game-planning too much in the regular season game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, scuba guy said:

If #2 seed in play I play the starters in the first half. Just to,keep the rust off and see if we get that seed

Accidents happen every day unfortunately but a couple years back,one of the AFC teams got the bye week a came out in the ge a played like camp fodder

This year with no fans in the stands it is not really he field advantage but sleeping on your own bed advantage

re-reading what you type before hitting "submit reply" is helpful.

• Like (+1) 1

You don’t rest anyone until you know and things are locked in. Seeding may go down to the end of the last week. Unless it’s a nagging injury for someone you need healthy, you sit no one until things are decided. That’s likely second half of Dolphins game at the earliest.  

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

will also be interesting if there is a chance we could play Miami in the playoffs. They probably don’t want to tip their hand on game-planning too much in the regular season game.

I think Miami is toast considering the Ravens schedule but IF they get a gift and can clinch a berth against us, the game will be interesting on so many levels.  We'd kind of have to go to the mattresses because you don't want to provide momentum and get blown out against the team that you're playing again one week later.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Artem Lipatov said:

Not necessarily meaningless. The 2nd seed is definitely in play and we might actually be favored to get it....Pittsburgh has to play Cleveland and Indy still and I could see either or both of those teams beating them. 

We hold the tie break so all we would need is to have the same record as they do and we would be assured 2 home games as long as we win the first.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

We will know a lot about the seeding picture before we kick off next week. If the #2 is viable, play for it, but with vanilla play calling (or put red herring plays in for defenses to game plan for). 

How would #2 not be viable after this week? Lol were a game behind the steelers with the tiebreaker if they win and they've got a couple tough games coming up.  Heck the one seed could be mathematically in play in week 17 although it would take a big upset with the chiefs losing to the chargers

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan