Teddy Bruschi on Josh Allen

Mailman

On 12/20/2020 at 7:22 AM, Mailman said:

Basking in the victory we have all longed for (I was 22 last time we won the division) and tuned into Sunday NFL Countdown on ESPN. Matt Hasselbeck said he feels JA is currently as good as Mahomes. Of course, Patriot homer Teddy B cant help himself and try to downplay Josh's ascension and point out the playoff loss last year as one of the reasons Mahomes is so much better than Josh. Between Teddy and Rodney Harrison and their Patriot loving BS, its nearly impossible to watch. Oh well Teddy!  AFC East Champs this year!

Having this conversation, in and of itself, is so very dang cool!  A discussion about whether Allen is on the same level as Mahomes or not.  Dang!  I love it!

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So I really didn't have any problem with suggesting that Josh Allen needs to win in the postseason and also demonstrate consistency, but maybe Teddy and Skip Bayless should get a room

Mayfield 62.3% completion, not bad.  Allen 68.7%.

Mayfield interception % 2.1%, not bad.  Allen 1.8%.

Wonder what metrics he's using to determine charisma?

Not only is Skip Bayless one of the worst "sports reporters" I ever wasted any seconds of my life listening to, but he's also an OU homer. Him and Stephen A together day in and day out was about like Lebatard and his group of bumbling idiots now. 

So I really didn't have any problem with suggesting that Josh Allen needs to win in the postseason and also demonstrate consistency, but maybe Teddy and Skip Bayless should get a room

Skips entire career is built around fake debates and controversy. Whatever it takes to get views.

Obviously this take is controversial because it's clearly just wrong. And he knows that. 

Not sure why anyone would give that clown any attention. 

Edited by Process

So it's his turn to say the stupid ***** this time.

I mean some of these guys you can just tell they either A) Don't want to be wrong on their initial take of Allen or B) are just trolling to get clicks.

My personal favorite take is "He hasn't won in the playoffs".  Well he's played exactly 1 playoff game so hasn't exactly had a bunch of chances.  

I know they are normally talking about whether Allen is at Mahomes level when they talk about the playoffs part of it but basing how he's playing now vs 1 game last season seems kind of reaching for reasons.  First it was the accuracy, then it was he only beat bad teams, then they didn't have signature wins, now it's no playoff wins.  Just funny how these guys are suppose to be at least somewhat objective when they clearly are not.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

I mean some of these guys you can just tell they either A) Don't want to be wrong on their initial take of Allen or B) are just trolling to get clicks.

My personal favorite take is "He hasn't won in the playoffs".  Well he's played exactly 1 playoff game so hasn't exactly had a bunch of chances.  

I know they are normally talking about whether Allen is at Mahomes level when they talk about the playoffs part of it but basing how he's playing now vs 1 game last season seems kind of reaching for reasons.  First it was the accuracy, then it was he only beat bad teams, then they didn't have signature wins, now it's no playoff wins.  Just funny how these guys are suppose to be at least somewhat objective when they clearly are not.

This. I think it's a combination of him blowing up their preconceived talking points and narratives they've used about Allen over the last couple of years, the fact that he plays for the Bills, and how many of them STILL TO THIS DAY will not admit they were wrong about the kid.  

• Like (+1) 2