Teddy Bruschi on Josh Allen

Mailman

1 hour ago, Mailman said:

Basking in the victory we have all longed for (I was 22 last time we won the division) and tuned into Sunday NFL Countdown on ESPN. Matt Hasselbeck said he feels JA is currently as good as Mahomes. Of course, Patriot homer Teddy B cant help himself and try to downplay Josh's ascension and point out the playoff loss last year as one of the reasons Mahomes is so much better than Josh. Between Teddy and Rodney Harrison and their Patriot loving BS, its nearly impossible to watch. Oh well Teddy!  AFC East Champs this year!

First Playoff game

QB A (on the road)

24-46: 264 yds O TD; O INT;

9 rushes 92 yards rushing; 1 reception 16 yds receiving TD

2 fumbles, 1 lost

QB B (at home)

27-41: 278 yds  0TD; 0 INT

3 rushes 8 yards rushing 1 rushing TD

1 fumble not lost

Bottom-line: their individual first go around were not too different. Mahomes has since proven that he is clutch in the play-offs. Josh hopefully will in a few weeks at which time the last arguments will be gone that he belongs in the discussion. I think he will .. seems to have ice-water running through his veins.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Meanwhile one of you own mods makes a thread about someone else's opinion on the bills game -- mahomes.

You guys flame people for whatever validation criteria you think a thread deserves and based on who makes one and how you are feeling that moment.

More discussion regardless of topic is good for your board traffic.

You all need to chill.

Oh yeah! You’re gonna have a great time here. I have a cents about these things. 

For the record, we do object to ‘snarky’ posts.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Didn't think he was bashing Josh. Said he's not Mahomes' level yet. He's not wrong. He did nothing but compliment Josh from 1:00-2:00 mark. 

fantastic then he said nothing wrong or inaccurate. Surprising, but welcome news.

ESPN is still terrible.

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

Okay so how fine of hairs are we splitting here? Mahomes sat out his whole rookie year and Allen had to play his. Does that count for anything? Is there another non-point to make?

Not a non point, it’s referring to the position Hasselback made. Can you care to make point to what Hasselback said? 

3 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

Not a non point, it’s referring to the position Hasselback made. Can you care to make point to what Hasselback said? 

i can’t and won’t because i don’t support espn unless the Bills are playing on monday night. So i’m not looking up the clip but based on what you said if hasselbeck is drawing comparisons between mahomes’ and allen’s development he’s welcome to do so and there are valid comparisons to be made. Their development from a mechanics POV may be similar. From a results standpoint the nod still goes to Mahomes hands down.

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

i can’t and won’t because i don’t support espn unless the Bills are playing on monday night. So i’m not looking up the clip but based on what you said if hasselbeck is drawing comparisons between mahomes’ and allen’s development he’s welcome to do so and there are valid comparisons to be made. Their development from a mechanics POV may be similar. From a results standpoint the nod still goes to Mahomes hands down.

Good deal. He never commented on what they accomplished in prior seasons. He’s saying this year, right now Allen is playing at Maholmes’ level. He also said along the lines, I’m not taking away from what Maholmes has accomplished or diminishing his level play. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

fantastic then he said nothing wrong or inaccurate. Surprising, but welcome news.

ESPN is still terrible.

Nothing wrong or inaccurate. OK.

How about misleading? 

Talking about Allen's performance in the Texans playoff game to prove his point. Accurate? Sure. Misleading? Only a stupid person can't see the improvement in Allen and to throw his performance out there against the Texans as a point of reference is lazy.

Edited by Beast

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You said it: "this year"

The point is, those guys performed at a high level consistently year after year.  Marino won playoff games, conference championship, went to a Superbowl.  Kelly more so.

I love how JA is playing right now, but he'll tell you himself it's a "work in progress".   It's not your viewpoint or my viewpoint, but I can recognize it as a fair viewpoint that people want to see him sustain his level of play for a longer stretch and come back good next year before they perceive him as at that next level.

I semi agree but look at the situations.  Mahomes walked onto a stacked offense that had already had jell time.  They were practically superbowl contenders with Alex Smith and Mahomes got to sit a year and learn from one of the greatest offensive coaches in the game.  Josh walked onto a team in complete disaray and rebuild.  Started early with no offensive weapons.  Im looking at this year because of the growth and because our offense is just now comparable, although I would say that KC still has better skill players over all.  Yes, I get Josh needs to do more, but it is still fair to say, IMO, that he is every bit as good... this season. I also think he will continue to be every bit as good.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, KellyToTasker said:

Good deal. He never commented on what they accomplished in prior seasons. He’s saying this year, right now Allen is playing at Maholmes’ level. He also said along the lines, I’m not taking away from what Maholmes has accomplished or diminishing his level play. 

Yes i agree - currently (i.e., last month or so) and actually looking at both their aggregate performances across the whole season, I can’t put Josh below Mahomes. I wouldn’t put him above Mahomes either, but that’s just me. I’ll put it this way - I wouldn’t trade Allen for any other QB in the league right now. Including Mahomes. I didn’t feel that way at the end of October.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

Yes i agree - currently (i.e., last month or so) and actually looking at both their aggregate performances across the whole season, I can’t put Josh below Mahomes. I wouldn’t put him above Mahomes either, but that’s just me. I’ll put it this way - I wouldn’t trade Allen for any other QB in the league right now. Including Mahomes. I didn’t feel that way at the end of October.

100% agree. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

Nothing wrong or inaccurate. OK.

How about misleading? 

Talking about Allen's performance in the Texans playoff game to prove his point. Accurate? Sure. Misleading? Only a stupid person can't see the improvement in Allen and to throw his performance out there against the Texans as a point of reference is lazy.

all the more reason not to listen or watch ESPN, which was my larger point. You or the other poster i was replying to may be reading what he said in different ways, I respect both. I refuse to check it out myself but you’re both probably right.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sharky7337 said:

What are you trying to accomplish by jumping on me as well?

Your only making my reply more valid each time.

Keep pushing it and I’ll ‘accomplish’ something. 

Let it go. Back away from your keyboard and take a few deep breaths. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Keep pushing it and I’ll ‘accomplish’ something. 

Let it go. Back away from your keyboard and take a few deep breaths. 

I did long before you decided to throw your two cents in trying to intimidate me.

You should just let it go.

Funny you just threatened me with the same response type you gave me violation points for.

Another double standard again.

Edited by Sharky7337

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He's got a lot more to accomplish before being in Mahomes class but he's playing as well as any QB. 

Its time to do it in the playoffs. 

If he wins a Super Bowl - he's right there.

I wouldn't trade Allen for Mahomes right now.  I love Mahomes' game - but I love Allen's more.

• Like (+1) 1

It's a fair argument.  Patrick Mahomes is the defending Super Bowl champion.  Josh Allen hasn't won a playoff game yet.

Based on longevity alone, I would have a hard time ranking Allen ahead of Mahomes myself.

These kinds of debates have been happening the entire history of football.  When Jim Kelly was our quarterback, there were plenty of debates over who the best QB of the 1984 class was.  Most fans I knew felt Kelly was #2 behind Dan Marino, until years later when John Elway won a couple Super Bowls and leapfrogged him.  At the end of the day, Kelly was still a first-ballot Hall of Famer and considered among the best to ever play.

The fact that people are even arguing on TV about Mahomes vs. Allen, or Chiefs vs. Bills in the power rankings... that is enough to tell us how far we've come.  The way we become #1 on most lists is by winning the Super Bowl.

44 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

In 2020, being compared as a second to Paddy Mahomes...is NO slag.

Mahomes is #163 All Time in Passing Yards- > 13,000 & #127 in TDs with 109. He is 36-8 in 3 years and has won a SB! THIRTY SIX AND EIGHT + A SB! 

No slag there. 

We hope that Allen will be as great! 

I tend to agree however,  I never understood the one  is better than the other arguments.   It is a TEAM sport.  Just absolutely so friggin stupid.  Would Allen be 38-6 (or better) if Diggs and the team was where they are now  when Allen was drafted?  We will never know.   What would Mahomes record be if he played for the Bill's over the last three seasons?  We will never know and as I said previously.. it is a TEAM sport.  

Thankfully  coach McDermott knows this, and is obvious by his comments that Josh is aware that it's not about his record or stats vs Mahomes or any of the other BS that fans and media spew.

Smfh.